Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:27:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78738 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: April 24, 2013, 10:25:03 PM »

Jeez Inks. Stop trying to kill the guy. He'll get up to two miles eventually.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1001 on: April 24, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »

Please get a gym membership!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1002 on: April 24, 2013, 10:29:14 PM »

For Bushie: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=160384.0
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1003 on: April 24, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »

Bushie should buy this book: http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Your-Own-Gym/dp/0345528581

My gay senior year roommate bought it at the beginning of the school year and was very satisfied with the results. Of course he was a "power bottom" so endurance and core strength were very important to him, as opposed to Bushie's goal of simple weight loss. Still, it's much cheaper than a gym membership.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1004 on: April 24, 2013, 10:37:58 PM »

I would rather die by food poisoning than die trying to get myself in shape.  I have absolutely no interest in the Insanity Workout.  I wish I could find a space where I can set my Biggest Loser workout back up, but so far I haven't found it. Sad
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1005 on: April 24, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »

I would rather die by food poisoning than die trying to get myself in shape.  I have absolutely no interest in the Insanity Workout.  I wish I could find a space where I can set my Biggest Loser workout back up, but so far I haven't found it. Sad

Grandma's house?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1006 on: April 24, 2013, 10:44:22 PM »

Grandma's house?

Nope, not there.  I like to do the workout in private.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1007 on: April 24, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »

Jeez Inks. Stop trying to kill the guy. He'll get up to two miles eventually.

It's a hell of a lot better to walk two miles in the comfort of his Oklahoma community with a hospital than have him go to Kenya and die of dehydration because he's unprepared.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1008 on: April 24, 2013, 10:59:13 PM »

This was the best thing that ever happened to me. I know it's antithetical to our American ideal of the individual, but the psychology of being in a room with a few dozen other people who are all working out does make you want to work out too. Aside from wanting to fit in, it's really inspiring to see that you are not alone in your battle. I see people of all ages and sizes working to better themselves. It's really great! Plus, I know how much you like tv. Get on that treadmill and watch all the tv you want. Best of both worlds Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1009 on: April 24, 2013, 11:05:19 PM »

Changing the subject for a bit.  I have decided that before I go to bed, I will watch two movies:  The Marx Brothers: Animal Crackers and Monkey Business.  Hopefully, I can make it to Monkey Business. Smiley
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1010 on: April 24, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »

Hopefully, I can make it to Monkey Business. Smiley

Reach for the sky Bushie.  If you can't control your diet or walk a mile without having a heart attack, you can at least demonstrate your determination with another high priority goal: Staying awake until 1am so you can watch a movie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1011 on: April 24, 2013, 11:20:06 PM »

Reach for the sky Bushie.  If you can't control your diet or walk a mile without having a heart attack, you can at least demonstrate your determination with another high priority goal: Staying awake until 1am so you can watch a movie.

Although, I may stop it after this first movie since I didn't sleep much this morning.  I couldn't fall asleep until 4:00 am this morning and had to wake up about 9:15, so I only had 5 hours of sleep.  This movie will be over by 00:35, so I should be able to be in bed by 01:00 easily and get 8 hours sleep.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1012 on: April 24, 2013, 11:22:17 PM »

Well, we know where his priorities lie... This deserves another one of these:

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1013 on: April 24, 2013, 11:23:51 PM »

Sure, why do you expect us to give you straight answers when 1. you continually lie to yourself and the forum 2. you completely ignore all good advice ever proffered. 3. This whole thread is a vanity project.  Enjoy the walk, I suppose.

But please do stop pissing down our legs and telling us it is raining.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1014 on: April 25, 2013, 12:14:45 AM »

Sure, why do you expect us to give you straight answers when 1. you continually lie to yourself and the forum 2. you completely ignore all good advice ever proffered. 3. This whole thread is a vanity project.  Enjoy the walk, I suppose.

4. But please do stop pissing down our legs and telling us it is raining.

1.  There are times when I have stupid moments.  However, I am watching myself very closely to make sure I don't fib to the forum.

2.  I've been cheating myself by saying "ah, they're a bunch of Internet strangers who don't really know me."  That's one of the things I'll be working on in my new year.

3.  The Update is a candid piece of work.  Some could say it's been a vanity project, and they have a valid point, but to be honest when the writers were first starting to think about the Update Series, long before Season I, it was never meant to be a serious thread.  It has turned into such, much of it my own doing, and the advice given is no less valid and no less potentially productive, but I have never meant this as a serious series.

4.  As I mentioned in Point 1, I am working on more honesty and more courtesy toward the viewers.  The writers do not need to consistently pull the viewer's leg.  That's bad for the press and bad for PR.

To summarize, I have a lot of things I will be working on in my new year.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1015 on: April 25, 2013, 12:27:13 AM »

A little programming note:  On Sunday, 28 April 2013 at 23:45 CDT, Update VI will close.  On Monday, 29 April 2013 at 00:15 CDT, Update VII will open.  It will be the beginning of a new year in the main character's life.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1016 on: April 25, 2013, 12:31:43 AM »

Bushie, as long as you're open to answering questions now, let me ask something I think I asked a while back but never got an answer on: You had mentioned your dad mowing the lawn.  Since your dad works, and you're living off of your parents rent free, are you doing any chores around the house to pitch in?  Why don't you mow the lawn rather than your dad for example?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1017 on: April 25, 2013, 12:43:28 AM »

Bushie, as long as you're open to answering questions now, let me ask something I think I asked a while back but never got an answer on: You had mentioned your dad mowing the lawn.  Since your dad works, and you're living off of your parents rent free, are you doing any chores around the house to pitch in?  Why don't you mow the lawn rather than your dad for example?

I am doing the dishes after most meals.  I am taking out the trash, checking the mail, doing my own laundry, and keeping the house straightened up.  I also am helping Dad in the yard when needed.  He has still been mowing, but I will be taking care of that the next time it needs to be done.  I am also going to get out there and finish picking up the leaves that the recent flood left behind.  Granted, I'm not doing as much as I should, but I am trying to do something.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1018 on: April 25, 2013, 04:52:27 AM »

3.  The Update is a candid piece of work.  Some could say it's been a vanity project, and they have a valid point, but to be honest when the writers were first starting to think about the Update Series, long before Season I, it was never meant to be a serious thread.  It has turned into such, much of it my own doing, and the advice given is no less valid and no less potentially productive, but I have never meant this as a serious series.

4.  As I mentioned in Point 1, I am working on more honesty and more courtesy toward the viewers.  The writers do not need to consistently pull the viewer's leg.  That's bad for the press and bad for PR.

You know, every time you refer to "the writers", it just reminds the forum how fictionalized and attention-whorey this thread is.  Life doesn't have "writers".  Calling it that is annoying and makes you sound like you think you're more important than you actually are.  You are not a "writer".  Sure, you're a great liar, but that's more of a disorder than something positive.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1019 on: April 25, 2013, 04:53:54 AM »

A little programming note:  On Sunday, 28 April 2013 at 23:45 CDT, Update VI will close.  On Monday, 29 April 2013 at 00:15 CDT, Update VII will open.  It will be the beginning of a new year in the main character's life.

What's with the arbitrary new starting time for Update VII?  And why is the update thread taking a 30 minute break?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1020 on: April 25, 2013, 04:54:35 AM »

I am doing the dishes after most meals.  I am taking out the trash, checking the mail, doing my own laundry, and keeping the house straightened up.  I also am helping Dad in the yard when needed.  He has still been mowing, but I will be taking care of that the next time it needs to be done.  I am also going to get out there and finish picking up the leaves that the recent flood left behind.  Granted, I'm not doing as much as I should, but I am trying to do something.

Yet you've left rotting fruit around for a day, acknowledging that you have nothing important to do, and you still don't throw it out.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1021 on: April 25, 2013, 05:00:55 AM »

So I assume that your mother is cooking dinner for you every night?  Didn't you say back when you were living on your own that part of the reason that you weren't eating healthier was because your cooking skills were poor?  Now that you're living with your parents and have all this free time, why don't you try looking up some recipes for healthier dinners, and learn how to cook the food together with your mother?  That way you'll have the skills to do it when you move back out on your own.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1022 on: April 25, 2013, 08:05:44 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2013, 08:10:21 AM by Leofwine (DemPGH), Atty. Gen. »

I've seen "the writers" referenced before, and thought, what? This is a fiction, but who would type out a fiction like this on an Internet forum? It's not like it's a comic book or anything. Then I thought maybe it was some obscure reference to God or something, but the plural makes no sense. Ah well.

You guys are so right - in a godforsaken place like Kenya there is no baseball all day, no watching movies all night, no eating like he does now. You're lucky to have clean water. There are bugs, it's hot. Missionary work is grueling from what I have heard, and what I did hear was years ago when I was a kid.

The ideal job for Bushie would be to be a minister. It's really not taxing work in the least, especially for a country minister, and even if you have to perform weddings and funerals, you're still the boss. Other people do the heavy-lifting. Bushie could watch TV all day, read his Bible, and prepare sermons. Why wouldn't he want to do that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1023 on: April 25, 2013, 09:53:09 AM »

You know, every time you refer to "the writers", it just reminds the forum how fictionalized and attention-whorey this thread is.  Life doesn't have "writers".  Calling it that is annoying and makes you sound like you think you're more important than you actually are.  You are not a "writer".  Sure, you're a great liar, but that's more of a disorder than something positive.

I just try to interject some humor.  That's all.  Plus, it wasn't me who started the "writers" mantra.  Talk to BRTD several seasons ago.  It's a way for me to keep it from getting too serious.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1024 on: April 25, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »

What's with the arbitrary new starting time for Update VII?  And why is the update thread taking a 30 minute break?

My birthday is Monday and I want to get a clean start.  As far as the 30 minute break, do I have to have a reason?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies