I change my mind. Steele is going to run... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:02:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  I change my mind. Steele is going to run... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I change my mind. Steele is going to run...  (Read 3049 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: April 30, 2005, 05:16:41 PM »

A few questions, regarding Mfume

1. What percentage of Marylanders would vote Democrat no matter who they ran?

2. How much would the black vote go up if Mfume ran as the (D) nominee for Senate?

3. Would Steele's strength with the black vote be eliminated completely, back to normal, white v. white, if Mfume ran?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 06:22:03 PM »

So, at worse, Mfume gets 46%.

Now, if Cardin defeats Mfume in the primary, how much would Cardin's Afro-American support go down? (I remember reading that Dukakis lost MD in part because Afro-Americans stayed home after Jackson didn't get the nomination)

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 07:18:51 AM »

So, at worse, Mfume gets 46%.

Now, if Cardin defeats Mfume in the primary, how much would Cardin's Afro-American support go down? (I remember reading that Dukakis lost MD in part because Afro-Americans stayed home after Jackson didn't get the nomination)

Could hurt a little, but Im almost positive that both O'Malley and Duncan will have prominent Af-American running mates.  That should help keep the African American base happy.

I'm not sure how prominent they could be, since Mfume is running for Senate, and I wouldn't see a congressman leave the House to run for Lt. Gov. It might have to be a state senator.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 06:22:26 PM »

Not much of a suprise, but Rep. Steny Hoyer endorsed Ben Cardin for Senate today.

That's good, some momentum for Ben.

The Lt. Governor candidates you mentioned look good, especially since none of them are from Baltimore, which would help have Democrats from possibly all 3 major counties on the ballot. (Cardin/Mfume, Duncan, Ivey/Brown)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies