Illinois Replacement Final "Official" Predictions. It costs $20k per post now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 07:41:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Illinois Replacement Final "Official" Predictions. It costs $20k per post now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: Who will it be?
Alexi Giannoulias

Danny Davis

Jesse Jackson Jr.

Jan Schakowsky

Tammy Duckworth

Lisa Madigan

Emil Jones

Luis Gutiérrez

Someone Else

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Illinois Replacement Final "Official" Predictions. It costs $20k per post now  (Read 11623 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2008, 09:36:39 AM »

As I posted in the Kirk thread, the IL GOP is now running ads calling for a special election.  To me, that seemed kind of stupid because how much media money does the IL GOP have compared to how many state legislators who will see that and become suspicious?  The IL GOP smelled blood.

I instantly posted a Senator Kirk? Thread when I heard about the special election because I wanted to be the first person who predicted it, but other people figured it out eventually too.  And of course, everyone started becoming suspicious when Blago was spending his time leaking to the local newspapers that he'd sign the special elections bill.

I think the primary concern when the scandal broke was to stop Blago from appointing Obama's replacement by any means necessary.  And everyone doesn't like Quinn (how does he win?).  But it soon became clear that Blago probably wouldn't do it and that Quinn appointing his pal Schako wouldn't be that bad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies