Will Georgia have more population than Ohio by 2030? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:55:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will Georgia have more population than Ohio by 2030? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will it?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Will Georgia have more population than Ohio by 2030?  (Read 2660 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: January 10, 2016, 11:06:02 PM »

I would say so.  Between now and 2030 the proportion of those elderly and dying will increase more in Ohio than in Georgia.  By 2030 it could be that Georgia is still growing modestly while Ohio is shrinking.

Of course things can change.  There might be a rush back to the rust belt for some reason.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 11:44:02 PM »

If the Republicans in the statehouse ever wake-up and smell the breeze we might get at least a small boost out of tapping into the state's wind energy potential, both in the Northwest and off-shore on Lake Erie.  It probably still wouldn't be enough to completely stem the tide of people fleeing from the Northern metros but it would be something positive.
Wind power won't provide any substantial population growth.  It might keep a handful of people from leaving.  But you're talking about hundreds of jobs... not the hundreds of thousands Ohio would need to keep ahead of Georgia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies