WA: Gregoire Has 63% Approval Rating, According to Non-Partisan Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:09:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA: Gregoire Has 63% Approval Rating, According to Non-Partisan Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA: Gregoire Has 63% Approval Rating, According to Non-Partisan Poll  (Read 4904 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: November 01, 2007, 09:06:53 PM »

Haha, well I don't know how accurate university polls are, but 2008 is going to be a great year for Washington State. Dino will be crushed once and for all, and the legislature will become one of the most Democratic in the nation. Smiley

I do hope so, though I think that Gregoire could royally screw up her re-election bid.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:17:44 PM »

Unrelated:  Gregoire is coming to my high school on Monday!  I'm going to try to ask her about voting registration reform.  I'll effectively ensure that 2/3rds of my neighbors won't like me, in the unlikely event that I'm called on.  Hooray!

registration reform?
I dont see any problems with voter registration...
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 12:16:04 AM »

More good news for Gregoire -- Governing Magazine named her 1 of 9 "Public Officials of The Year" and put her on the cover.

http://www.governing.com/poy/2007/index.htm

Gov Mag Gregoire Bio:  http://www.governing.com/poy/2007/gregoire.htm

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The only thing I see as at all being wrong is that she is "warm and open", her reputation is definately not as such, though personally I think she has done a great job as governor (better than Locke at least who didn't seem to get anything done.)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:44:29 PM »

The only thing I see as at all being wrong is that she is "warm and open", her reputation is definately not as such, though personally I think she has done a great job as governor (better than Locke at least who didn't seem to get anything done.)
You're right that that's her reputation, but I've met her several times and the article's accurate. She's very friendly and caring and is probably one of the nicest people I've ever met. I once saw her walking through the Capitol and while passing a school group she stopped to talk to them and then made sure to sign something and talk to every kid. Apparently that's typical behavior, drives her staff nuts.

One of my parents works for her, she is definately not what I would call "warm". Though that is not to say I dont think she has done a great job as Governor, she has definately been able to get things done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies