If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:48:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right?  (Read 5524 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: June 10, 2019, 03:43:19 PM »

Weren’t Millennials supposed to be Evangelical right wingers?
I do vaguely recall that talking point now. It was basically based on drawing trends from data points and assuming those trends would continue indefinitely.

Of course this fallacy shows up here a lot too.
Bush actually did win with young voters while loosing with old voters in 2000, but I suspect that’s because young voters feared Tipper and Lieberman, not because they liked Bush’s evangelicalism.

"Young voters" in 2000 didn't mean "Millennials" yet, and "old voters" in 2000 still included much of the Greatest Generation.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 12:17:48 AM »

I've been teaching undergrads for 3 years now, and while I try to avoid getting them to discuss things in an explicitly partisan framework, it's been pretty clear to me so far that the vast majority of them are either standard-issue liberal Democrats or moderates who are probably still figuring themselves out. I can't think of a single student who fits the stereotype of the alt-right Shapiro fanboy.

I've been working for a public school district for almost two years and, while there are a few alt-right troll types in the high school, they're vastly outnumbered and I get the exact same vibe from them that I got from my own "lol epic pedobear bacon longcat goatse" high school classmates in 2008, most of whom, a decade later, are generic late-Millennial progressives.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 03:58:35 PM »

Gen Z culture basically revolves around offending people constantly.

Ghastly and pathetic if true.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 04:09:04 PM »

I know it isn't.

and you all should just be smart and put Grassr00ts on ignore already. He's a useless and unconstructive troll.

I'm actually having a lot of fun responding to this sort of bullsh**t. If I stop having fun then I'll put him on ignore.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies