Trump destroys CNN in new tweet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:08:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump destroys CNN in new tweet (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump destroys CNN in new tweet  (Read 5629 times)
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« on: July 02, 2017, 11:15:39 AM »

Just another steppingstone to the inevitable Will Hurd presidency.
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 12:37:41 PM »

I really don't think the tweet breaks any new ground for Trump. It's childish and kinda crass, but, well, so were the last 50. Nor does it break any new ground for Atlas Forum; the reactions are exactly the same as they've been in the past. I am curious about one thing, however...

Just another steppingstone to the inevitable Will Hurd presidency.

How does this possibly logically follow?

It doesn't. It's a joke. I like Will Hurd.
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »

Greatest tweet in presidential history.

Congratulations. You have forfeited what little more Authority you had for your arguments in join the club of Absolut doofuses like Ghost Monkey. Welcome to your new internet Club of losers to a once at least semi-respectable poster.

I'm sure Pope Francis would be very proud.

Oh come on. The tweet is a joke, but the far bigger joke are the  histrionic cries that this is somehow "violence-inciting" or beneath the president or an attack against freedom of the press. Politics has become one big joke in this country, and we've made it that way. When I laugh at Trump, I'm also laughing at myself and you and all of us. We deserve all of this; the least I can do is find it entertaining.

No. Some of us don't take the jackassed view that our politics--and thus our government structure, and thus our country and its future--is such a joke that you might as well sit back and laugh.

OF COURSE this is beneath the presidency! It doesn't take "histrionics" to object to Trump's utter buffoon-like behavior, just simply not being a dunce.

Don't cower behind "gee, the system's so messed up I might as well laugh at the president being a literal clown" to waive off your support of it.

You and your ilk readily and even fervently seek a series of policy goals so adamantly, you're absolutely willing to write off the dignity of the POTUS, America's standing in the world, and any remaining notion of civility in political discourse to obtain said goals.

Kindly don't insult our intelligence by saying this is nothing more than a Faustian bargain where you have to support the idiocy of our current A$$hole is Chief in order to get the social conservative doctrine you long for in place, and if America's basic political contract is torn asunder in the process, you'll sign said contract every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Huge portions of these people don't care about any policy goals. They're driven by simpler, more instinctual things which Trump plays to.  

I love how the triggered liberals feign outage here.

The tweet was one of the best that President Trump has ever posted!

This pretty much sums up the modern conservative. It is all about trolling liberals, they don't really stand or believe in anything.

Basically this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies