Why so poisonous? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:57:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Why so poisonous? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why so poisonous?  (Read 11273 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 26, 2004, 10:36:18 PM »

No hardly, we had one poster insisting that a story had been retracted, yet the web site showed it still there.  That guy is living in fantasy land.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 10:52:52 PM »

Who are you referring to?  People on this board?  For the most part, the only people who hurl personal insults around here are Bush supporters.

Yep, see the "Explosives" thread.  Let's see.  I've been told I can't read, even though the story didn't say what the poster said, told by several people that they wanted to have sex with me, asked if I gay, told Dick Cheney abused his family, that I lie (once by a Bush supporter) been accused of voter fraud, all by Kerry supporters.   

OOOH all those Kerry supporters are soooooooo nice.

In case you missed it, that's sarcasm.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »

Bush supporters are just as poisonous.  It's just a lot harder to notice something like that from a group that you agree with.

Gov. Nick raised the issue of "Bush supporters," though you'll note that I did memtion a Bush supporter as well.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 11:35:43 PM »

Gov. Nick raised the issue of "Bush supporters," though you'll note that I did memtion a Bush supporter as well.

But I'm not claiming that Bush supporters are the only ones who do it. I'm saying that both sides do it; most people just think it's only or at least predominantly the other side because they don't recognize it from their own side.

It gets kind of tiring being attacked because of my political beliefs; it's for that reason that I personally try to do as little of that as possible.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I didn't say you were.  Gov. Nick referred to "Bush Supporters."  I answered that.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 11:37:25 PM »

Bush is sucessful. He's successful at running a country into the ground.

You are confusing the word "country" with the words "liberal Democrats."
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 11:53:09 PM »

Bush is sucessful. He's successful at running a country into the ground.

You are confusing the word "country" with the words "liberal Democrats."

So only liberals lost jobs in the last 4 years? Only liberals lost money as the stock market has gone down? Only liberals have died for their country in Iraq? Gotcha.

I hate to tell you this, but the stock market bubbly burst in 1999-2000, when the recession started.  In Iraq it was Saddam Hussien that was run into the ground, quite literally.  It was Bush that helped end the recession, the roots of which started in the late 1990's.   It was also Bush policies that got the majority of the 1 million jobs lossed due to 9/11 back.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 12:27:33 AM »

I'm playing but stop demonizing liberals OK. We are not bad people. We are as American as all Americans and we want to make our country better.  In another thread people were all talking about how America won't last another 100 years.  Liberals are the optomists, they want to make our country strong.  They want to eliminate poverty.  They want to make the world a better place.

Here is a quote from one of the "liberals."

What causes sexual preference is of no interest to me, but what causes intolerance of another's sexual preference does interest me.  It seems to mainly stem from sick religion and a sick culture.  I'm all for Kerry pointing out Cheney's mistreatment of his family.

Yes, this of sick demonizing should stop.  I am well aware that conservatives say stupid things too, but they should be called on them, and I have not rushed to their defense when they are called on it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 09:13:56 PM »

Also, can you cite similiar examples by Bush supporters?

Read, like, half of the posts by "shankbear".

The only thing that I really see here is lumping everyone in a group with all the others.  Something that Freedomburns and jfern have done repeatedly; jfern even went so far as to threaten "civil war."
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 10:21:08 PM »

I frankly never saw Philip go that far, though he might.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 09:32:45 PM »

You begin to prove my point.

Unemployment under both Furd and Bush the elder was higher than under GW, both presided over a collapse of their party, both had challenges for renomination, both betrayed their base and both were losers.

Bush's conviction and strenght (and effectiveness) really rankles liberals.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, this does prove your point.  I think Jimmy Carter was the worst president of the 20th Century.  I also think he was honest, devote, treated people well, was a nice guy, and somebody I like to have dating my sister, if I had a sister.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies