So. What is this all about? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:14:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  So. What is this all about? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So. What is this all about?  (Read 1305 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: August 14, 2015, 08:47:34 AM »

It's worth noting that there's a party list system of elections where each person get's one vote. Assuming people will vote for their own parties, the political makeup of the parliament will end up reflecting the political makeup of registered voters who turnout to vote. So therefore, what's the point of having the elections Cheesy

There's plenty of unaffiliated voters.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:58:04 AM »

But for those who do not win a seat in parliament, what are they supposed to do, sit around in the visitors gallery and watch the debate?

Yup, sounds fun to me.

And why did the framers of this sim pick South America?  We all know the U.S. in depth, but I would venture to say few participants have much of a knowledge of South America, other than it is that big continent down south, and has a history of two bit dictators.

As Barnes said, we already have a US election sim. It's not in very good shape, but if you want to try introduce a parliamentary system there you should go ahead.

I don't understand your first complaint - how is that a problem? We're not going to add meaningless and low-activity regional governments. All they do in Atlasia is act as a boring stepping stone to higher office. Start a newspaper. Yell abuse from the gallery. Do some analysis. Become a lawyer once we've set up the courts. Try to get into Parliament next time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies