Will Trump be a 1 term President? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:47:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will Trump be a 1 term President? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Trump be a 1 term President?  (Read 5777 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 11, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »

I lean towards yes. I've said it once and I'll say it till I'm blue in the face, a recession is going to hit between now and election day 2020 and Trump most likely isn't going to respond appropriately to it. On top of that, Trump has gotten little to nothing through a Congress that's controlled by his own party (especially compared to Obama in 2009, and even Bush in 2001 and Clinton in 1993), just imagine how much tougher it'll be for Trump to get Legislation through if the Democrats retake the House and split the Senate in 2018. Plus, you have the possibility of Mueller finding something really damaging against Trump (which means he might not even finish his term) and theirs the possibility of a quagmire of a war in North Korea or somewhere in the Middle East.

With that said, don't put it past the Democrats to not learn from the mistakes of 2016 and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 02:47:56 PM »

I think Trump could see a Primary challenger on the level of Ted Kennedy in 1980. However, the Country is too polarized to see a third party candidate that wins Perot '92/'96, Wallace '68, or even Anderson in '80 levels of support.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies