Atlasia v. East Coast Republican
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:45:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. East Coast Republican
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. East Coast Republican  (Read 8575 times)
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2009, 04:47:35 PM »

Guilty.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2009, 11:11:58 PM »

I am leaning guilty. I'm going to read over the thread again tomorrow and see if there is anything that may change my mind.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 01:28:53 AM »

The jury have voted 3 Guilty, 1 Not Guilty with 1 juror not voting, thus a verdict of Guilty has been rendered by the jury.

I shall render a sentence tomorrow or Saturday.  If the defendant wishes to exercise his common-law right of allocution, he may do so at this time.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 10:48:54 PM »

In determining the sentence that Defendant should receive for his conviction, I was influenced by two contrary arguments.  In favor of a strict sentence, Defendant has certainly shown no remorse for his crime and has treated this court and our judicial process with contempt.  In favor of a lenient sentence, Defendant's attempted performance of the SoFA's duties did not fool anyone and would most certainly have not fooled any, except the most gullible, if it were to have remained on the forum.

With these two arguments in mind, I believe a correct sentence should lean heavily in terms of restricting Defendant's ability to hold office and lightly in terms of restricting Defendant's ability to vote.  After all, not respecting the judicial process or the process with which are elections are conducted means that one does not respect authority.  In this judge's mind, it is those who do not respect authority that we should be most concerned about holding positions of authority

As such, I sentence the Defendant to:

1) 60-day ban from in any Atlasian elections
2) 180-day ban from holding any office under the Republic of Atlasia

So ordered.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies