Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:25:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Is she a good candidate?
Yes

No

HAHA LOL NO

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 234

Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 38151 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: January 29, 2019, 08:05:41 PM »

Third Gabbard hate thread today. Why is the establishment so afraid? This response is insanely disproportionate.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 08:46:29 PM »

Third Gabbard hate thread today. Why is the establishment so afraid? This response is insanely disproportionate.
No one is afraid of someone who won't poll more than Kucinich '04/Kucinich '08 numbers combined.

If no one's afraid, then why the extreme response? Gabbard has done nothing to make her stand out from the pack as an objectionable candidate, but the Twittersphere has nevertheless exploded over her candidacy during the past two weeks. These are people who were fine with Hillary Clinton supporting traditional marriage as recently as 2008, as well as taking over $10 million from Saudi Arabia. Now I'm supposed to believe that they're mad about Gabbard criticizing "homosexual extremists" and having ONE meeting with Assad?

This is a shill campaign and it's painfully obvious.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 08:54:21 PM »

No one is afraid of someone who won't poll more than Kucinich '04/Kucinich '08 numbers combined.

If no one's afraid, then why the extreme response? Gabbard has done nothing to make her stand out from the pack as an objectionable candidate, but the Twittersphere has nevertheless exploded over her candidacy during the past two weeks. These are people who were fine with Hillary Clinton supporting traditional marriage as recently as 2008, as well as taking over $10 million from Saudi Arabia. Now I'm supposed to believe that they're mad about Gabbard criticizing "homosexual extremists" and having ONE meeting with Assad?

Nobody is scared of her message. People welcome her message - people just prefer to hear it from Bernie Sanders, or Elizabeth Warren. Candidates who seem to be running actually good primary campaigns - not ones polling lower than a West Virginia State Senator.

That is not the criticism I've seen of her. The posts on this site about Gabbard have criticized her based on the two points I just listed-- her electability is scarcely (if at all) mentioned as an issue.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 09:07:09 PM »

Nobody is scared of her message. People welcome her message - people just prefer to hear it from Bernie Sanders, or Elizabeth Warren. Candidates who seem to be running actually good primary campaigns - not ones polling lower than a West Virginia State Senator.

That is not the criticism I've seen of her. The posts on this site about Gabbard have criticized her based on the two points I just listed-- her electability is scarcely (if at all) mentioned as an issue.

I do think the Assad/Putin/Homophobic arguments are invalid - but that doesn't make her a great candidate.

Whether Politico is being hyperbolic or not, I don't see her making it to Iowa.

Agreed. But at the very worst, she's still a better candidate than O'Rourke.

And if she doesn't make it to Iowa, all credit will go to fearmongering Twitter bots whining about her dislike for regime change in the Middle East.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 10:05:30 PM »

I do think the Assad/Putin/Homophobic arguments are invalid - but that doesn't make her a great candidate.

Whether Politico is being hyperbolic or not, I don't see her making it to Iowa.

Agreed. But at the very worst, she's still a better candidate than O'Rourke.

And if she doesn't make it to Iowa, all credit will go to fearmongering Twitter bots whining about her dislike for regime change in the Middle East.
If she's such a great candidate, I think her campaign should be able to withstand Twitter trolls of all things. If she can't survive that, imagine things of actual relevance like negative ads.

I don't think she's a great or electable candidate; in fact I disagree with her on a lot of issues. I'm just genuinely shocked by the rancor that's been directed at her.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 08:16:49 PM »

Again, imagine if Kamala Harris or Gillibrand were endorsed by Bill Kristol. Bernie bros would have teared them apart as bloodthirsty hawks and tools of the military/industrial complex.
But when he endorses our beloved anti-estabishment Tulsi it's Wednesday evening.
I'd love to see Jfern defend Kristol's support of her LOL. I can't even imagine the inane hackish excuse he would make

I have asked him a couple of times and he never responded.

If David Duke's support doesn't turn people away from her, why should Bill Kristol's? Lol.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 04:52:14 AM »

Again, imagine if Kamala Harris or Gillibrand were endorsed by Bill Kristol. Bernie bros would have teared them apart as bloodthirsty hawks and tools of the military/industrial complex.
But when he endorses our beloved anti-estabishment Tulsi it's Wednesday evening.
I'd love to see Jfern defend Kristol's support of her LOL. I can't even imagine the inane hackish excuse he would make

If David Duke's support doesn't turn people away from her, why should Bill Kristol's? Lol.

She said she didn't want Duke's "support", and I have never seen this evidence of Kristol's support. Of course the people tearing down Gabbard are helping neocons like Kristol.

You also don't see any Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
In general you have a problem seeing things that don't fit your preferred narrative.

If he endorsed her, why not just post evidence of that instead of making pointless comments like these?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 05:54:54 AM »

She said she didn't want Duke's "support", and I have never seen this evidence of Kristol's support. Of course the people tearing down Gabbard are helping neocons like Kristol.

You also don't see any Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
In general you have a problem seeing things that don't fit your preferred narrative.

If he endorsed her, why not just post evidence of that instead of making pointless comments like these?

I've posted them a thousand times. I assume you know how to use google yourself.

There's nothing that amounts to a formal endorsement that I can find. Regardless, I find it hard to understand why earning the endorsement of an anti-Trump Republican would be a disqualifier.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 03:43:59 AM »

Why does this site hate Sanders so much? Given that most of the posters here are only marginally to the right of Chairman Mao, you'd think he'd be right up your alleys.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 01:03:18 AM »

She's only a "woman of color" under some silly one drop rule (3/4 white) and who cares? Send that idpol nonsense back to Tumblr.

She's a veteran. So was John McCain. He sucked and I'm proud to have voted against him in 2008.
You are an insane person.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 02:34:29 AM »

She's only a "woman of color" under some silly one drop rule (3/4 white) and who cares? Send that idpol nonsense back to Tumblr.

She's a veteran. So was John McCain. He sucked and I'm proud to have voted against him in 2008.
You are an insane person.

Would you have voted for McCain?

You're an insane person for arguing that Gabbard isn't a person of color.

1) Why even make the argument? Will this change anyone's mind about her? Are you just taking it as your personal goal to malign her in every way possible?

2) She is clearly a person of Pacific Islander descent. Is Obama not black by your standards?

3) Warren had a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother (?) who was Native American. Because nobody is dumb enough to believe this is in any way analogous, I will assume you are trolling.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 04:27:42 AM »

Have you ever made a contribution to this forum that had any substance whatsoever, or is it all quips and one liners with you?

Quit making this blatantly ironic remark.

Your support for a blatant homophobe is already bad enough.

I didn't realize anyone on this thread had endorsed Hillary Clinton.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 03:21:33 AM »

She's totally right. In terms of foreign policy, Gabbard is clearly the most qualified person of all the presidential candidates.

That message was approved by Vladimir Putin and Bassar Al-Assad.
The USA has no business to do in Syria and Russia. I'm not interested in a second cold war, while most of the Democrats and Republicans clearly are for whatever reasons. But clearly, we apparently haven't learned from pointless wars like the one in Iraq.

Every nation in the world has business to do when someone commits genocide.
I thought that was a consensus position after 1945.

Here's a list. Fire up the choppers.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 12:47:04 PM »

He's not the one with military bases a couple hundred miles from our border.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 06:46:24 PM »

Haven't Democrats learned anything from 2016? You can't win over voters by just complaining about a candidate's Twitter account.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 01:08:06 PM »

I don't like Michael Tracey, but I also don't care if Tulsi retweeted him.

All she retweeted was a flattering opinion piece he wrote about her, that doesn't equal an endorsement of him or his views.
She also tweeted this though:

Wow. How offensive. This sort of rhetoric has no place in the Democratic Party.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 10:27:10 PM »

I hate Tulsi Gabbard too, but she'd be lucky to break 2% in any state in the primary. Why not make threads about candidates who actually have a chance?
Because those candidates aren't leaving creepy literature on my car's windshield.

Aren't you a Christian? You guys are the number one leading generators of wiper-blade trash in this country. And the only difference between you and a cult is that you've got a few more members. The amazing thing about this thread is that you have no idea how hypocritical you sound.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 02:44:03 AM »

I hate Tulsi Gabbard too, but she'd be lucky to break 2% in any state in the primary. Why not make threads about candidates who actually have a chance?
Because those candidates aren't leaving creepy literature on my car's windshield.

Aren't you a Christian? You guys are the number one leading generators of wiper-blade trash in this country. And the only difference between you and a cult is that you've got a few more members. The amazing thing about this thread is that you have no idea how hypocritical you sound.

Also your second statement is incorrect. My church has about 300-400 "members" (no official membership rolls.) Tulsi Gabbard's cult has as many as 10 million by some estimates.

If you're a member of an actual religious organization that has fewer than 400 members, then perhaps you should think twice before throwing a word like "cult" around at other people. I seem to recall something about sin and throwing stones...
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2019, 01:11:48 AM »

Also your second statement is incorrect. My church has about 300-400 "members" (no official membership rolls.) Tulsi Gabbard's cult has as many as 10 million by some estimates.

If you're a member of an actual religious organization that has fewer than 400 members, then perhaps you should think twice before throwing a word like "cult" around at other people. I seem to recall something about sin and throwing stones...
In what ways does my church abuse its members, try to control members lives, use controlling tactics to stop people from leaving, etc.?

So you're saying that the Tulsi Gabbard campaign is doing this to its supporters?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 04:01:25 PM »

She and Andrew Yang are pushed HARD on Youtube and Facebook comments, and I see a lot of them on Twitter too. Do they have actual support, or is it really just the diehard cultists and entities (country governments/bot farms) that push them to cause division among Americans?

I'm just so puzzled because they were OBVIOUSLY awful in the debates. I watched them, and was like, "That's what people are pushing to be president? L. M. A. O.

Lol, Yang and Gabbard are literally the candidates best positioned to heal America. They push progressive policies but package them in a way that's appealing to Trump supporters, and they talk about the reasons why Trump was actually elected instead of attacking Trump himself (foreign interventionism, automation, the demise of the middle class). You can say what you want about them policy-wise, but to call them "divisive" is just plain wrong; they're the only candidates with coalitions that include a good chunk of Trump supporters.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 06:05:29 PM »

This thread is one massive neocon ejaculation right now.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 10:01:40 PM »

The funny thing about all her defenders is the proof is in the pudding. Her polling is horrid.

She sucks, now proven.

Interesting. Incidentally, a recent poll showed that most Americans want illegal aliens to be removed by ICE, and since the majority obviously defines what is factually and morally correct in a society, you ought to start pushing for that too. Illegals suck. Now proven.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2019, 01:36:28 AM »

As a genuine Tulsi supporter I was not all that impressed with the debate yesterday but glad she called out Kamala Harris on her hypocrisy.

I attended a Tulsi debate party and it was a good reminder that despite what Twitter and many democrats are saying Tulsi has genuine support and is not a Russian plant. Maybe we haven't had war in our face for a long time, but foreign policy remains one if not the most important role of the president and we need someone who will stand unequivocally for peace not war.

Tulsi is universally hated by disingenuous Dems who look back fondly on the Bush presidency and laugh along with Dubya whenever he appears on a late-night talk show. Fortunately, not all of America has the memory of a goldfish. We remember when our intelligence community, our president, and our defense department all lied to us about WMDs, playing off of heightened emotions and humanitarian instincts to unlawfully invade a sovereign nation for nothing more than oil and corporate welfare for the defense industry. Now the Democratic Party has been hijacked by neocons who heap praise upon the intelligence agencies that sent 4,500 Americans to die for nothing in a desert wasteland on the other side of the planet.

I hate Trump as much as anyone, but if you give me the choice between him and the truly evil war criminals and mass murderers of the Bush administration, I'll choose Trump as fast as you can blink.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2019, 02:38:18 AM »

Once again libertarians prove how much they are just embarrassed conservatives.

What a silly comment. This libertarian was six years old when Iraq was invaded. I've been a pacifist all my life. Don't make generalizations like this when you don't even know who you're directing them towards.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2019, 05:36:02 PM »

She’s trying to win the Democratic primary so she... takes an interview with Tucker Carlson. What an idiot.

This divisive attitude is going to destroy this country.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies