2016 Election Game - Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:34:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73746 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »

Governor Brain Sandoval's Campaign Schedule: September 21-27

9/21: Breakfast Meet and Greet at IHop in Waterloo, Iowa.

What do I think of Democrats already attacking each other? Keep it going! It's important, though, on this side of the aisle, that while we may have our respectful differences, we all need to keep our eye on the ultimate goal: Making sure the next President of the United State's is a Republican!

9/22: Toured Twin County Dairy in Kalona, Iowa.

It's places like this that show the greatness of America. This factory started back in 1946 by a small group of Amish and Mennonite farmers. Take a look around you, and see how much their hard work has payed off! America has became the nation it is today, not through government regulation, like liberals would want you to believe, but rather through the entrepreneurial spirit of the American people.

Under the failed leadership of President Obama, many Americans have began losing hope that they may ever reach the American dream. I'm in this race for my children, because I believe that with the way our President is taking this nation, our children will not have the future we deserve. As Governor Mitt Romney stressed in the 2012 cycle, it is our moral duty that we do not spend more than we take in. I'll bring that belief back to the White House!

9/23: Attended Town hall in Roland, Iowa.

Something we lest not forget, though, is how our nation is represented internationally. We can't have another apologetic President, and at the same time, we can't have an overly aggressive, blunt President. America needs a President will will restore our national image, not make us the laughingstock of the world.

9/24: Held a campaign rally in Charleston, South Carolina.

It's great to be down in the great state of South Carolina! Thank you all for coming out today, as we march forward on our fight to take back the White House! Barack Obama, simply put, has failed America. Our national image is tarnished, and our future is unclear. America deserves a leader that will once again make us the hope of the Earth, a place where ANYONE can be successful. Our President has veered us away from that place. I intend to bring us back to that place.

9/25: Attended a private Meet and Greet in the home of Joshua Crawford.

South Carolina is pivotal to our strategy - we're not writing off any states. We intend to play to win in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, of course, and South Carolina. Looking at each state, I believe if we play to our advantages, we have a shot in all four.

Look, Republicans are looking for a leader who actually has results to run on, and I have that. Additionally, we have to look at electability - which of these candidates can not only represent solid, conservative values, but can also defeat the Democrats in November? I defeated the Reid machine in Nevada back in 2010. I know what it takes to win tough elections. As a Latino, I also firmly believe our party must not ignore the growing Latino community. I won the Latino vote in 2014, and as the GOP nominee, I will fight hard to win over Latino voters.

9/26: Held rally in Concord, New Hampshire.

Wow! What a crowd! Thank you all for coming out today - New Hampshire plays a crucial role in this primary process, being the first primary in the nation! I can promise you this - The Sandoval campaign will not dismiss New Hampshire. We will play to win here, just like we will play to win Iowa, Nevada, South Carolina, and all remaining states! America is looking for a leader who has executive experience and has done their job well - they're not looking for another community organizer. My message is simple: As Governor of Nevada, we turned Nevada back on track. Just take a look at my record as Governor. As your President, I will do the same thing to America as I did to Nevada.

9/27: Interview with Sean Hannity on FOX News.

Americans are fed up with the way things are being run in Washington. Republicans are looking for an outsider, someone who's not closely knit with the GOP establishment. Not only that, though, but they're looking for someone who can defeat the Democratic nominee in November. I firmly believe that, when you compare me to the other candidates, I am the best person to represent this party in November...and win.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »

Allen West rally in Boca Raton

"One of the problems the nation, especially Florida, faces is illegal immigration. We need a President who will solve this problem. Unfortunately, not everyone in our party is as willing to face the problem as I am. A certain Senator wrote in his book, and I quote, “I don't want people who had no say over their journey in life, when they were so young, they had no say over it, to find themselves trapped without opportunity or education. I don't think that's right".

Now, I read that book, and I found most of it to be extremely interesting, especially on Infrastructure and Energy. However, we cannot solve any of these problems if it is not American workers building these projects. We cannot have a nominee who has the same position as the current administration leading the charge to retake the White House.

(OOC: I dont mean to be negative, but I know Allen West well, living in his district. This is what he would say, nearly word to word Wink)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »

Ryan Campaign
September 21 - Meeting with veterans in Concord, NH
September 22 - Speech in the New Hampshire State University
September 23 - Townhall in Columbia and Charleston
September 24 - Rally in North Charleston
September 25 - Rally in Marion
September 26 - Townhall in Tallahassee, then Miami
September 27 - Fundraiser in Tampa
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »

Schedule: 9/21- 9/27

21: Rally in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Waterloo, IA, Spagetti Dinner in Waterloo, IA
22: Townhall in Sioux City, IA, Rally in Manchester, NH, Appearance on NBC Nightly News
23: Rally in Myrtel Beach, SC, Appearance on O'Reilly Factor, Townhall in Greenville, SC
24: Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA, Townhall in Fairfields, IA
25: Appearance on The Early Show, Rest Day in New Jersey
26: Rally in Hudson, NH, Townhall in Dover, NH, Townhall in Epping, NH
27: Appearance on This Week, Townhall in Portsmouth, NH, Rally in Exeter, NH

Christie in Portsmouth, NH
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2012, 05:04:14 PM »

Reporter: So, Governor O'Malley, will you support Obama's cap-and-trade bill?
O'Malley: Yes. These people opposing it don't know what they're talking about. How would you like it to be fried alive, get killed by a natural disaster, drown, or even freeze to death?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »

Governor Newsom

9/21: Rally in Dover, NH. Meeting with local Newspapers and Local TV
9/22: Fundraiser in Boston, MA. Appearance on the Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
9/23: Townhall at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. Townhall in Sioux City
9/24: Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
9/25: Walked around the city for a general meet and greet. Rest day in Des Moines.
9/26: Townhall at Iowa State University, AMes, IA.
9/27: Townhall at University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA. Interview with local TV in Cedar Falls

Governor Newsom in Des Moines.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

Chuck Hagel Interview- O'Reilly Factor

O'Reilly- "Senator Hagel you have made a point in this campaign to point out the fact that many of our elected leaders nowadays haven't served in the military. You served in the Army. You were a Sergeant and you served in Vietnam. Can you explain to the American people why that is so important?

Hagel- "Bill- wind the clocks back about 40 years. The vast majority of Congress had served in the military in World War I, World War II or Korea. Go back to 88, you had WWII heroes George Bush and Bob Dole duking it out, you had Bob Kerrey, a Medal of Honor winner I served with as a fellow Nebraska Senator, against Paul Simon, a Korea vet. Now, the only other person running for President aside from me who is a veteran is Allen West, some one that I have great respect for. None of the other candidates have served their country in the military. Hell- we all know Christie could never pass a PFT. But it is a crisis of leadersip when the majority of those seeking to beour Commander-in-Chief haven't been in uniform, haven't sacrificed the way veterans have.  It is a sad indicator of the state of our politics."
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 09:58:27 PM by Reaganites for Newt »

Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush (R) Announces Presidential Run In Downtown Orlando

September 27, 2015

Thank you, everyone. Thank You.

Our nation is turning a new corner in her history. She faces stagflation. She faces a loss quality in her children's education. She faces grave danger in the form of world conflict. She faces a loss of that one word that has drawn people from around the world to her shores: opportunity.

Behind me, overlooking Lake Ivanhoe, is a replica of the Statue of Liberty. Liberty not only means simply freedom, but also opportunity. Opportunity to work hard, and improve the quality of life for you and your children. The opportunity to make choices in how to best educate your child, which in turn provides your child with more opportunities for his life.

This is what I pledge to you today: I pledge to preserve your opportunities to make a life for your elves and your families. Together, we can get this done. That's why I am asking your support for my candidacy for President of the United States.

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2012, 10:22:26 PM »

Allen West releases a statement on Governor Bush entering the race.

"I believe Senator Rubio, Governor Bush, and myself are a testament to what Florida offers to the nation"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2012, 10:26:06 PM »

Speaking with reporters outside a Holiday Inn in Ceder Rapids, Iowa, Governor Brian Sandoval comments on Jeb Bush's entrance to the race.

Well, obviously, I welcome him to the race. Jeb Bush is a great man, no doubt, and I wish him the best in this race. Florida's certainly going to be an uphill battle now, with Bush, Rubio, and West all hailing from the state, but as I've said from the start, we will contest Florida along with every other state in this nation.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 10:30:34 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 11:34:07 PM by sirnick »

This is going to be my cut off for this "week." I'll have a update sometime tomorrow but continue doing as you guys have been doing Cheesy

September 29 - October 5, 2015 starts now
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »

Chuck Hagel on This Week 9/29

Stephanopolous- "Senator Hagel, you have been critical of the political system in general but your attacks on Governor Christie have been particularly notable- can you explain what problem you have with the Governor?"

Hagel- "George, I have no issue with Governor Christie personally but he is simply  not suited for the job of President of the United States. Besides his questionable health, the man has serious flaws in his leadership style. Being brash, uncompromising, profane, and loud might work in New Jersey- it doesn't work when you're our chief diplomat to the world. We don't need a President Tony Soprano. We need to move beyond these characitures of themselves and find someone who moves beyond our discourse. People say a statesman is a politician who has been dead for 15 years... I am working to be a statesman today because that is what the American people need and deserve."
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 03:01:44 AM by mondale84 »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Sept. 21 - Sept. 27, 2015)

Monday, September 21st

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Lou's Restaurant, Hanover, NH
    10:30 AM Speech on "Academic Opportunities and Obligations of College" at Dartmouth College - Hanover, NH

"Never forget that education - higher education - is a privilege that you have all been incredibly fortunate in enjoying. With your education comes edification and a great responsibility to share what you learn. After all, what you learn in not a decoration, a fancy decoration you can hang on your wall or wear on your chest, it is an asset that you carry with you for the rest of your life and that can make you a better person and can make your country a better place. Fundamentally, use your education to LEAD THE FUTURE!

1:00 PM Tour of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory - Hanover, NH
    2:30 PM Rally at Public Library - Lebanon, NH
    4:30 PM Rally at Newport Opera House - Newport, NH

"What a great opera house you have here in Newport! I hear it's the largest stage north of Boston! (audience cheers)This is the kind of enterprise I talk about when I so often refer to "Leading the Future." When the old town hall and courthouse burned down here in 1885, the great citizens of Newport overachieved: not only did they rebuild both buildings, but turned this town into the talk of the state. Imagine what we could do in this country if we could rekindle this kind of Newport spirit around the country and fix our deteriorating roads and bridges, inter our power-lines, and renew our sources of energy!" (audience roars)

6:00 Meet and Greet and informal Q&A on rebuilding infrastructure - Cornish-Windsor Covered Bridge - Cornish, NH
    7:30 Interview on "Hardball with Chris Matthews" - via video-stream, Claremont, NH

MATTHEWS: Senator, you have been a lion in the Senate when it comes to defending the interests of the middle class. The Republicans don't like this and they are going to attack you for "class warfare", being a big-government liberal, and for being pro-amnesty. They've already done it. How are your going to respond?

GILLIBRAND: Chris, I think that the Republican attack machine is the dirtiest and sleaziest we have ever seen in American politics because it has descended to inventing facts when the true ones aren't to their liking. Take what Governor Christie said last Monday in Durham as an example. He attacked my friend and fellow New Yorker Andrew Cuomo for being "a run of the mill liberal, big government fan" who would perpetuate the "failed" policies of the past eight years. Governor Christie is the last man in this race who should be criticizing anyone for failed leadership. He quit as governor after one term because the people of New Jersey were dying to give him the boot after he raided the state budget and made middle-class families pay the cost. Governor Cuomo took a more balanced approach and ensured that his state remained solvent without resorting to the draconian policies pursued by Republican governors across the industrial heartland of this nation.

This is a great example of Republican politicians lying about the record of accomplishments we have made as a country over the past eight years because they have a non-existent record at the national level - being the party of "NO" - and at the state level have one that they proceed to run away from as soon as possible. How would I deal with their distortions? I would show the American people this hypocrisy and contrast the record of middle class destruction with my record as a champion of the middle class. As my party's nominee, I will not let Republican politicians get away with the distortions that they articulate in the national press day-in and day-out!

MATTHEWS: You seem like you're itching for a fight!

GILLIBRAND: I am because this country is itching for a fight! The people of this country have never settled for the status-quo and we're going to ensure that the principles which make this country great can live on and endure. The Dream Act, Cap-and-Trade, and the rebuilding of American infrastructure are going to be merely tools in the arsenal of the American people who are themselves going to LEAD THE FUTURE - as they always have!

Tuesday, September 22nd

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting on renewable energy - Town Square, Claremont, NH
    11:00 AM Speech on "Possibilities of the Dream Act" at Keene State College (followed by voter registration drive) - Keene, NH

"How many among you have friends or classmates who are undocumented? Don't be shy... (many people raise their hands) This is why I have made passage of the Dream Act one of my top priorities during my tenure in the Senate. Your friends and classmates are - like you - simply trying to get an education so that they may partake in the American Dream. The education you all receive at colleges such as Keene State is what will enable this country to prosper into this century and beyond. It simply doesn't make sense that we should limit their access to education and later refuse them jobs simply because of their parent's mistakes. We should grant them citizenship so that we can ensure that the best and the brightes remain in this country and can contribute to its prosperity!

1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Elm City Restaurant and Brewery, Keene, NH
    2:30 PM Meet and Greet - Public Library, Jaffrey, NH[/li][/list]
    4:30 PM Rally - Centennial Park, Milford, NH

"The Gillibrand administration will not rest until each and everyone of our friends, neighbors, and fellow citizens is able to take advantage of the opportunities that this great country offers. We aren't talking about equality of results, we are talking about EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY. The playing field should be level as much as is possible and we need to make sure that people are playing by the rules. So I re-iterate my staunch support for comprehensive financial regulatory overhaul, the Dream Act, and renewable energy and my opposition to any more bailouts! I think it's time that the AMERICAN PEOPLE get a bailout! Don't you! (wild cheers) We need to make sure that our shot at the American Dream isn't held up: by either bureaucracy or moneyed interests. Let's take charge of this great country once again and LEAD THE FUTURE!"[/i]

6:00 Dinner and Meet and Greet - The Red Arrow restaurant, Milford, NH
    8:00 Interviews with WCVB-TV channel 5, W29AT channel 29, and WHDH-TV channel 7 - Manchester, NH
    9:30 Fundraising Dinner - Richard's Bistro, Manchester, NH

Wednesday, September 23rd

9:00 AM Grand Opening of National Campaign Headquarters - Washington Heights, NY, NY
    12:30 PM Fundraising Lunch with members of the business community - Le Cirque restaurant, NY, NY
    2:00 PM Meeting with members of the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network - GLSEN National Headquarters, NY, NY
    8:00 PM PT Major fundraising dinner with top donors - Home of Rob and Anna Hawken McKay, San Francisco, CA

Thursday, September 24th

9:00 AM Major rally at Pershing Square - Los Angeles, CA

"Today we are here to declare that we will not allow the American Dream to slowly wither away and die. WE, the People demand the rights with which we have been endowed by birth and will not suffer others to be deprived of them. We want an America that will continue to lead in the twenty-first century - not just economically, not just militarily, but as the free nation that we have always professed to be! We will LEAD THE FUTURE and continue on the path set forth by our great founders!"

12:00 PM Lunch meeting with members of the Tech Community - Santa Monica, CA
    1:30 PM Fundraising lunch with major donors at the home of Jeffrey and Marilyn Katzenberg - Los Angeles, CA
    7:00 PM Fundraising dinner with major donors at the home of John and Patricia Courtney - St. Petersburg, FL

Friday, September 25th

10:00 AM Grand opening of Florida campaign office - Orlando, FL
    1:30 PM Town Hall meeting on renewable energy and technology at Seabreeze High School - Daytona Beach, FL

"In order to remain competitive going forward, we must invest as a country in the most cutting-edge research so that America will continue to be at the forefront of new technologies and new markets - like American Green Energy and American Nanotechnology. That's why I'm calling for a complete overhaul of our nation's power grid so that the electric cars of the present and the future will be a boon to our renewable energy resources rather than being a drag on our electric infrastructure. We need to focus on clean and renewable forms of AMERICAN energy because we will - and must - LEAD THE FUTURE. In so doing, we will continue the economic progress that we have made and emerge stronger as a nation than we have ever been before."

5:00 PM Rally at Finlay Park - Columbia, SC
    7:00 PM Dinner with drill sergeant recruits at Fort Jackson - Columbia, SC

Saturday, September 26th

10:00 AM Speech on "Sustainable Energy: A Path Forward" - Roper Mountain Science Center, Greenville, SC
    1:30 PM Fundraising lunch - Poogan's Porch, Charleston, SC
    3:00 PM Rally at White Point Gardens - Charleston, SC

"All of us here come from different origins and different walks of life. We profess different faiths and don't always share the same views, but we are here today because we want to honor the legacy of the Founders who fought and suffered to make America a free and democratic society. Their America is under threat. Across this great land millions of people continue to live in the shadows and fall between the cracks of society. Today we say that this shall not stand! We will lead our destiny once again!".

4:30 Tour of Columbus Street Terminal of the Port of Charleston - Charleston, SC
    7:00 Fundraising dinner and performance with major Southern donors - Cypress restaurant - Charleston, SC

Sunday, September 27th

9:00 AM Appearance on "Meet the Press" - Washington, D.C.
    12:00 PM Mass of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception - Washington, D.C.
    Spamage
    spamage
    United States

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »

Rubio after Bush enters: I am excited to have a new face in the race, I feel the more the merrier because this will be a healthy process in determining who will be the nominee that will lead our party to victory against the Democrats. Obviously I'm supporting myself but this race is for the American people to decide. I hope to win their support in every state. I know this may make Florida harder to win but I am not competing for just a few states but all 50 and the participating territories such as Puerto Rico.
    Snowstalker Mk. II
    Snowstalker
    Atlas Star
    Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
    E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
    « Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »

"As president, I plan to continue the progress made by this administration. As Senator, I have been first in line to endorse efforts to protect the middle class. My administration will stand against efforts to crush labor or to help the well-to-do at the expense of working families. After what we have succeeded in doing, we cannot turn back to the policies which created this mess."

-McCaskill at a Des Moines rally.
    Vote UKIP!
    MasterSanders
    United States

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 11:49:43 PM »
    « Edited: January 29, 2012, 11:58:54 PM by Reaganites for Newt »

Too lazy to list specific locations.

Jeb Bush "Americans for Opportunity" Tour

Sunday, September 29

Des Moines, Iowa
    Ames, Iowa
    Webster City, Iowa

Monday, September 30

Fort Dodge, Iowa
    Rockwell City, Iowa
    Moville, Iowa
    Sioux City, Iowa

Tuesday, October 1

Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Wednesday, October 2

Ottumwa, Iowa
    Fairfield, Iowa
    Mt. Pleasant, Iowa

Thursday, October 3

Butlington, Iowa
    Davenport, Iowa
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Friday, October 4

Manchester, New Hampshire
    Concord, New Hampshire

Saturday, October 5

Penacock, New Hampshire
    Franklin, New Hampshire
    Bristol, New Hampshire

sentinel
    sirnick
    YaBB God
    United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2012, 11:57:38 PM »

When you post please put your candidate's name at the top of the post if it isn't obvious...just makes it easier for me Smiley
    Vote UKIP!
    MasterSanders
    United States

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2012, 12:00:16 AM »

When you post please put your candidate's name at the top of the post if it isn't obvious...just makes it easier for me Smiley

Sorry. I'm typing all of this on a tablet. Smiley
    Spamage
    spamage
    United States

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2012, 12:16:01 AM »
    « Edited: January 30, 2012, 12:26:16 AM by spamage »

Marco Rubio 9/29-10/5
    9/29 New Mexico/ Oregon
         Speech in Santa Fe
         Speech in Portland
         Townhall in Hillsborro

9/30 Florida
        Meet and Greet in Tallahassee
        Townhall in Key West
        Speech in Ft. Lauderdale
        Fundraiser at home

10/1 South Carolina
        Meet and Greet in Aiken
        Rally in North Columbia
        Visit to Senior Care Facility
        Appearance on Laura Ingraham's radio show

10/2 Iowa
        Rally in Sioux City
        Speech in Des Moines
        Rally in Cedar Rapids
        Appearance on Hannity

10/3 Iowa/ New Hampshire
        Meet and Greet in Davenport
        Meets Voters in Dixville Notch
        Dinner at Concord
        Speech in Concord

10/4 Rest Day

10/5 Appears on Meet the Press

Quotes : One day I attended a rally like this one in Florida. While I was speaking I noticed a young pregnant woman glaring up at me while I spoke about Abortion. I didn't think much of it until she later approcahed me when I decided to take a walk. She screamed at me and told me I had intimidated people like her on Abortion for years. After yelling she sat down and began crying. I gently invited her into my office and gave her several phone numbers of other women I knew who had decided against abortion. Several months later she returned with a new baby boy. She told me that with the help of those women she avoided what she said could've been the worst choice of her life.

I have been asked by several civilians why I am campaigning in states like New Mexico, Arizona, and California and I have told them that I want to encourage all of my supporters everywhere so they will get motivated and that I view every state of equal importance whether its Florida or Wyoming I dont want anyone to feel unimportant and left out of one of our nation's most important processes
    Pingvin
    Pingvin99
    « Reply #69 on: January 30, 2012, 02:01:30 AM »

Paul Ryan Campaign
    September 29 - Appearance on "Meet the Press"
    September 30 - Rally in Penacock, New Hampshire
    October 1 - Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire
    October 2 - Townhalls in Concord, New Hampshire and Bristol, New Hampshire
    October 3 - Speech in Santa Fe, New Mexico
    October 4 - Appearance on Rush Limbaugh Show
    October 5 - Appearance on "Huckabee"

morgieb
    Junior Chimp
    Australia

Political Matrix
    E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »

Martin O'Malley - 9/29 to 10/5.

September 29: Appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor" and "The Daily Show".
    September 30: Rally in Manchester, NH.
    October 1: Rally in Des Moines, IA.
    October 2: Townhalls in Sioux City, IA and Council Bluffs, IA.
    October 3: Rest day.
    October 4: Book signing.
    October 5: Fundraiser in Charleston, SC.
    NHI
    Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2012, 06:43:18 AM »
    « Edited: January 30, 2012, 12:51:48 PM by NHI »

Christie Campaign Schedule: 9/29 - 10/5

29: Appearance on Hannity.
    30: Townhall in Concord, NH, Townhall in Berlin, NH
    1:   Townhall in Salem, NH, Rally in Machester, NH
    2:   Townhall in Des Moines, IA, Appearance on AC360
    3:   Rest Day
    4:   Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA, Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA
    5:   Appearance on Meet The Press

Christie on Bush's Entrance into the race:
    "The more the merrier, the water's fine. I will say I don't think we should be looking to the past for our party going forward. This is about the future, not past legacies."

sentinel
    sirnick
    YaBB God
    United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 11:52:40 AM »

Polling:

National:

Republican Nomination:

Christie: 13%
    Ryan: 12%
    Bush: 12%
    Huntsman: 10%
    Rubio: 9%
    Paul 8%
    Sandoval: 7%
    West: 7%

Pundits: The entrance of Governor Bush into the race eats away at some of Congressman West's base of support. Chris Christie has a high favorabiliy rating in the Republican party but voters seem to be exploring other possibilities. Senator Paul has also begun to dip in the polls as Sandoval expands his support.

Democrats:

O'Malley: 19%
    Cuomo: 19%
    Emanuel: 16%
    Newsom: 15%
    Gillibrand: 15%
    MacCaskill: 8%
    Klobuchar: 3%

Pundits: O'Malley and Cuomo maintain their leads as the frontrunners while the other candidates try to define themselves more. Newsom has stayed relatively consistent with his place while Gillibrand seems to be picking up speed.

First New Hampshire Poll:

Republicans:

Christie: 22%
    Huntsman: 15%
    Bush: 13%
    Rubio: 10%
    Ryan: 8%
    Paul: 8%
    Sandoval: 3%
    West: 2%

Democrats:

Cuomo: 21%
    Newsom: 15%
    O'Malley: 12%
    Emanuel: 10%
    Gillibrand: 8%
    MacCaskill: 4%
    Klobuchar: 2%

Narrative:

President Obama's cap and trade bill will come up to vote in the Senate next week as Senate Majority leader Harry Reid has pledged to bring it up. Eric Cantor, House Majority Leader, says that the vote will fail in the House and he'll be happy to bring it up.

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia passes away of complications from pneumonia. President Obama is expected to announce a replacement for him within the next two weeks. A fierce conformation battle is expected in the 52-48 Senate since this nomination will give the majority on the Supreme Court back to the liberal side.

NHI
    Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2012, 12:54:57 PM »

Christie on Cap and Trade:

"This type of nonsense occurred back in New Jersey and it didn't work and it most certainly won't work on a national level. Now, I guess if the goal is to drive business away and send them into other countries like China, then sure let's pass Cap and Trade, and then see where all the jobs are!"
    tmthforu94
    Atlas Star
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #74 on: January 30, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »

Governor Brain Sandoval's Campaign Schedule: September 29th, 30th

9/29: Campaign Rally in Davenport, Iowa
    Momentum is on our side! Every day, more and more voters see our campaign, and they like what we present, as our support has doubled in the past few weeks. More and more Iowans are believing in our message and they are ready to elect a President who will work for them, not Washington lobbyists.

I can promise you this - no candidate in this race will fight as hard, work as hard as I will to convince Iowans that I am their guy. Expect to see my face a lot in the coming months - looking on past strategies, specifically the Santorum strategy of 2012, I know the way to win Iowa isn't to buy it, rather, to invest time in it and show committment. I'm prepared to do that.

9/30: Spoke to High School Students at Ames High School in Ames, Iowa.

It's great to be here - so many great names have walked through these halls, played in this gym.  Fred Hoiberg up at Iowa State...man, could he shoot the three! Or how about Harrison Barnes, if I could have his success at politics as he's had in basketball, I'll be President in no time!

You folks in Iowa have an opportunity to let your voices be heard, having the first in the nation caucus. You, the youth of our generation, should be more involved than ever - your future is at stake. Our national debt is spiraling otu of control; our education system is falling further behind. This nation cannot afford four more years of this failed leadership. I urge you all, do your part in this election, whether it's holding signs or knocking on doors. Thank you! God Bless
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16  
    « previous next »
    Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies