The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:06:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 36478 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: April 01, 2019, 05:04:37 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad "Results" in CA, VA, NC, MI, OH, and ME

"Washington is known for gridlock, partisanship, and a glacial operating speed. What we need is a President that understands how to beat back this ineffectiveness, someone with a proven track record of results, someone like Lisa Murkowski."

"Lisa Murkowski has helped cosponsor legislation to allow consumers to have transparency with prescription drug prices, expanding infrastructure for Alzheimer's treatment, and modernizing our energy and resource policies. She has worked to end the gridlock by cosponsoring legislation that provides results, not based on what party bosses tell her."

"Lisa Murkowski has spent her career listening to the concerns of her constituents, working to fight for the rights of the individual over the party politics of Washington."

"I'm Lisa Murkowski, and I approve this message, because Americans deserve a better, results driven Washington."

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #551 on: April 01, 2019, 05:28:14 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Remarks at GOP Women's Event in Irvine, CA

"Something I'm really grateful for is that the support for our campaign has really quieted the argument that the GOP somehow isn't a party supportive of women. In the Senate, I've worked to extend the deadline for the ERA, fought for reform to the way the military handles sexual assault, and expanded benefits to spouses of veterans. We are the party of Margaret Chase Smith, in fact, my friend, Susan Collins, sits at her very desk. We know that women don't vote on their gender, we vote on results and solutions to our problems. That's what this campaign has been all about, tried and true results to problems facing this country, protecting the rights of the individual, and maintaining economic growth through low regulation and taxes."
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #552 on: April 01, 2019, 06:39:44 PM »

Rick Santorum Campaign Schedule

March 1: Rallies in: Houston, TX
                             Dallas, TX
                             Waco, TX

March 2: Rallies in: Birmingham, AL
                             Montgomery, AL
                             Norfolk, VA

March 3: Rallies in: Nashville, TN
                             Charlotte, NC
                             Oklahoma City, OK

Election Night Watch Party in Corpus Christi, TX

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #553 on: April 01, 2019, 06:52:32 PM »

ALEX SINK AIRS AD, "AFFORDABLE" IN ALL SUPER TUESDAY STATES, RHODE ISLAND, ARKANSAS, ARIZONA, UTAH, OREGON, SOUTH DAKOTA, AND OKLAHOMA

Alex: Imagine being able to pay for your child's college, without having to work an extra job.

Imagine what it would be like, to be able to spend your money not on College Tuition, but to pay for Life-Saving Medicines that you need.

Imagine being able to take Maternity Leave, instead of working to pay for College Tuition costs.

Imagine being able to go to College, and not worry if your parents would be able to pay their Mortgage, or Car Payment.

Lastly, imagine being able to focus on achieving your dream, instead of paying for Student Loans, something you won't ever be able to pay off.

Don't imagine, vote.

I'm Governor Alex Sink and I approve this message.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #554 on: April 01, 2019, 06:53:43 PM »

Lisa Murkowski GOTV Strategy

On top of the coordinated efforts of her surrogates around the country, Lisa Murkowski herself participated in the GOTV efforts on Super Tuesday. Lisa Murkowski spent her time canvassing Orange County, California, targeting suburban voters on her record of results, alongside a low taxation policy and energy independence. The Senator met with voters, spoke at a GOP Women's event, and rallied volunteers on the campaign trail. As the polls closed, Murkowski attended a watch party in Anaheim, awaiting the results from Super Tuesday.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #555 on: April 01, 2019, 07:09:34 PM »

Re-Run of Ad, states listen below

ALEX SINK AD, "IN IT FOR AMERICA" AIRED IN ALL SUPER TUESDAY STATES, ARKANSAS, ARIZONA, RHODE ISLAND, OKLAHOMA, COLORADO, AND NEW MEXICO

Veterans fight for America, they fight for their families, and for their future. Veterans deserve a Healthcare System, and a Veteran's Affairs Department that works for them. As Governor I signed Veteran's Choice, allowing Veterans to receive the best care possible, and the best doctor possible. I'm in it for Veterans.

Farmers all across America ensure that our society and country have food. That we can put food on the table for our families. That we can make sure that we don't go hungry. Farmers are the grassroots of the reason America is so great, and they deserve to have enough for their family to. As Governor of Florida, I signed the bill allowing Ethanol Year Round, creating jobs, and boosting the economy. I'll do that nationwide, because I'm in it for Farmers.

Students throughout our country attend great colleges, are extremely educated, and will go on to have great jobs. Yet, they won't ever be able to pay off their Student Loans. They'll be paying off something, they won't ever be able to pay off. That is unacceptable, and I took action. As Governor I made Florida a Tuition-Free State, and I'll make that a policy nationwide. I'm in for the Students, throughout America.

Families across America have to deal with High Medical Bills, they have to deal with the fact that they may not be able to pay off their Medical Bills. I as Governor, said, "The people of Florida deserve to spend money on their family, not on a broken leg." So, I took action, I made Florida a state that guarantees Medicare for All. America needs this same policy, and I've got the guts to do it, because I'm in it for American Families.

I'm Alex Sink, and well, as you can see, I'm in it for you.

I'm Alex Sink and I approve this message.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #556 on: April 01, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »

NBC News Interview with Governor Alex Sink
March 1, 2020

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt with NBC News, here at WRC headquarters in the nation's capital with Governor Alex Sink of Florida, who's hoping to make history as the first female President of the United States. Alex, how are you tonight?

Sink: I'm doing well, Lester. It's been quite the exciting day. I just got done with a parade in Alexandria, and it was really an eye-opener.

Holt: I'm sure it was, Governor. Now then: despite the naysayers, you did it. You won Nevada. With Kerry and Brown having won two states apiece, however, what’s your strategy from here?

Sink: Well, I first want to thank you for having me on the show. Going into Nevada, they said we were going to get dead last. They said that we weren't going to win a single county in the state. We proved them wrong. Our Political Revolution inspired thousands of Nevadans, and we took that message to the polls. Although we've suffered losses we're ready to take our momentum and win Super Tuesday. Our strategy is to fight for the American People, and take all that spirit, and all that energy, and win. That is how we win, for America.

Holt: A strong statement from a woman who's come far on it. And speaking of female presidential candidates, in an interview shortly before Iowa, Senator Murkowski described the Democratic primary as a “race to the left.” Do you believe you’re putting yourselves in danger of losing centrists if you continue along this path?

Sink: Senator Murkowski and the rest of the Republican Group running first need to look at their own party. Their own President has ruined this economy, and ruined this country. I am running to fix that, and we are going to once we get to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I don't believe that supporting an Affordable American for our Students, for Supporting a Healthcare System that works for the People, and an America that supports our Families. I would say that wouldn't make me a person that's "Racing to the Left." It would make me a candidate that has the interest of the American People in mind.

Holt: A candidate who has a plan for when she's in the White House. And speaking of that time, we’ve asked just about everyone, yourself included, what their first 100 days will be like. What are some of your more long-term goals?

Sink: Well, first we're going to introduce Veterans' Choice, and finally get our Veterans the Healthcare that they Deserve. We're going to legalize Year-Round Ethanol and secure the Economy for Our Farmers. We're going to implement Medicare for All, and have a Healthcare System that wants you to keep living, not die off to lower the cost for insurance companies. And finally, we are once and for all going to make sure that every Student in America can go to College, for free. That is what the first 100 days are going to be like, and that is how we're going to get America Back on Track.

Holt: Sounds like a plan. Finally, Governor, if you win the nomination, how would you rank your opponents in the general election, from weakest to strongest?

Sink: Well, I definitely hope that we can win this primary and bring this energy to the DNC and eventually to the White House. If I had to pick my weakest opponent, I would have to say that it would be Representative Amash. Although, he is a respectable man, I don't think he has the interest of the people in mind. Then, probably Senator Santorum. Although, I've met with him, and we've had discussions, I believe that our message of an America that Works will resonate much better with the American People. Then I would have to say Governor Scott. Then Senator Murkowski.

Holt: Governor Sink, thank you so much for being on tonight, and good luck tomorrow in Richmond.

Sink: Thanks, Lester, and thanks for having me on tonight.

Holt: And this has been Lester Holt, reporting out of Washington ahead of the massive Super Tuesday primaries and caucuses, the largest single night in the primary race. I hope you'll join Chuck Todd and I on Tuesday to dive in to the results as they come in, when NBC News takes on Election Night in America.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #557 on: April 02, 2019, 02:15:45 PM »

Phil Scott Ad #11: Not in Washington

To air in California, Wyoming Oklahoma, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida

Phil Scott Narrating: I don't spend my time in the congressional cloakroom. I'm out here on Thunder Road.

I've been racing since I was a kid, I've been on the track on Thunder Road for years.

(Zoooooom)

Phil Scott: When I wasn't on the track, I was building my small business. And then as governor, cutting taxes and bringing politicians together to get stuff done for you.

Phil Scott: As President, I'll cut taxes for every American, and hold politicians and Wall Street accountable. I'd be honored to have your support.

"I'm Phil Scott, I approve this message cause I haven't been in Washington, I've been out here with you."

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #558 on: April 02, 2019, 03:24:25 PM »

AMASH AD: CHANGE

I'm Representative Justin Amash, you may know me for shaking up the Republican Primaries with my recent victories in ND and NV. I've broken a lot of barriers. I'd be the first Representative to move to become President since President Arthur. In the House, I've become a voice for the people's individual rights. After I vote on legislation you'll find my reasoning as to why I voted for or against these proposals.

I've actually strived to break ground in my campaign, and when I become President I will fight for every American's rights as I do in the House, after decades of our leadership being beholden to special interests, I've been fighting back. How's that for change?

Brought to you by Justin Amash, empowering people, not government

To air in TN, TX, NC, VA, CA, OK and WY

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #559 on: April 02, 2019, 09:25:49 PM »

Re-Air of ad in the states listed below

ALEX SINK AD, "HISTORY" AIRED IN ALL SUPER TUESDAY STATES, COLORADO, RHODE ISLAND, OREGON, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, ARKANSAS, OKLAHOMA, MINNESOTA, MAINE, UTAH, NEW MEXICO, AND KENTUCKY

I was a young girl at Wake Forest College. I was the first woman in my family to attend college. The first woman from my family to protest against injustice.

I was 25, and was protesting against Sexism in the South, and throughout America. I was spat on, and attacked by people on the other side of the argument.

I taught hundreds of students, in one room, in Liberia. Seeing their situation and what they had to live with inspired me to take action, for me, and my family.

I was 15 when I met the love of my life. I had to watch as he left me, and us behind, to go fight in a foreign country. I never wanted someone else to experience what I had to go through, so I took action and ran for Political Office.

I served as CFO of the state of Florida. I worked with the Governor to lower taxes, and fight for Floridians.

After that, I ran for Governor, and won. I lowered taxes, instituted new programs to work for Floridians, and fought for everyone in our state, no matter the political party.

I'm not afraid to stand up to Sherrod Brown and John Kerry. I'm not backing down, and neither should you. We're going to get to work for everyone, no matter their uprising.

So, let's make history. Let's finally elect a President that will get straight to work, for you.

Let's break this glass ceiling America, and let's do it, together.

I'm Governor Alex Sink and I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #560 on: April 02, 2019, 10:07:38 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2019, 10:33:32 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Schedule.

March 1st. The morning after the South Carolina primary, Sherrod Brown takes a flight to Birmingham, Alabama. During the flight, Brown holds a conference call with top advisers and campaign staff to discuss "beginning a new phase of the campaign," where the delegate totals and vote margins "really begin to take hold." When he arrives, Brown holds an early morning press conference, where he announced a 24-hour, online fundraising money-bomb, announcing a goal of $9,000,000, emphasizing the necessity to "send a message to Wall Street; we don't need their cash" and "shatter records and go into Super Tuesday strong." After the press conference, Senator Brown met with social media organizers to coordinate and manage a vigorous media campaign, focusing on the issues of a $15 minimum wage, money in politics, and wall street reform, urging voters to donate "$15 for a $15 minimum wage" among several other slogans.

Following the announcement, the Brown Campaign held a rally in Birmingham with Congressman John Lewis, using it as a platform to lay out policies to end mass incarceration and raise wages, and lamented Alabama lawmakers for "blatant gerrymandering and voter suppression" to "shift the game in their favor," promising to "ensure accurate representation for African-Americans." Joined by Congressman John Lewis, he emphasized Brown's "commitment to civil rights" and blasted John Kerry for "being out-of-touch" with Alabama's African-American community, pointing to his vote for "so-called welfare reform" and "disastrous mandatory minimums," which, Lewis said, "has disenfranchised and burdened so many impoverished families and communities."

Brown, then, catches a flight to Alaska to hold a late campaign rally in Anchorage, where he's joined by Governor Jay Inslee. At the rally, Sherrod pitched his plans to expand rural broadband and heavily invest in rural infrastructure to strengthen local markets and Alaska's fishing industry. Governor Inslee conveyed Brown's plan to "conserve our national treasures" with strong protections for forests and rivers "because it's the only planet we've got," touting Brown's work in the Senate to protect the great lakes.

March 2nd. Senator Brown catches an early flight to San Francisco from Anchorage. During the flight, Brown took to social media to announce totals from yesterday's money-bomb fundraising haul and promised to use some of it to "get out the vote nationwide." On arrival, Sherrod Brown meets up with Senator Feinstein to make a campaign appearance, attended by press, where Senator Brown slammed Alex Sink for refusing to support marriage equality in 2010, instead "only supporting the half measure of civil unions." Dianne Feinstein commented that "we don't need just a switch in party of the President, we need a President who will reliably fight for LGBT individuals," touting Brown's vote against DOMA, and urging voters to "back a candidate who's ready to take an independent stand to protect LGBT people, regardless of what the media tells him what's practical." During the appearance, Brown also called to pass the Equality Act and federally recognize Pride Month.

After the appearance, the Brown Campaign held two rallies in San Francisco and Los Angeles, where he was joined by Kevin De Leon and Barbara Boxer. At the rally, Brown pledged that he would be "beholden to no corporation" as President and thanking small donors for "keeping the campaign afloat" while being "the only campaign to reject Wall Street's campaign cash," and urging voters to "stick it to special interests" in the primary tomorrow. Hammering on a $15 minimum wage, Senator Brown promised to "fight like hell for workers of all origin, race or creed" to ensure "everyone working 40 hours a week is paid a livable wage." His surrogates laid out Brown's immigration reform policy to "ensure all working families have access to a path to citizenship" while "cracking down on corporations who abuse undocumented immigrants." The main theme of the night was "creating a political revolution and revitalizing American democracy."

As the sun began to set, Senator Brown made time for a sit-down interview on MSNBC, using it to make a final impression on watchers. Asked about the central message of his campaign, Sherrod Brown claimed that it was about "the working family in San Francisco or Los Angeles who makes it paycheck to paycheck," saying that "this movement is about fighting for the people who make this country work, working families" pitching his plans to raise wages. Following the interview, Senator Brown, then, met with top campaign staff and advisers to coordinate an extensive social media and grassroots GOTV campaign across every Super Tuesday state, making calls with top surrogates and state directors in each of the Super Tuesday states to discuss GOTV plans.

March 3rd. Connie Schultz flew in from Wyoming, where she had been stumping on Brown's behalf, in the morning to join Senator Brown in delivering a pep talk to campaign volunteers, stressing the "critical nature" of a "massive upset" in the California primary, while reminding volunteers that the campaign "is about taking this country back for the middle class" and "ending the hold of Wall Street over our economy and democracy." Afterwards, Senator Brown and Connie Schultz traversed the state of California by traveling to several major cities in California to hold several GOTV speeches, asking voters to "send a message to big money interests," that "we want a living minimum wage; we want paid leave; we want wall street reform; we want money out of politics."

As the evening encroached, the Brown Campaign sent a mass reminder to voters through social media and other forms of communication to vote and, if you are in line, you are required to be allowed to vote. Senator Brown, along with Connie Schultz, drove to a venue to watch Super Tuesday results come in with campaign staff and top campaign officials. Once the results for every Super Tuesday state became clear, Sherrod Brown drove to the election night rally in Los Angeles to address supporters.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #561 on: April 02, 2019, 10:09:55 PM »

Sherrod Brown Unveils Major California Endorsements

Senator Dianne Feinstein

"Senator Brown has been a strong, unapologetic ally of social progressivism throughout his entire career, ranging from a 100% pro-choice rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America, to being one of the few to vote against the so-called Defense of Marriage Act in 1990s, and being a long-standing advocate for common-sense gun control measures to end gun violence. I've found in him a practical, successful legislator in the Senate while being able to take an independent stand for women and LGBT rights. As a colleague of him who has worked with him since he arrived in the Senate in 2006, I trust him to take that fight to the White House and represent California's progressive values."

State Senator Kevin De Leon

"Let me join my former opponent, Senator Feinstein, whom I have many disagreements with, in endorsing Senator Sherrod Brown for President of the United States. His campaign has shown a commitment to comprehensive immigration reform that allows the American dream to be accessed by all of us who dream of it. I am glad to embrace a movement that puts issues such as $15 minimum wage, single-payer healthcare, wall street reform, and campaign finance reform at the forefront to unleash an era of economic and racial justice where hard-working families benefit the most. Sherrod Brown's progressive vision and record speaks for itself; he is the only candidate who rejects Wall Street money and is ready to fight like hell for all of us."

Senator Barbara Boxer

"During my time in the Senate, Sherrod Brown was one of my closest friends and allies in Congress, next to my friend Dianne who has also joined me in endorsing Senator Brown. Sherrod Brown's time in the Senate has been apart of his never-ending fight for working people, whether it be being among the few to vote against the Iraq War, leading the fight against job-killing trade agreements, or being one of the staunchest allies of organized labor. We need a president who embodies those bold, progressive values; I'm certain the people of California understand that too."

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #562 on: April 03, 2019, 10:29:05 AM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad “Business As Usual” in CA, TX, VA, NC, OK, TN, ME, and KS

“America is known as the land of opportunity, a place where your economic destiny isn’t designated at birth. It’s a place where business thrives and there’s plenty of success to go around.”

“That’s why my plan includes not only a tax cut for both the middle class and small business, but an audit of our regulations to ensure they working without harming our opportunity for prosperity. That’s what every American deserves.”

“I’m Lisa Murkowski and I support this message because Americans deserve more than business as usual, we deserve prosperity and opportunity.”
adamevans
United States

« Reply #563 on: April 03, 2019, 12:18:43 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Stompa.

"People, working every night and day"

"Never give yourself no time"

"Got too many bills to pay"

"Slow down, nothing's gonna disappear"

"If you give yourself some room, to move to the music you hear"

"Gotta get up"

"Listen to me"

"Clappa your hands"

"Stompa your feet"

"Stompa your feet"

"I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message"

Aired in California, Wyoming, Alaska, Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, Vermont, Kansas, Michigan, Ohio, and Louisiana
adamevans
United States

« Reply #564 on: April 03, 2019, 01:04:36 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Dignity.

- ad opens with various clips of big banks, corporate executives -

Sherrod Brown: For the past 40 years, Wall Street has been allowed to crash the economy and cause massive financial panic; big business has been allowed to crush the dignity in labor and cause an unprecedented period of wage stagnation; big pharmaceutical companies have been allowed to rip off consumers by jacking up prices and fueling an opioid epidemic at the cost of our communities. And even worse, politicians have continued to be bought out by these same companies and do the bidding of their donors at the cost of all of us.

Sherrod Brown: I'm Sherrod Brown. For the past 30 years, I've rejected Wall Street's money and I've led the fight in Congress for workers over corporate executives. My campaign is powered by small donors; people like you who are tired of Wall Street's ripping off of the American worker.

- scene shifts to various clips of Brown alongside workers -

Sherrod Brown: My plan:

Rein in Wall St. Power & Close Tax Loopholes

Tackle Big Money's Influence in Politics

Provide Workers with Living Wages & Paid Family Leave

Create Millions of Jobs by Reinvesting in Crucial Infrastructure

- scene shifts back to Brown talking to camera -

Because we can't restore the dignity in all work until we have a President who works for all of us, not just Wall Street.

I'm Sherrod Brown and I approve this message.

Aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, California, North Dakota, and Nevada

Reaired in all Super Tuesday states + Louisiana, Kansas, Michigan, Hawaii, Ohio
adamevans
United States

« Reply #565 on: April 03, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Respect. Equality.

- ad opens with various scenes of pride parades, lgbt couples talking to camera -

"It's about respect."

"It's about equality."

"It's about having the freedom to love or marry who you want."

- scene cuts to Sherrod Brown in Congress -

"Sherrod Brown knew that."

"He understood that."

"That's why he stood up for us in Congress and voted against attempts to ban same-sex marriage."

"Because our dignity came before him."

"But Alex Sink, she didn't"

"When push came to shove in 2010, she didn't back marriage equality."

"I don't think we can have a nominee who doesn't have the track record of fighting for our community like Senator Brown does."

- scene cuts back to lgbt couples talking to camera -

"Because we need a President who we know will fight for the LGBT community and progressive values."

"Alex Sink didn't then, how can we trust her now?"

- scene cuts to Sherrod Brown for President logo and legal information -

VO: I'm Sherrod Brown and I approve this message

Aired in California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, and New York
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #566 on: April 03, 2019, 02:21:02 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
March 2, 2020

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt, and we have breaking news.

Holt: Venezuelan Opposition Leader Juan Guaido has been sworn in as the President of Venezuela as incumbent President Nicolas Maduro has fled to neighboring Brazil.

Jair Bolsonaro, the President of Brazil, who rose to prominence on a populist platform he says was inspired by right-wing agitator Donald Trump, has stated the following on the issue:

Quote from: Jair Bolsonaro
We have taken the deposed Maduro into custody, and will gladly, at the request of President Guaido, return him to Venezuela for proper trial. We are glad to see the people of Venezuela righting this great wrong, and stand in support of the new Guaido regime.

Holt: President Romney, meanwhile, voiced his support of the new President, while Senator Bernie Sanders decried the "forcible removal of a legitimately elected President," something that has drawn significant criticism from the senator's detractors, as they cite the likely voting irregularities in the election that granted Maduro a second term. It is uncertain at this time how events will proceed, but, for now, Guaido appears to have finally won the more than year-long conflict between his backers and those of Maduro. That will be all for now. I've been Lester Holt, and this has been your NBC news update.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #567 on: April 03, 2019, 02:41:02 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
March 2, 2020

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt, and we have breaking news.

Holt: Venezuelan Opposition Leader Juan Guaido has been sworn in as the President of Venezuela as incumbent President Nicolas Maduro has fled to neighboring Brazil.

Jair Bolsonaro, the President of Brazil, who rose to prominence on a populist platform he says was inspired by right-wing agitator Donald Trump, has stated the following on the issue:

Quote from: Jair Bolsonaro
We have taken the deposed Maduro into custody, and will gladly, at the request of President Guaido, return him to Venezuela for proper trial. We are glad to see the people of Venezuela righting this great wrong, and stand in support of the new Guaido regime.

Holt: President Romney, meanwhile, voiced his support of the new President, while Senator Bernie Sanders decried the "forcible removal of a legitimately elected President," something that has drawn significant criticism from the senator's detractors, as they cite the likely voting irregularities in the election that granted Maduro a second term. It is uncertain at this time how events will proceed, but, for now, Guaido appears to have finally won the more than year-long conflict between his backers and those of Maduro. That will be all for now. I've been Lester Holt, and this has been your NBC news update.

AMASH CAMPAIGN STATEMENT ON VENEZUELAN SITUATION

We are happy that the people of Venezuela have a leader dedicated to preserving their rights rather than stomping on them. We hope the Venezuelans may find peace in prosperity in their new Government.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #568 on: April 03, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »

Phil Scott Campaign Statement

The removal of Nicolas Maduro, a petty tyrant in power from rigging elections is a good thing for the people of Venezuela and for South America. We hope that President Maduro will undergo a fair trial for his crimes against the people. Governor Scott believes the best path forward is for free and fair elections to be held as soon as possible, and return freedom, democracy, and dignity to the people of Venezuela without further chaos or bloodshed.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #569 on: April 03, 2019, 04:22:34 PM »

Election Night 2020
with your hosts, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyuAH0RWV4s&list=PL-fWJBYKsR_41IOcwGYpBDqw_H-o1c84q

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt.

Todd: And I'm Chuck Todd.

Holt: And we're here to bring you the results of the Super Tuesday primaries and caucuses, the largest single-night group of them during the entire season.

Todd: We do, indeed, Lester, and this is going to work a bit different than how our friends at Fox News, Tucker and Megyn, ran their primary coverage, since we've got a few more to cover per night.

Holt: That's right, Chuck. We'll be reporting states in by poll closing, and announcing winners as soon as we can make a call. Final results will be listed at the end of the night.

Todd: Hold on to your hats, folks, for the Super Tuesday edition of Election Night in America!
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #570 on: April 03, 2019, 04:29:40 PM »

RICK SANTORUM GOTV EFFORTS

At his rallies in Houston, Waco, and Dallas, Rick appeared alongside Governor Abbot, Senator Cruz, and Representative Crenshaw. They each spoke about Rick's committal to American ideals, and how he will work to protect Constitutional rights, grow the economy, pursue American energy, and strengthen the border.

Rick also visited campaign offices, met volunteers, made phone calls, and met voters at several polling places.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #571 on: April 03, 2019, 04:37:15 PM »

Election Night 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyuAH0RWV4s&list=PL-fWJBYKsR_41IOcwGYpBDqw_H-o1c84q

Holt: And we're back, as it's now 7 PM in the east, and we can already make a projection.

PHIL SCOTT WINS THE VERMONT REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Holt: An unsurprising victory for the Governor of Vermont, but still an important one for his campaign.

Todd: Indeed it is. Both races in Virginia and the Democratic race in Vermont are both still too close to call. Stay tuned.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #572 on: April 03, 2019, 04:44:40 PM »

Election Night 2020

Holt: And we're back, as it's now 7:30 PM in the east.

Todd: We are, indeed, although no one can yet claim victory in either race in North Carolina.

Holt: No, they can't. A lot of candidates putting a lot of effort into this state, but still much too close, in any case.

Todd: Indeed it is. Both races in Virginia and the Democratic race in Vermont are both still too close to call, as North Carolina joins them. Stay tuned.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #573 on: April 03, 2019, 04:57:50 PM »

Phil Scott Tweet Posted

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #574 on: April 03, 2019, 04:59:35 PM »

Election Night 2020

Holt: And we're back, as it's now 8 PM in the east, and we can now make several projections.

PHIL SCOTT WINS THE MASSACHUSETTS REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

JUSTIN AMASH WINS THE OKLAHOMA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Holt: And this one is a bit of a surprise. We expected this state to keep us out a bit longer.

JUSTIN AMASH WINS THE TENNESSEE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

JOHN KERRY WINS THE MASSACHUSETTS DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

SHERROD BROWN WINS THE OKLAHOMA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Holt: All other races are too close at this time.

Todd: Indeed they are. Many races now too close to call. Stay tuned.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies