The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:08:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90456 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2012, 12:55:45 PM »

Congrats to Western! I've met several from there, and they were all good people to me. Smiley

That's where I went. We're best known for our 12 time champion marching band (my family had a big role in that history)
That's how I met folks from Western - marching band. We were in Class D, but we were in the same competition with them several times. Always great shows!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »

What do you play? I marched trumpet all 4 years of high school. Did Baritone junior and senior year of concert and pep band.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »

I will be announcing my tax proposal in a speech at Ford Field sometime tonite.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2012, 03:32:26 PM »

What do you play? I marched trumpet all 4 years of high school. Did Baritone junior and senior year of concert and pep band.
I played bariton in marching band, only because we didn't march trombone.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 05:34:46 PM »

I played bariton in marching band, only because we didn't march trombone.

Why didn't your school march trombones?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 10:26:57 PM »

Ford Field, Detroit MI

It's so good to be here in the Motor City again (crowd cheers)

My hometown and this city share in a great Atlasian tradition called the automotive industry. Ever since Elwood Haynes took the first drive down what we call today Boulevard Rd we have all been looking to get where we need to go just a little faster than before. The biggest concern I see ahead for Detroit and the Mideast as a whole is the government keeping the economic engine from purrin' like a kitten. Cities like this one, Kokomo IN, Cleveland OH and others are still struggling while the government milks us out of finances, through egregiously high, personal and corporate income taxes to use for projects that individuals families and the regions themselves are best suited for. The big spenders in Nyman are wanting to put a tax burden on us that is unreasonable and hinders job growth. Many of you know of my opposition to an income based tax system. If we want tax reform we must prepare to offer an alternative plan that will benefit all in the long run. Under my tax plan corporations will only pay a 15 percent rate. As for individuals it would look like this until we get out of debt.

9,500-20,000 5%
20,001-100,000 10%
100,001-500,000 20%
500,001-5,000,000 30%
5,000,001+ 40 %

Gifts and prize winnings will not be taxed period.

The long term goal is to get to a uniform flat tax system that would be fair untill we can change from an income based system of taxation to one of consumption.

I know some may think that this would be extreme but the rates under Fmr. President Clinton hold some similarities to this plan.

In the 90's a regulation called the Glass-Steagall Act was repealed. This action, among others, led to the current financial crises. The repeal lead to taxpayers having to take one on the chin so failed bankers could get away with their godless ponzi schemes. I put my sword in the ground saying no more to any industry who thinks it has the right to receive government bailouts without consequence. That is why Glass-Steagall must be restored as law. One thing both Senator Ben and I would both lead on.

I am an avowed conservative in the mold of Grover Cleveland, Calvin Coolidge, and the Tafts of Ohio, not in the mold of the Bushes, Richard Nixon or Cheney and Rumsfeld. I am a fan of Ronald Reagan, Ike, JFK, Pierre DuPont IV, Walter Jones and yes Ron Paul, David Mcintoish, Mike Pence and Jackie Walorski. Both sides have borne the taint of militarism outside the tenants of the Christian Just War Doctrine. To President Polnut and the members of the senate, we don't want any part of the Syrian Civil War whatsoever. Get us out of there immediately.

I still see hope for the city of Detroit and all the industrial cities of the Mideast and Atlasia. Isn't it right that this is the home of the Detroit Lions. A team being a sign that this city is coming back from a seeming long death. If only my God, who isn't dead but roars as a lion, would be so merciful to my Chicago Cubs (crowd laughs as they see a JCL surrogate hand him a guitar.

I'd like to end our time together with something a little different. A song

Do you see it coming
A rumble in the streets
Freedom's song is rising
It's meeting no defeat......

Thank you and may God and Dave Bless you

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »

Hope to see you at the polls on your way to vote.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2012, 12:37:18 AM »

Best of luck, JCL. Smiley
I'd vote for you if I could!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2012, 12:45:22 AM »

Best of luck, JCL. Smiley
I'd vote for you if I could!

It's gonna be a close one. The left is gonna give it their all.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »

Good luck JCL Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2012, 12:58:25 AM »

And the same to you. Regardless of the outcome lets work together on putting an Atlasian Glass-Steagall in place.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2012, 01:00:04 AM »

And the same to you. Regardless of the outcome lets work together on putting an Atlasian Glass-Steagall in place.

It already is, actually Smiley  Senator Scott had put in such an inquiry already.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2012, 01:08:05 AM »

Good to hear.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2012, 01:24:26 AM »

Welcome to day 2 of voting. Don't forget to vote and if
you're a Mideast citizen the senate race is of vital importance.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2012, 09:07:51 AM »

Welcome to day 3 of voting. I'll be voting soon. Don't let the good ol boy network intimidate you to change your vote last minute.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2012, 11:43:28 AM »

Welcome to day 3 of voting. I'll be voting soon. Don't let the good ol boy network intimidate you to change your vote last minute.
Whut? Wink

Well, I am good, I'm male, and I'm old on this game. So do I qualify? Cheesy
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »

Whut? Wink

In a way yes. You've been part of the Atlasian political establishment for some time. I'm just some new kid trying to break the glass ceiling that said establishment has placed on the fast rising group of Atlasian conservatives.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2012, 06:48:07 PM »

Whut? Wink

In a way yes. You've been part of the Atlasian political establishment for some time. I'm just some new kid trying to break the glass ceiling that said establishment has placed on the fast rising group of Atlasian conservatives.

Trust me this game does not have a glass ceiling for newbies, those who are newbies are just as likely to get elected as anyone else and there is surely no establishment conspiracy to hold down the new people.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »

Whut? Wink

Trust me this game does not have a glass ceiling for newbies, those who are newbies are just as likely to get elected as anyone else and there is surely no establishment conspiracy to hold down the new people.

^This is entirely true. I myself became an IDS Legislator almost the day I joined; I'm not even eligible to be President now and I'm SoEA. Not really a glass ceiling.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »

Whut? Wink

^This is entirely true. I myself became an IDS Legislator almost the day I joined; I'm not even eligible to be President now and I'm SoEA. Not really a glass ceiling.

I'm not entirely convinced of that. I've seen mostly the same people in power on the national level and that has led to an alliance of comfort. When conservatives vote for a liberal when there is one much closer to them idealogically in a race out of mere friendship with the liberal it reeks of a good ol boy network in play.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2012, 09:24:20 PM »

Whut? Wink

I'm not entirely convinced of that. I've seen mostly the same people in power on the national level and that has led to an alliance of comfort. When conservatives vote for a liberal when there is one much closer to them idealogically in a race out of mere friendship with the liberal it reeks of a good ol boy network in play.
Has ZuWo gotten to you? Wink

For whatever it's worth, friendship has nothing to do with my vote for Napoleon. Ask anyone who was around a year ago and they'd vouch for me on that.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2012, 10:26:07 PM »

It has nothing to do with ZuWo.

I know you and Napoleon went around a time or two. I guess the landscape has changed to where you could come around to support him.

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »

One of the problems with this game is that as conservatives, we don't have the option of voting across party lines for our friends and still be able to be competitive because we have such a severe structural disadvantage. It's a shame sometimes, but unilateral disarmament doesn't work here any better than in real life.

One of the lessons the right needs to learn from today is that if we had kept the votes for the former RPPers together, Clarence would have been elected president. A few things happened today I don't really understand. We'll see what happens moving forward, but honestly this was the most dysfunctional showing of the Atlas right since I've joined the forum, and I don't want to blame Clarence. At least to me, he appears more a victim of the mess that is the right than the cause.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 12:50:57 AM »

One of the problems with this game is that as conservatives, we don't have the option of voting across party lines for our friends and still be able to be competitive because we have such a severe structural disadvantage. It's a shame sometimes, but unilateral disarmament doesn't work here any better than in real life.

One of the lessons the right needs to learn from today is that if we had kept the votes for the former RPPers together, Clarence would have been elected president. A few things happened today I don't really understand. We'll see what happens moving forward, but honestly this was the most dysfunctional showing of the Atlas right since I've joined the forum, and I don't want to blame Clarence. At least to me, he appears more a victim of the mess that is the right than the cause.

It cost both Clarence and I. It's also why I opposed the dissolution of the old parties. The question is where do we as the right go from here? I think we need to think more ambitiously if we plan to gain a national foothold or stronger. Will you help me cast such an ambitious vision?

At Indiana Whig HQ in Kokomo

It just came down to a 4 vote swing. The difference were individiuals whom I considered allies in the conservative cause, and very promininent civil servants at that, people I needed instead chose the safety of an incumbent when a bold vision of less taxes was brought to this table. I harbor no ill will towards Senator Ben or to my allies who chose him over me. He was respectful in the campaign when his surrogates were not. Accusing me of vicious lies saying I hate the GLBT community when I only oppose gay marriage and civil unions on grounds of religious conscience.

While tonite was a massive set back to the conservative movement all around, the left of Atlasia will not drive us into the sea or into the night. A resurgence is coming and they will know why we believe in Fiscal responsibility, faith, lower taxes, a humble foreign policy, and personal freedom within the bonds of traditional law order and morality. The people will someday see this. If you will join me, we can make the sun never set on Atlasian greatness.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2012, 01:04:59 AM »

I think that's a tad harsh, although you may not have meant it as such.  There is no conspiracy, I promise.  This was a close election, and crossover votes do happen - I should know, because I actively campaigned for these votes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies