OK- Soonerpoll R-primary: Cornett leads Lamb by 6 but with 39% undecided.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:18:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  OK- Soonerpoll R-primary: Cornett leads Lamb by 6 but with 39% undecided.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OK- Soonerpoll R-primary: Cornett leads Lamb by 6 but with 39% undecided.  (Read 815 times)
Soonerdem
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »

https://soonerpoll.com/cornett-leads-but-republican-gubernatorial-nomination-up-for-grabs/
1. Mick Cornett: 24%
2. Todd Lamb: 18%
3. Gary Richardson : 9%

Undecideds: 39

Interesting note: almost half of the 5th congressional district (ie okc) support Cornett compare to only 12% in the first district. IE tulsa
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:34:16 AM »

Cornett is the less crazy guy, right?
Soonerdem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:43:12 AM »

Yeah. He’s the mayor of Oklahoma City and is most famous for getting the Thunder to come to town and his dieting program for the city. He raised the cities sale tax for infustructure improvements though I think he is a pretty firm social conservative though he might have changed that recently.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 10:51:02 AM »

A state that has elected Jim Inhofe five times, and Tom Coburn and James Lankford twice doesn't have a problem with crazy.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »

Yeah. He’s the mayor of Oklahoma City and is most famous for getting the Thunder to come to town and his dieting program for the city. He raised the cities sale tax for infustructure improvements though I think he is a pretty firm social conservative though he might have changed that recently.

From what I glean he’s been an outstanding mayor for OKC, managing its growth and dramatically improving its infrastructure. That being said, I’m not sure how those skills translate to running a rural, hyperconservative state like Oklahoma
Soonerdem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 11:21:28 AM »

From what I glean he’s been an outstanding mayor for OKC, managing its growth and dramatically improving its infrastructure. That being said, I’m not sure how those skills translate to running a rural, hyperconservative state like Oklahoma

Yes he’s has been very good, the best mayor we have had in my lifetime and that’s why the tulsa results are so important. He is going to run it up in the OKC metro but Lamb will tap into that rural resentment further away from the city. Cornett needs to get the (by Oklahoma standards) moderate voters in Tulsa and the other small college towns not in the OKC metro. I ultimately think he will be able to do it but this poll isn’t that good for him.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 12:20:01 PM »

A state that has elected Jim Inhofe five times, and Tom Coburn and James Lankford twice doesn't have a problem with crazy.
Coburn isn’t crazy. He was close friends with the Obama’s while on Capitol Hill and Lankford is a great guy.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 12:37:05 PM »

Coburn isn’t crazy. He was close friends with the Obama’s while on Capitol Hill and Lankford is a great guy.

Coburn's comments on the lesbian takeover of rural OK weren't crazy? Alright then. I guess Lankford isn't crazy if you're also a religious extremist, but to the rest of us...
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 02:31:53 PM »

Lamb will win.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 05:20:03 PM »

Yes he’s has been very good, the best mayor we have had in my lifetime and that’s why the tulsa results are so important. He is going to run it up in the OKC metro but Lamb will tap into that rural resentment further away from the city. Cornett needs to get the (by Oklahoma standards) moderate voters in Tulsa and the other small college towns not in the OKC metro. I ultimately think he will be able to do it but this poll isn’t that good for him.

Thank you for the detailed local input and analysis!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 05:51:33 PM »

Coburn's comments on the lesbian takeover of rural OK weren't crazy? Alright then. I guess Lankford isn't crazy if you're also a religious extremist, but to the rest of us...

Inhofe was enough on his own to make the point anyway, lol.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies