Democrats Wondering Whether It's 2002 All Over Again in NJ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:34:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats Wondering Whether It's 2002 All Over Again in NJ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If, if being the key word, Bob Menendez is replaced on the ballot, who will replace him?
Rep. Frank Pallone
Rep. Steve Rothman
Rep. Bob Andrews
St. Sen. Dick Codey
Other (Specify)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Democrats Wondering Whether It's 2002 All Over Again in NJ  (Read 3889 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 06:55:05 PM »

Trust me, he will not win, don't let Conan's opinions and partisanship sway you into a sense of denial, I know your smarter than that.

I'm not swayed by Conan or anyone else. I don't believe that Chuck Schumer is going to allow Bob Menendez to lose. If need be, the DSCC will drag Menendez across the finish line.

If the scandal worsens, Kean wins; otherwise, this is race still has a very slight Democratic edge.

I don't think Chuck Schumer has any more tug on this race than Dole and RSCC or whatever have on this race.  All this and no one mentions that Tom Kean Sr. has yet to make campaign stops frequently.  When he comes out, expect a more direct correlation between him and his son and this race will soon become a runaway.

Chuck Schumer is one of the best strategists in D.C. Period. According to Roll Call, the GOP was worried about losing the House back in January 2005. You know why? Because Rahm Emanuel had just been choosen as the DCCC chairman.

Emanuel and Schumer are bulldogs who have out-raised, out-smarted and out-recruited their Republican foes. Other the other hand, Dole has been a miserable failure with the NRSC and Reynolds is too busy fighting a reelection battle to do an effective job for the NRCC.

I have read interviews with the Harvard educated Schumer and I've seen how aggressive and smart he is. He will find a way to help Democrats save this seat.

California had the "Terminator," Senate Democrats have the "Schumenator." I have faith in Schumer.

That's funny, because I have faith in Tom Kean Jr., the next senator from the awful state of NJ Smiley
If you dont like the state then get the hell out. You really have no imagination to what this race will be like, I can understand why you think Kean will win but it just won't happen. NJ is the best state in the whole country. Try living in Mississippi.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2006, 09:10:10 PM »

IF the Dems need a ballot replacement, which they won't, they'll probably try to get Bill Bradley.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2006, 10:57:56 PM »

Downwithdaleft, with easy passing day, i am getting closer to support kean....

I think that is the feeling of the majority of Menendez supporters Smiley

I know I called Menendez to be caught up in a cloud of corruption in one of my first posts, anyone call for him to go down big before me?

Nope. Not unless Kean changes his stances on everything from Social Security to the War in Iraq. Menendez is a pretty terrible but Kean is that much worse.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2006, 10:59:37 PM »

Good to see most aren't as unlogically and bias as Conan and Smash, there still saying Menendez is the favorite.

He is still the favorite. Barely though.
Mike in Maryland
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2006, 08:33:45 AM »

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but why is this sudden flurry of investigative activity (which may turn up nothing substantial) only coming now, instead of several months ago before the primaries?  The timing seems somewhat fishy.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2006, 08:51:13 AM »

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but why is this sudden flurry of investigative activity (which may turn up nothing substantial) only coming now, instead of several months ago before the primaries?  The timing seems somewhat fishy.

It's NJ, the information coming out now might be forgetten by voters by Nov if it goes away, that's why we need to get pounding it in there heads.

I read today that the Menendez campaign is not going to try to deny what they did, just make Kean seems bad and then say you can have a corrupt Dem or a corrupt Rep, I'm not even kidding.

Conan
conan

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 11:43:35 AM »

It's NJ, the information coming out now might be forgetten by voters by Nov if it goes away, that's why we need to get pounding it in there heads.

I read today that the Menendez campaign is not going to try to deny what they did, just make Kean seems bad and then say you can have a corrupt Dem or a corrupt Rep, I'm not even kidding.

He has no reason to deny what he did. He's proud of the work hes done for his constituents.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2006, 04:24:14 PM »

He has no reason to deny what he did. He's proud of the work hes done for his constituents.

Comedy Goldmine Smiley
Can you be reasonable?  Bob Menendez is incredibly corrupt and it is being proven, yet you maintain what he did was right. 
Conan
conan

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 12:43:55 PM »

I'd advocate for a switcheroo to make the race easier. Preferrably Bradley.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »

Well, I don't think Codey would step in, though he'd definitely have my support. I know little about Pallone or Andrews; Rothman's my congressman, and he's a pretty good guy, and from a district somewhat outside of the "machine".

Rothman would be a longshot because he is extremely liberal.  They would need a moderate like Codey or Andrews at this point. 
Conan
conan

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 01:07:59 PM »

Well, I don't think Codey would step in, though he'd definitely have my support. I know little about Pallone or Andrews; Rothman's my congressman, and he's a pretty good guy, and from a district somewhat outside of the "machine".

Rothman would be a longshot because he is extremely liberal.  They would need a moderate like Codey or Andrews at this point. 
Rothman wouldnt be a long shot at all. He just isnt known. Being extremely liberal is a good thing in NJ. Corzine, Lautenberg, and Bradley are all big liberals. So is most of the cong. delegation. Name recognition is the only thing needed.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 01:10:55 PM »

Rothman wouldnt be a long shot at all. He just isnt known. Being extremely liberal is a good thing in NJ. Corzine, Lautenberg, and Bradley are all big liberals. So is most of the cong. delegation. Name recognition is the only thing needed.

Name recognition is quite important when you have about 30 days to campaign. 

Here's my results w/different candidates:

Codey 52
Kean 47

Kean 51
Bradley 49

Kean 50
Andrews 48

Kean 56
Rothman 43

Kean 52
Pallone 46
Conan
conan

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 01:14:34 PM »

Codey 52
Kean 47

Kean 51
Bradley 49

Kean 50
Andrews 48

Kean 56
Rothman 43

Kean 52
Pallone 46

Codey - 54%
Kean -45%

Bradley - 53%
Kean - 47%

Kean - 50%
Holt- 49%
Rothman - 49%
Andrews -49%
Pallone - 49%

Because of name recognition in the last people.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 01:15:48 PM »

Codey 52
Kean 47

Kean 51
Bradley 49

Kean 50
Andrews 48

Kean 56
Rothman 43

Kean 52
Pallone 46

Codey - 54%
Kean -45%

Bradley - 53%
Kean - 47%

Kean - 50%
Holt- 49%
Rothman - 49%
Andrews -49%
Pallone - 49%

Kean should beat Bradley and would dispose of the last 4, people would be angered by another switch saying enough is enough
Conan
conan

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2006, 01:16:56 PM »

Codey 52
Kean 47

Kean 51
Bradley 49

Kean 50
Andrews 48

Kean 56
Rothman 43

Kean 52
Pallone 46

Codey - 54%
Kean -45%

Bradley - 53%
Kean - 47%

Kean - 50%
Holt- 49%
Rothman - 49%
Andrews -49%
Pallone - 49%

Kean should beat Bradley and would dispose of the last 4, people would be angered by another switch saying enough is enough
The poll from the other day suggests Codey and Bradley up a lot. People dont care about a switch. Only republicans do or partisans.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2006, 01:18:02 PM »

Codey 52
Kean 47

Kean 51
Bradley 49

Kean 50
Andrews 48

Kean 56
Rothman 43

Kean 52
Pallone 46

Codey - 54%
Kean -45%

Bradley - 53%
Kean - 47%

Kean - 50%
Holt- 49%
Rothman - 49%
Andrews -49%
Pallone - 49%

The poll from the other day suggests Codey and Bradley up a lot. People dont care about a switch. Only republicans do or partisans.

If people didn't care about the switch, Codey would be up 10, and I think Bradley's lead is inflated.
Conan
conan

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2006, 01:19:32 PM »

Codey 52
Kean 47

Kean 51
Bradley 49

Kean 50
Andrews 48

Kean 56
Rothman 43

Kean 52
Pallone 46

Codey - 54%
Kean -45%

Bradley - 53%
Kean - 47%

Kean - 50%
Holt- 49%
Rothman - 49%
Andrews -49%
Pallone - 49%

If people didn't care about the switch, Codey would be up 10, and I think Bradley's lead is inflated.
Science is science.  (poll says what it says)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2006, 01:21:40 PM »

Codey 52
Kean 47

Kean 51
Bradley 49

Kean 50
Andrews 48

Kean 56
Rothman 43

Kean 52
Pallone 46

Codey - 54%
Kean -45%

Bradley - 53%
Kean - 47%

Kean - 50%
Holt- 49%
Rothman - 49%
Andrews -49%
Pallone - 49%

Ah, so you admit Kean is up 5, that's a start
Conan
conan

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

Codey 52
Kean 47

Kean 51
Bradley 49

Kean 50
Andrews 48

Kean 56
Rothman 43

Kean 52
Pallone 46

Codey - 54%
Kean -45%

Bradley - 53%
Kean - 47%

Kean - 50%
Holt- 49%
Rothman - 49%
Andrews -49%
Pallone - 49%

Ah, so you admit Kean is up 5, that's a start

Yea but theres the margin of error so you dont know where they really are.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies