The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:33:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 230411 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: January 26, 2018, 10:18:20 AM »

I swear, the worst thing Trump did to the US was make people like you think being Russia-friendly is a remotely non-insane position.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1426 on: January 26, 2018, 02:29:44 PM »

More stupid, frivolous lawsuits to tie up the system. Lefty extremists are starting to take a page from the sovereign citizen kooks.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1427 on: January 26, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1428 on: January 29, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »

The issue is that there's antisemitism and antisemitism and that a profoundly antisemitic society may nevertheless broadly speaking draw the line at getting involved in actual antisemitic genocide.* It isn't even particularly mysterious.

A genuine Jewish joke from the period in question: a man wakes up in a fit of hysterical, joyous laughter. His wife turns to him and asks what's the matter. He says that he has had a wonderful dream - a dream in which there were people outside their house shouting that Jews are Christ killers. His wife asks why that would be such a wonderful dream, and he responds "don't you see, that means the Poles are in charge again!"

*Though Poland was something of an odd man out here, as has already been alluded to...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1429 on: January 29, 2018, 08:05:53 PM »

Be careful about rooting for the shutdown. It's not a good thing to shutdown the Government of America over the concerns of foreigners who are inconsequential to American life.

One of the ways that thousands of Americans have qualified as DREAMers is that they have successfully served in the military, so you might want to be cautious about how you pass judgment on people there, Mike. 

Whatever happened to you is your business and your business alone, and you don't owe any of us an explanation. But it truly boggles us that you keep calling attention to with posts like this.

Damn! CC the Burn Unit thread
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1430 on: January 29, 2018, 08:08:47 PM »

Considering Republican opposition to affordable healthcare being available to everyone is by their worst trait, I suppose I'd say FF.

As has been said a thousand different times by a thousand different people, simply because conservatives don't support GOVERNMENT providing a service doesn't mean that conservatives don't believe in the utility/necessity of said service in the first place. The current system under Obamacare has been a disaster and the system before Obamacare was a disaster, but the system previous to Obamacare was absolutely, in no way, a free market. Even before Obamacare, government spending on healthcare in the United States was some of the highest in the world. The best solution is to move to a system of increased competition, person-centered (instead of employer-centered) insurance, increased use of HSAs, as well as other market reforms. Lower insurance costs resulting from there reforms will ensure that poorer Americans can afford health insurance for themselves.

The bad post thread is over there -----)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1431 on: January 29, 2018, 08:12:29 PM »

No, of course not. Bush believed that Iraq had WMD's, as did almost everybody else. That that turned out wrong, and was not a reason to invade in any event from a prudential standpoint (and get in the middle of a civil war precipitated thereby), does not make him a war criminal. He just made a catastrophic error. Criminalizing everything in sight is just not my bag, and is a symptom of the toxic political environment in which we live. I am also skeptical of whether Trump based on what I have read is really guilty of obstruction of justice as well, but I will await the details on that, before reaching a firmer opinion.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1432 on: January 31, 2018, 02:34:49 PM »

I know exactly what your doing. Democratic hacks on here attacking anyone who suggests the system is corrupt is a trend.
Wait, I'm a Democratic hack? I thought you were accusing me of slandering one of my fellow Democrats in a different thread?

That makes no sense lol
Is this honestly what you do with your life? Troll? Well you are 18 so maybe one of your balls haven't dropped yet. The ignore button is your new friend Smiley

Tfw you're so insecure about yourself and have no way to back up your beliefs so you retreat to a penis joke during a political discussion

Gentlemen please, both of you are equally stupid and annoying mow kiss and make up.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1433 on: January 31, 2018, 07:55:15 PM »

This just shows how shallow and short-term the attention spans of Americans in general are.. coupled with deep seeded polarized partisanship.

The second the FBI doesn't do the right thing regarding Trump in the eyes of Democrats, the numbers will flip.

This forum has to realize we are not like most Americans.  We are insanely high information compared to most people.  It makes for a depressing outlook.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1434 on: January 31, 2018, 09:14:31 PM »

As someone who has talked to voters in the heartland (and actually lives there), tax reform isn't the thing riling them up. Most of them don't care about it (a lot like it, although a surprising amount don't) It's the culture wars (especially immigration) that get them going.

George Bush passed tax cuts that had 60% approval and no one gave a damn about those come election day 2004. People forget very fast lol.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1435 on: February 01, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »

Mika had no problem spreading gossip from "Clinton Cash" and Trey Gowdy's e-mail leaks.
Her and Joe's moral crusade doesn't convince anyone.
Neither does yours.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1436 on: February 01, 2018, 01:30:16 PM »

It's funny, because I remember barely a year ago having a conversation about how the story of the Trump administration was going to be a proxy war between the FBI and DOJ vs. the State Department and CIA. Now it just seems like it's everyone vs. Trump.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1437 on: February 03, 2018, 12:08:37 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1438 on: February 04, 2018, 07:03:48 AM »

Anyway, I don’t understand the Bryce circle-jerk. All Ryan has to do is run an ad about how Bryce is a dead-beat dad who didn’t pay child support until he ran for office and he’ll win by 20 points.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1439 on: February 05, 2018, 10:18:58 AM »

Sounds like a typical Illinois Republican to me.

Amen. Never met a white person in Chicago who was not like this.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1440 on: February 06, 2018, 01:09:10 PM »

I never thought I would see the day when Atlas posters obsess over the stock market. Typically Atlas has zero interest in such things, and investing and so forth, in part I guess because a high percentage of posters live off their parents and the like. Yes, I know, Trump latest crime against humanity is politicizing the Dow. Shame on him!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1441 on: February 06, 2018, 02:54:14 PM »

Badger for the RINOs and Blairite for the DINOs.

This. I don't even think that RINO Tom is a RINO, he's more so just a run-of-the-mill, center-right conservative.

I don't want to see the Overton Window shift any further right into a timeline in which a self-identifying business conservative can be considered a centrist or even left-of-center...

Look at the political matrix scores and tell me he's a conservative.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1442 on: February 07, 2018, 09:28:59 AM »

Millions of dollars in money for speeches and a shady foundation.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1443 on: February 07, 2018, 11:47:26 AM »

or the strippers knew they were cops
Which, again, means the cops were either doing a terrible job or were just there to enjoy taxpayer-funded lap dances.

In NOLA, it's probably a combination of both things.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #1444 on: February 07, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »

because a lot of Bernie supporters (myself included) aren't wild about [Tulsi Gabbard] either. It's really just a small but vocal following that she has.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1445 on: February 08, 2018, 12:12:01 AM »

Trump?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1446 on: February 08, 2018, 02:07:39 AM »

It's hard to understand anything Sanchez says through the slurping sounds of Trump's cock in his mouth.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1447 on: February 08, 2018, 01:36:06 PM »

Pence, it would be so much easier for you to just say that your views have evolved on the matter, along with so many others in our society, rather than just lying like a rug.  Sad!

pretty sure Pence doesn't believe in evolution so that's a no-go
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #1448 on: February 10, 2018, 09:46:41 PM »

All the idiot celebrities who enable the anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, etc.

The anti-vaxxers, definitely.  If they can blame vaccines for kids birth defects,  they can avoid getting real about their own lifestyles while pregnant, and especially their marijuana use in early pregnancy.

Bashing anti-vaxxers is low-hanging fruit, but this is still really good.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #1449 on: February 12, 2018, 12:22:09 AM »

Does this count as a Simple Truth if I cropped it?

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies