Did GOP primary voters DeSantis and Ramaswamy seen as "discount Trumps"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:19:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Did GOP primary voters DeSantis and Ramaswamy seen as "discount Trumps"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ^
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Did GOP primary voters DeSantis and Ramaswamy seen as "discount Trumps"?  (Read 183 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2024, 08:43:03 PM »

?
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 11:08:13 PM »

Vivek, yes: this was discussed copiously during the actual primary season and I'm surprised you had to ask.

Ron, no: there were low-level but persistent tiffs between the pair during the primaries and, before he pulled out, some MAGA Republicans were so aggrieved with his persistence that they took it as read that he would endorse Joe Biden.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 02:41:23 AM »

Ramaswamy was an excellent candidate and I didn't see him as a knockoff in any way. His policies are arguably better than Trump, and if he didn't drop out it would have been a tough decision. I still would have voted Trump because he is one of my favorite presidents of all time, and I've already vowed to vote for him as long as he seeks the Presidency, but that isn't anything against Ramaswamy at all.

I'm fine with DeSantis but I just don't see him as the heir to MAGA the same way Ramaswamy is. 
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 06:22:55 AM »

I doubt that the average primary vote thought about Vivek and DeSantis much at all
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 10:48:12 AM »

Up until the very end, DeSantis support was correlated with college attainment and heavy weighting of "electability" criteria among GOP voters.  Interestingly DeSantis pulled about equally among "very conservative" and "somewhat conservative/moderate" Republicans, suggesting that his support wasn't isolated to an ideological faction of the party*

*This wasn't true of Haley, who did much better among "moderate" Republicans than she did anyone else.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies