Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:18:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24964 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2019, 02:12:29 PM »

Also come to think about it I wonder if we should censor Deadprez or not, kinda like fhtagn back on the day. Maybe not for now but in the future?

Not like it actually does anything.
Attention and time better spent here instead of as well as writing up pure trash sensible bills in the legislatures.

FTFY Wink
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2019, 02:29:41 PM »

Also come to think about it I wonder if we should censor Deadprez or not, kinda like fhtagn back on the day. Maybe not for now but in the future?

Quite a brutal appraisal of your time in the House, but I appreciate the honesty
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2019, 07:04:07 PM »

Quite a brutal appraisal of your time in the House, but I appreciate the honesty

Pretty sure I've contributed more overall in the House than you have the Senate. But the failed attempt you made there is cute Smiley
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2019, 07:19:14 PM »

Pretty sure I've contributed more overall in the House than you have the Senate. But the failed attempt you made there is cute Smiley

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2019, 08:21:37 AM »

Statement on the Southern Referendum

To all the workers of the South and anyone to whom it may concern:

This weekend there will be a referendum on a new Bill of Rights for the South. The ACLO endorses a no vote on this referendum. The reasons for that are:

1: Section 2 infringes on the rights of unions and other organizations to make speeches and adresses. Let's quote directly:

The Southern Chamber of Delegates shall make no law prohibiting, regulating, or limiting the freedom of individual speech, press, peacefully assembling and protesting, or petitioning the Southern Government of Atlasia for a redress of grievances if and only if a person, community, or institution, is not inflicting direct harm onto a citizen of Atlasia. Additionally, a peaceful strike or demonstration by private southern citizens shall not be hindered by the Southern Government.

From that section, it seems that while the freedom of individual speech is still protected, collective speech, as expressed in tons of aspects of Atlasia like petitions or even this very own statement will not be protected! Needless to say, this is unacceptable, and is the most important reason for this organization to endorse a No vote.

2: Section 1 seems to ban affirmative action and other similar programs. To quote directly:

All persons are by nature born equal, free, and independent and have inherent rights of which they cannot be deprived of by other persons, institutions, or the law. No person shall be forcefully hindered from possessing or maintaining property. No person shall be deprived of their life or liberty. All persons shall be treated equally under the law regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, economic status, sexual orientation, disability, or other extraneous differences between individuals. No law shall give groups, communities, or institutions privileges over other individuals. All persons shall be treated as individuals under the law.

This ties the Southern government's hands to treat problems affecting collective groups of people as a collective problem. You can't combat the discrimination and issues that many marginalized groups face if you must treat each person individually. This includes the poor masses of the South. Under an extreme reading of the amendment, rich people would get the same rights to economic aid and other government programs than those who actually depend on them.

Mind you, this does not mean that the ACLO is against equal rights. On the contrary, I personally pushed for an equal rights amendment in the Atlasian Senate reciently on my capacity as a Senator. But this is not the way to push for equality of rights. I would also like to add that regardless of your opinion on affirmative action, even if you want to ban it, the place to do so is not the constitution but rather done by statute (like Lincoln did).

There are plenty of other reasons to oppose this constitutional amendment as well, like the fact that it allows for discrimination if it is done under the pretense of religion or the controversial gun section, but neither affects workers directly (especially not the gun part) so I won't cover them.

Either way, the ACLO can only hope that the modifications to the Southern Bill of Rights are soundly defeated.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2019, 03:40:17 PM »

I wish a good Labor Day to the hard working members of the A.C.L.O. They deserve a good day's rest.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2019, 08:37:00 AM »

Happy Labour day
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2019, 08:57:52 AM »

Happy Labor Day!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2019, 09:09:44 AM »

I thank the salutations, but I would like to remind all bodies listening that the true Labor Day is May Day.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2019, 10:04:34 AM »

I thank the salutations, but I would like to remind all bodies listening that the true Labor Day is May Day.

In Europe, it's indeed May Day. In Belgium we celebrate it on May, the 1st.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2019, 11:26:40 AM »

Statement from the ACLO's press secretary

Good afternoon everyone!

Today on this great day for all the workers of Atlasia I have a very important announcement to make. First of all, I would like to look back on my tenure as Press Secretary. During this period we implemented a controversial grading system and while it was by no means perfect, it has probably helped the workers of Atlasia know who stands up for them in Congress and their regional legislatures.

We have also conducted several internal referendums, done our first censure vote and essencially faced off countless attacks from the forces representing moneyed interests. Overall I think my tenure as Press Secretary has been mostly positive.

However it is time to pass this to the next person and to keep growing this organization and make it an even stronger one. I have been Press Secretary for almost 3 months now (since June). That is plenty of time to serve in office. There are no regular elections for the leadership positions of this organization to my knowledge.

So that is why I am tendering my resignation as Press Secretary of the ACLO, effective tonight at midnight East Atlasia Summer Time (EST, summer time?). I want someone else to take this organization's second highest office, so that we have more people involved in it and thus we can have a stronger and bigger organization. It has never been my intention to remain in leadership forever, and I want to have everyone who wants it (and can command a majority of the union's leadership) to get a try at running things as well.

Thank you very much and happy Labor day!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2019, 12:13:48 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2019, 12:21:55 PM by PSOL »

Thank you for your service tack50, I indeed have to apologize for leaving both of us with a haul of work. For the new Press Secretary, you will indeed be appointed two deputies if possible to aide you in your position.

Those who are interested can Pm me through discord, Atlas, whatever. I will then set up an election by the end of this week. Till then, I assume all duties of the post.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #237 on: September 02, 2019, 06:46:12 PM »

Farewell, Tack. You did a good job. Godspeed! Smiley
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2019, 07:38:06 PM »

Farewell to you, tack50.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2019, 09:57:25 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2019, 10:03:20 PM by PSOL »

I would like to announce that this fine union just needs two more member to reach 20 individuals. That would be a monumental breakthrough as we'd be the largest mass democratic organization explicitly for the Working Class in Atlasia! So who is going to be the lucky two new members?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2019, 10:02:38 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2020, 09:09:02 PM by PSOL »

MEMBERS
Jimmy7812
Speaker YE
Prolocutor Bagel23
politicalmasta73
tack50
jk2020
JGibson
thumb21
Pericles
FM Scott
Ishan
Peanut
MB
bruhgmger2
Elcaspar
Pragma__TNAG
S019
WB
Lakigigar
Peebs
arjavrawal
West_Midlander
BP1202🌹
Chairman PSOL
The current roster. I’d be interested in more variety in party registration as currently;
20 members are apart of the Labour/Peace coalition
4 are Federalists

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2019, 10:05:07 PM »

I'll join

I support labor unions, as they have achieved a great many victories for the Atlasian worker, and I would like to see them earn even more victories for the Atlasian worker

X S019
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2019, 10:12:02 PM »

I'll join

I support labor unions, as they have achieved a great many victories for the Atlasian worker, and I would like to see them earn even more victories for the Atlasian worker

X S019

You said this only two months ago.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2019, 10:19:32 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2019, 11:52:18 AM by PSOL »

I'll join

X S019

I’m happy that he made a 180 in his views toward us.

Anyway, here’s the official guidelines since the 2nd National Assembly:

A.C.L.O Guidelines since the  2nd National Assembly.

SECTION I: Organizational Purpose

1. The Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupations is founded on the principles to create a better society for Atlasia, one that organizes itself and believes in the following core guidelines to achieve said society that is
   a. Free of unjust working conditions.
   b. A less stratified society
   c. Offers a fair wage to all who work in the jurisdictions of this republic.

SECTION II: Current Goals for Atlasia
1. No worker should subject themselves to unfair working conditions
   a. A socially hostile environment in which they are subjected to
     I. Harassment of any kind
     II. Nonconsensual sexual provocations
     III. Other physical or mental abuse
   b. A physically unsafe work environment
   c. Discrimination must be eliminated from the workplace. No one should be treated differently in
       any aspect based on
      I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIII. Sexual orientation
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record
                1. Unless clear possibility of abuse in the occupational position is determined, putting     
                    themselves or others in relative danger
   d. Not offering a mandatory 2 month paternity leave is subject to be labeled as an unfair feature of
       the Atlasian workplace

2. Workers must be payed a living wage at minimum
   a. Regionally, you should be able to subsist on the wage
   b. Wages must be routinely adjusted for inflation

3. Workplace democracy must be established in the Republic of Atlasia
   a. At least 50% of Company Board members and/or shareholders must be allocated to the workers
   b. The dissolution of said company must first offer their assets to the workers

4. The Republic of Atlasia must guarantee basic human rights in general, including but not exclusive, to those pertinent to the working Atlasian population.
   a. A guarantee on universal healthcare
   b. A strong welfare state
   c. The existence of a national pension system
   d. The right to assembly
   e. The right to organize in any way the workers see fit

5. The A.C.L.O. is committed to the continued existence of humanity by the protection of the continued habitability of planet Earth, as the working population is often the most affected by ecosystem disturbances
   a. The A.C.L.O is committed to fight for the stakeholders in times of strain due to malicious profit- 
       seeking ultimately causing catastrophe.
   b. It is in the working people’s best interest to seek out job retraining programs into less
    environmentally costly industries if the workers are affected by job loss from environmental
    legislation.
6. Atlasia must strive to be at full employment
    a. Due to the increasing redundancy of several industries, the best way to solve them is to provide
        I. More in the way of welfare spending as workers transition into another job
        II. More investment into job retraining programs that are
            1. Less likely to be lost in the process of future automation
            2. Be in jobs that provide a livelihood
SECTION II: Tactics
1. The A.C.L.O will defend workers’ rights by being a proactive union
   a. The following actions taken in Atlasia will warrant an immediate strike
      I. Austerity policies
      II. Rollback on workers’ rights
      III. Poor working conditions
      IIII. Wage theft
      IIIII. Breaking of contractual obligations
      IIIIII. Harms done for excessive profit seeking onto local stakeholders.

2. There will be a routine bulletin for the purpose of
   a. Informing the workers of their rights
   b. Endorsements using a letter grading scale and short description of
       I. Politicians
       II. Legislation
       III. Impacted Referendums
   c. Reports are released in intervals of two weeks the latest, not counting emergency or high profile
       notifications

3. The union will increase awareness of our rights by conducting annual demonstrations
  on May 1st

SECTION III: Organization

1. The union shall be organized into the several key branches based on occupational type
   a. Industrial Coalition Organization (I.C.O.)
   b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union
   d. Worker Transportation Alliance (W.T.A)
   c. Atlasian Society of Teamsters (A.S.T.)
   d. Confederation of Coders and Computational Engineers (C.C.C.E.)
   e. Mass Retail and Clerical Alliance
   f. Unified Screen Actor Guild and Writers Union of Atlasia (U.S.A.G.A.W.U.A.)
   g. Reporters Without Precariance (R.W.P)
   e. Mineral Extraction and Processing Occupations (M.E.P.O.)

2. Membership to the union shall require
   a. Living in the jurisdiction of the current Republic of Atlasia
   b. Not being in a management position
   c. Being clear of Far-Right and/or racist associations
   d. Not to having previously betray the principle of upholding the rights of the working populace
   e. No subverting the rights of the working class (I.e. crossing the picket line)
   f. Not having previously conducted notorious criminal behavior
   g. Having not committed abuse of fellow union members
   e. The breaking of any of these rules will warrant membership probation and expulsion if not
       opposed by a major portion of the body

3. The union shall conduct activities and inter-organization changes based on a popular vote on
   a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes
   c. Organizational guidelines
   d. Expelling members
      I. A referendum will be called upon by at least 10% of membership

4. Positions inside the union include
  a. Union Chairperson- Lead the Union. Determine Union agendas and actions. In national strikes,
      leads and acts as a delegate to meet national leadership. Can veto or stop union action unless
      overruled by an over 50% vote.
  b. Branch Leaders- Run the various organizations present in the A.C.L.O
  c. General Press Secretary- Create and format routinely the union’s bulletin board. Communicates
      with the public on Union issues.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2019, 10:28:51 PM »

I'll join

X S019

I’m happy that he made a 180 in his views toward us.

And who says he won't make another 180 in 2 months time?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2019, 10:38:07 PM »

I'll join

I support [insert views that the Atlasian Labor Party might like]

X S019
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2019, 10:40:28 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2019, 10:52:58 PM by Devout Centrist »

See, political debate works! A new stalwart defender of the working class emerges.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2019, 11:17:02 AM »

I'll join A.C.L.O. as well, and will be the 20th member.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2019, 11:19:37 AM »

Welcome friend, hopefully more of your party comes suit into this grand union.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2019, 12:01:25 PM »

Welcome friend, hopefully more of your party comes suit into this grand union.
I'll work on it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies