Bunning NOT running for reelection (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:49:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bunning NOT running for reelection (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bunning NOT running for reelection  (Read 4111 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« on: July 28, 2009, 04:16:43 PM »

Yeah, "Safe R" is probably an exaggeration. Republicans will to still have to fight and devote attention/resources to the race in order to hold the seat, but I still wouldn't bet much on a takeover. I am disappointed we won't get any crazy Bunning antics though.  The man brought a teleprompter to a debate in 2004. Who knows what he'd do with 6 more years of senility.

So would you agree to "Likely R" or "Lean R"?

I'm in the "Lean R" camp, myself. Jack Conway isn't Barack Obama and 2010 won't be 2006, but it won't be 2004, either.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:52:29 AM »

Considering Bunning nearly lost to a nobody in a great Republican year last time, hiding his dementia until October, it would have been at least Likely D. He was not Strom Thurmond.

I say Lean R for now. Grayson is a strong candidate for the Rs and certainly the best they could have come up with, but he's not a superstar, and Conway is at least as strong for the Ds. So it comes down to the state's lean and the presumption Grayson runs a competent campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies