The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:31:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 169342 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« on: February 20, 2019, 12:43:09 PM »

Also, I have to say I'm not surprised ChairmanSanchez, who appears to me to be just a step away from being a full on alt-right Nazi, is calling him a HP.

Lol. Even if Sanchez was alt-right, that's much preferable, and perhaps a bit morally superior, to being an unapologetic progressive/communist.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:33:39 AM »

At this point I think this thread should be renamed in  "honor" of Yellowhammer/Pickup Paulite.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 01:22:48 PM »

Yeah Lol Im not shocked the maroons are against gun control. Its quite normal

In fairness, Debs was a brilliant man ahead of his time.

>

> Eugene Debs was a brilliant man ahead of his time

Something doesn't add up here 🤔
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 10:56:16 PM »

Just vote for a write-in Republican instead. Mac Watson and Lee Busby were write-in GOP candidates in 2017. It is never worth voting for a pedophile.

If they're running against a democrat, then hell yeah it is.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 04:43:27 PM »

Could we also not call people who are sexually attracted to 16 year olds pedophiles, please?

A pedophile in medical/psychiatric terms is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescent kids, not to 16 year olds who in any biological sense are adults, if not in a mental sense.

I don't see this as being wrong, 16 is the age of consent in the majority of US states.

That doesn't mean some old fart being attracted to a 16 year old isn't gross and weird though.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 05:00:51 PM »

Could we also not call people who are sexually attracted to 16 year olds pedophiles, please?

A pedophile in medical/psychiatric terms is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescent kids, not to 16 year olds who in any biological sense are adults, if not in a mental sense.

I don't see this as being wrong, 16 is the age of consent in the majority of US states.

That doesn't mean some old fart being attracted to a 16 year old isn't gross and weird though.

The term “pedophile” carries a certain unique cultural stigma which really needs to be applied to those people to - however marginally - reduce the chances of them actually acting on their monsterous and degenerate impulses.

I wouldn't consider an older person liking a 16 year old to be monsterous or degenerate though in and of itself.

You do have to wonder if they would draw the line at 16, or just screw anyone who they can get their paws on, though.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 01:58:51 PM »

"White nationalism" is just a extreme reaction to SJW anti-whitism and open-borderism, led by such horrible institutions attacking freedom of speech like the SPLC.
He's right.

Roll Eyes

White nationalism has been around far longer than muh s jay dubyas.

Modern US white nationalism is just a reaction to racist hicks having less influence in this country.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 11:36:42 AM »

"White nationalism" is just a extreme reaction to SJW anti-whitism and open-borderism, led by such horrible institutions attacking freedom of speech like the SPLC.
He's right.

Roll Eyes

Modern US white nationalism is just a reaction to racist hicks having less influence in this country.

How stupid are you?

What I said is a fact.

White nationalists in this country don't like the fact that the country is becoming more diverse, and they feel threatened by this.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 11:53:37 AM »

He's right.

Roll Eyes

No, it's an adverse reaction to that minorities now wanting to become the oppressors and blame everything on white people.  Now it's their time to be cruel! 
No one is trying to blame everything on white people, but it's understandable why a brown person would feel that way considering the terrible things the Government has done to minorities in the past - but I don't hold that view, I think we have to move forward and forget about the past, unless someone who is currently alive today had an actual role in those past wrongs. society naturally progresses over time, and we can't blame people for the terrible things their ancestors did - so long as they don't make excuses or try to defend those actions.

Also, as someone who has lived in a rural area in NorCal before, I know for a fact that rural whites feel threatened by minorities solely because they exist - I've heard things that sound like they were made up be a left-wing comedian portraying as caricature of a conservative, but those people weren't joking. they were dead serious.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 02:08:38 PM »

Harris is far more progressive tham Sanders and so is Beto

I realize olowakandi may or may not be a bot, but this is still an extremely absurd and ignorant comment.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 08:18:53 PM »

Crooked Hillary, Lyin' Ted, Low-Energy Jeb, Little Marco.

I'd post some ideas but I would probably be moderated for "hatefulness". I'll leave it to the President of the United States.

Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »

I've served in the Atlas War On Trolls. I like to think of it as my own personal Vietnam.

Internets troll do not kill people.
Wars have killed millions of people throughout history.
Making such a comparison is extremely disrespectful towards those who died in war.

You must be fun at parties.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 05:59:22 PM »

Lean R, not part of the Dem path to 270 any more.  Probably only flips in a recession. 
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2019, 03:02:59 PM »

Say what you will about Fuzzy, but to call him alt-right is absolutely insane.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »

Learn to take me less seriously, lol.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 07:07:14 PM »

You should thank me. That post might get deleted, and it needs to be saved somewhere.
I could delete it here just as easily as there.

I do not, in any way, support a new civil war. that's just the kind of emotional reaction I have to someone calling a Confederate General one of the greatest Americans of all time, especially as someone who has an African American SO.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 02:04:35 PM »

Mass genocide of rural/suburban whites in California, Illinois, New York, and Massachusetts. Ridiculous even to imagine, though-- this won't happen until 2022, maybe even 2024 at the latest.

Well, we now have white genocide truthers on here.

Any bets as to how many days it takes for this to become a mainstream position on the Atlas Right? I'm going to put my first guess at five.

Not to defend him, but it seems to me that he was saying a Democrat winning the PV by 10 million votes while losing the electoral college wouldn't happen until 2022 or 2024, not that muh white genocide wouldn't happen until then.

Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 01:55:10 PM »

I just don't know honestly, might just have abstained... Corbyn and Tony Benn, Attlee and MacDonald are the only ones i would have turned out enthusiastically for. I just see no reason to vote for centrist Labourites like Blair and Brown who did anything but help the working class (and in case of Blair even made war crimes), like what's the difference between Blair and Cameron or Blair and Reagan. I honestly don't know.

And centrists sometimes aren't better than right-wing candidates... See Macron. I honestly think Marine Le Pen would be better for the working class in France. I might've supported Macron once, but now i'm leaning towards Le Pen if the second round is repeated. We already know what we get if we vote for centrists and it's horrible, why not give the right a chance. At least economically they're better candidates, and all i care about is working class interests economically and the environment (and maybe some social policies).

I know more from US politics than UK politics although, that might explain the weird voting pattern. I don't know Milliband and a lot of the other past Labour candidates i voted for.

I agreed with this up until he mentioned Le Pen. fascists must be stopped at all costs, even if it means voting for a neoliberal centrist over them.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 01:31:43 PM »

I just don't know honestly, might just have abstained... Corbyn and Tony Benn, Attlee and MacDonald are the only ones i would have turned out enthusiastically for. I just see no reason to vote for centrist Labourites like Blair and Brown who did anything but help the working class (and in case of Blair even made war crimes), like what's the difference between Blair and Cameron or Blair and Reagan. I honestly don't know.

And centrists sometimes aren't better than right-wing candidates... See Macron. I honestly think Marine Le Pen would be better for the working class in France. I might've supported Macron once, but now i'm leaning towards Le Pen if the second round is repeated. We already know what we get if we vote for centrists and it's horrible, why not give the right a chance. At least economically they're better candidates, and all i care about is working class interests economically and the environment (and maybe some social policies).

I know more from US politics than UK politics although, that might explain the weird voting pattern. I don't know Milliband and a lot of the other past Labour candidates i voted for.

I agreed with this up until he mentioned Le Pen. fascists must be stopped at all costs, even if it means voting for a neoliberal centrist over them.

Le Pen isn't fascist? (i mean Marine).
Semantics. she's a far-right reactionary.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »

Le Pen isn't fascist? (i mean Marine).
Semantics. she's a far-right reactionary.

All politics is reactionary. This isn't just "semantics;" fascism does not apply at all to Marine Le Pen.

Well she's far-right and definitely not of the "abolish all taxes and turn this country into Somalia" variety...
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 02:55:01 PM »

Seth MacFarlane's brand of "liberalism" is mostly annoying and unfunny and The Simpsons is way past it's prime and rarely funny anymore, so... South Park it is, I guess.

I posted that specifically to trigger you, lol.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 02:58:05 PM »

So he's saying there is a chance... Smile

Thats insane. Honestly, Capito will probably outrun Trump substantially.

Considering Trump may very well get 70% in West Virginia, I very highly doubt that.

To think that Trump has any chance of coming close to repeating his 42 point 2016 win in West Virginia in 2020, let alone surpassing it is flat out ridiculous. This thread ought to be renamed after Enlightened Centrist.

To think that the Democratic nominee will win the popular vote by 12% in 2020 is absolutely ridiculous. I didn't say Trump would do better in West Virginia than he did in 2016 (though he very well could), I was saying he might hit 70% because of a lower third party vote.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 12:52:48 PM »

Southern blacks have always been polled as having high anti-Semitic attitudes, so I'm not sure why this is supposed to be surprising.

Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2019, 03:31:50 PM »

And predictably, the sex-starved males of Atlas come out of the woodwork to defend Snowflake Robbie.

You and your 112 posts haven't been around long enough to say "predicably" around here. 

I defend innocent human life, which begins at conception, complete with a God-given soul.  That this woman cannot even acknowledge that this is, indeed, what it's about for those of us who do view abortion as the taking of an innocent human life, is how depraved she is.

Somewhere in your city, there is a lab full of fertilized embryos, some of which may be implanted in the uteruses of women trying to get pregnant, others which will likely sit there and "wither on the vine" or perhaps turn rotten after a power outage or lab worker error causes them to melt.

Are they also "God-given souls"? When they get thrown out, have they "died"? Why don't they get a funeral? When they go to Heaven, do they get to turn into "real" people or are they just doomed to remain as little tadpole-like creatures that squirm around and can't speak or think?

A fertilized egg, growing and developing inside the womb, is a human being.

I assure you that these souls, in Heaven, will be ever with the Lord, worshipping Jesus for all eternity in His Glory, just as I will.  Christ's redemptive work on the Cross was for them as well as for you and I.

So the fertilized embryos in the lab aren't people, then?

But that contradicts your view that life begins at conception.

So does life not begin until implantation?

Which is it?

This is a really important question that needs to be answered. Fuzzy must clarify whether he believes personhood begins at fertilization or implantation (either term can be referred to as "conception").

You're the Death Advocate.  I've expressed myself.  You tell me where YOU think human life begins, because if I'm wrong, no human being gets killed (in an abortion) but if you're wrong, human beings get killed.

You have a far greater obligation to specify what you believe because the consequences of your error are greater.

I somewhat agree with this, other than the "Death Advocate" part.  but regardless, I'm pro-choice.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2019, 06:18:28 PM »

Massive FF move. I want my undocumented friends and neighbors being protected by the government, not persecuted by it.

I see nothing absurd or ignorant about having empathy for undocumented immigrants who are upstanding members of the community and not a threat to anyone.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies