The South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:02:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  The South (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The South  (Read 12662 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: February 22, 2004, 02:32:35 PM »

BTW, Mississippi's delegation in the US House is split 2-2 in Dems and GOP, and that's with the GOP-slanted gerrymandering.

I remember now... Gene Taylor (D) represents what is normally the most GOP part of MS... ironic, eh?

BTW if MS had a fair map how many seats would each party have?

Roger Wicker (R-MS1) and Gene Taylor (D-MS4) both represent very conservative districts, while Bennie Thompson (D-MS2) represnents the delta, a 2/3 black and very democratic district.

Without gerrymandering, highly republican Southern Madison County (my home) would have been put in District 2 (not affecting the outcome of that race), rather than 3.  In that case, the imcubent vs incumbent race in Disctrict 3 would have been closer.  Unfortunately it was not and Chip Pickering won without much effort.

If the State House plan (less gerrymandered) had been used rather than the State Senate plan, then we'd have 2 Dem, 1 GOP, and 1 very close--I don't know who would have won.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies