What would the 1992 Presidential Election map look like without Ross Perot? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:59:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  What would the 1992 Presidential Election map look like without Ross Perot? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would the 1992 Presidential Election map look like without Ross Perot?  (Read 2549 times)
mencken
« on: April 10, 2017, 07:59:29 AM »

Based on my cursory analysis of randomly selected counties (I lack the will to go through all ~3,000 at once and observe the trend), I would estimate that between 5-20% of Perot's voters voted for Dukakis in the prior election (and thus would likely have voted for Clinton), 20-30% of Perot's voters voted for Bush in the prior election (and thus would likely have voted for Bush), and 50-70% sat out the prior election (and likely would have sat this one out too). His absence would likely have been sufficient to flip New Hampshire, Ohio, Montana, and Nevada to Bush. New Jersey, Georgia, and Colorado are a bit more difficult to say (Perot's effect was more ambiguous in the South and large urban centers)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies