Are you disgusted by the movie "Act of Valor"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:17:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Are you disgusted by the movie "Act of Valor"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you disgusted by the movie "Act of Valor"?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Are you disgusted by the movie "Act of Valor"?  (Read 1250 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 26, 2012, 01:57:46 PM »

BRTD gets disgusted easier than a blue haired WASP from Iowa lost in the Castro District.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 07:04:55 PM »

Yeah, I don't know why the marketers think I'm in the wheel house for Project X....I can't seem to escape commercials for the amazingly stupid looking movie.  It looks like somebody took the worst parts of the Hangover (of which they were many) and Superbad, had a first year film student write a script and then filmed it with a handheld at the youngest producer involved in the films house.  There aren't even any "jokes" in the trailers...isn't it supposed to be funny?  At least Jack and Jill gave us a (weak) joke or two when they overloaded us with advertisement.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:28:03 PM »

They must have spent $30 million in advertising....<checks>....meh..can't find anything.  $12 mil to make it....I'd be shocked if they didn't double that in marketing.

(oddly enough, I did see that Act of Valor was purchased from a low end studio for $13 mil and then they (the buyers) went and spent $20-30 mil in marketing for it and I bet I've seen 10 commercials for Project X for every 1 I've seen for Act of Valor.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies