UK General Election, June 8th 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:33:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election, June 8th 2017 (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: UK General Election, June 8th 2017  (Read 210433 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 07:23:56 AM »

Very selective data picking. I suggest you go read about the three days work week, the social decay of most British cities (captured beautifully in The Special's Ghost Town), the general feeling that things were falling apart, social unrest as unemployed youth turned football terraces into battlefields, NF running amok, and etc.

Situation was so bad that in one point some thought of overthrowing the government and placing Lord Mountbatten at the top

True, but why would any of those things be a reason to vote Tory? It's not like she reversed de-industrialisation, and her legacy was the continued decline and chronic unemployment/insecurity that may parts of the country still endure to this day.

Ghost Town was released under Thatcher by the way Tongue

I hate to say it, but the reason older people vote Tory is because they wish it was still the 1950s and Britain still had an empire.

Never underestimate the sheer weight of Little Englanderism among the inhabitants of moderately prosperous towns like Wellingborough.
[/quote]
It was not put as a reason to vote Tory but rather as to explain why the 70's were terrible
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 06:52:20 AM »

regarding Lab high numbers, it is important to mention that the multi-party politics is now pretty much over as Ukip is dead and the Liberals are back to their pre 80's ratings
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 02:03:25 PM »

The foreign relations section looks like a back and forth between Corbyn and Watson
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 10:58:39 AM »

Well my Isidewith results dramatically shifted from 2015

LD-69%
Labour-64%
SNP-61%
PC-58%
Tory-57%
Green-54%
Ukip.-46%

Not sure why they still have the BNP, as I recall them being deleted from the party list
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 03:25:08 AM »

Abbott declared support for IRA defeat of Britain

“is our struggle — every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed.”

“Though I was born here in London, I couldn’t identify as British,”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/abbott-declared-support-for-ira-defeat-of-britain-rp79dvvmk
It was always coming, sort of innocent by Corbyn to assume he wouldn't be getting flak for his sympathy to the deplorable of the world
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 04:30:05 AM »

I think May should be pleased, an apparent closer race will galvanize Tory and other voters who don't want to see Jezza at no. 10 to go out and vote.

I'm also certain Labour is being overpolled and 38% is completely unlikely (it will require a huge swing in England as a Scottish return of voters is unlikely)
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 12:29:21 PM »

May words on Corbyn's terror speech:

Both Lab and Tories using Manchester terror attack for "cheap political gain"
This kind of thing is really annoying and frustrating,
SHAME ON THEM BOTH!!!
tbf I am not a fan of Corbyn at all, but he didn't use it but rather put forward his political insight to how to fight terror the Tories responded in a campaign manner if anything
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 12:20:09 PM »

The Guardian endorses Labour which must be a bit hard to some up there in the smoggy tower. Anymore newspapers endorsed today? It will be interesting to see who the independent and the times opt for
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »

I wonder if this will be the first election since 79 Lab+Con break 80%
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies