France General Discussion III: Tout doit disparaître (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:23:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion III: Tout doit disparaître (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France General Discussion III: Tout doit disparaître  (Read 37987 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« on: July 22, 2018, 10:47:35 PM »

Macron might not even win a second term at this point. Would it be Le Front National again in 2022, or would a Left Party go against him(he is really screwing with Unions with his privatization)

This is from an American, BTW, so I dont know the most about French Politics.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »

Looking at Macron's approval and the situation, it doesnt seem that he will be able to win a second term. While I thought he would lose the right and face Marie LePen or a clone of her again, it seems that its the left deserting him, not the right. In this case, french Atlas-ers, which party will Macron likely face? A left party, or National Rally(apparently they changed their name)?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 07:57:20 AM »

He claimed he was leaving politics for good.

Anyway, Méluche has been the most obvious opposition figure over the last year or two; but christ knows I wouldn't want to predict what will be the case in 4 years. Let's at least see how LREM hold up in the Europeans and the Municipals.

Interesting, I do see how he would appeal to France, especially after the terrible job Macron of the center is doing, and the right's rapid decrease in popularity. While he does seem rather good, and could help counter the right wing nationalist wave, I do worry about his threat to leave the EU if elected.

Then again, there is still, what, 4 years of Macron's term, so anything can change.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 10:58:05 AM »

This presidency has been a disaster so far, I seriously doubt he runs for reelection in 2022.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 04:40:04 PM »

This presidency has been a disaster so far, I seriously doubt he runs for reelection in 2022.

Seriously? He's got 4 more years. Literally all economists said that benefits from reforms wouldn't come within a few months. There is a decent chance his reforms work and unemployment is down significantly by 2022. Even if unemployment doesn't drop to 7% he might face relatively weak opponents again anyway. Le Pen is toxic and Mélenchon has his own issues. PS and LR still look f**ed. Macron probably isn't going to win 67% of the vote again, but writing him off now is rather bold.

Im not writing him off, yet. Hes just clearly been a terrible president. You can argue about the economy improving or whatnot, but its clear that Macron himself is unpopular, seen as out of touch, and has almost every political ideology attacking him. Thats why I think he forgoes running again. If he were to run, he could win if the other parties squabble and bicker.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies