Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:46:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 307059 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »

Just writing this because there's been some reports of a severe thunderstorm near where I live.  If I'm unavailable for the next couple days or so, it is because we've lost power.

Thinking positively, though...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 06:29:28 PM »

Another storm came...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »

Sorry about that.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 01:43:16 PM »

In regards to the National University bill proposed by Senators Sbane/Scott: Given that currently the only federal universities are West Point and Annapolis (as well as Air Force Academy, Coast Guard Academy, Merchant Marine Academy, University of Health Sciences, NDU, etc), would it be feasible to make the universities specified in the bill to be specifically schools of political science, law, international relations, economics, that kinda thing, to serve the same purpose as the others, training our youth to join the civilian government sphere?

Well, I wouldn't have a problem with covering those studies with funds from the bill, but I'm not in favor of restricting funds to schools that only specialize in those fields.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »

In regards to the National University bill proposed by Senators Sbane/Scott: Given that currently the only federal universities are West Point and Annapolis (as well as Air Force Academy, Coast Guard Academy, Merchant Marine Academy, University of Health Sciences, NDU, etc), would it be feasible to make the universities specified in the bill to be specifically schools of political science, law, international relations, economics, that kinda thing, to serve the same purpose as the others, training our youth to join the civilian government sphere?

Well, I wouldn't have a problem with covering those studies with funds from the bill, but I'm not in favor of restricting funds to schools that only specialize in those fields.

Then what is the point of setting up a national university system if not to train students for government work?

The purpose of it is to train students for work in general.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 02:37:04 PM »

Then what is the point of setting up a national university system if not to train students for government work?

The purpose of it is to train students for work in general.

Why not just send funding to the regions for their already existing colleges?

The bill's purpose is to provide funding for new universities in economically distressed areas, but I don't see a problem with that idea, either.

Sbane, Napoleon- your input, please?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 12:14:37 AM »

Would anyone happen to know if minor gun safety laws are constitutional in Atlasia?  I'm not sure to what extent the 5th Amendment of Article VI of the Constitution forbids gun laws.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 12:24:51 AM »

Would anyone happen to know if minor gun safety laws are constitutional in Atlasia?  I'm not sure to what extent the 5th Amendment of Article VI of the Constitution forbids gun laws.

Have we implemented any gun control legislation nationally, at all?

I'm not sure.  I don't think guns have come up since I joined the game last year.  Looking back at the wiki, I believe the Northeast Region passed some type of gun law a few years ago, but I'm honestly not sure if it was even legal given how broad the Fifth Amendment seems to be.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 12:50:27 AM »

Would anybody know?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »

What would the senators think of selecting committee members during the lame-duck sessions so as to prevent last month's disaster from happening again? Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 01:43:24 PM »

I would also like to present this resolution that was recently passed by the Northeast Assembly:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Attorney General has already resigned, but I felt this should be brought to the Senate for everyone's attention.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »

Does anyone know if there's a 'Violence Against Women Act'-esque piece of legislation on the books in Atlasia?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »

Does anyone know if there's a 'Violence Against Women Act'-esque piece of legislation on the books in Atlasia?

(And frankly, I don't know if it would pass.)

In this Senate?  Why not? Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »

Are farm subsidies primarily distributed by the federal government or by the regional governments?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »

Wow, he hasn't been on in weeks.  I'd hate to see a good Secretary have to be replaced...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »

More important question, in case anybody knows; do the individual states in Atlasia have their own governments, or do only regional governments have complete control of their states?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2013, 11:13:28 PM »

I have a question on the ratification decentralization amendment. At first I read it as a regional legislature had to choose one method.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I took it as choosing one option and sticking to it for every amendment. It could also be the legislature chooses one option every time an amendment comes up depending on the topic. (the first time they choose legilsature vote, second time public vote, third time public vote, fourth legislature vote). That could slow the processus of ratification if the legislature makes a choice every time there is an amendment or if the legislature is inactive.

Is it correct the regional legislatures can choose the method of ratification case by case or can make a formal choice of method if they wish.

I was also wondering if the regions have total control on determining the requirements for passage, like simple majority or a super majority, or even rules like a majority of voters registered by the three main parties in the region. 

I didn't sponsor the amendment, but I think your interpretation is correct.  Regions should have full autonomy on the ratification process, whether it's case by case or standardized for all amendment votes.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2013, 02:49:30 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 02:54:14 PM by Governor Scott »

Does anybody know if Atlasia has established an official retirement plan for seniors, or is that already covered by the Social Security Act, the basics of which I assume resemble the real life version's?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2013, 11:00:49 AM by Governor Scott »

Thanks, Napoleon.

Another question (which I tried asking Snowguy, but his thread hasn't been updated since early March, so I doubt he'll see it...): What percentage of rural communities in Atlasia are without modern electricity sources?  Nothing on the wiki seems to indicate that we have a TVA or something like that.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2013, 11:19:23 AM »

Hmm... it might be a good idea to pass a law limiting one bill to a post in the Introduction thread.  I'm sure you all know what I mean...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »

Hmm... it might be a good idea to pass a law limiting one bill to a post in the Introduction thread.  I'm sure you all know what I mean...

Why? It would only take up more space.

It isn't fair to other senators' bills.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies