GA-6 Special election discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 03:43:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 257428 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »

If Dem candidates get more votes than total Repub candidates, wouldn't the Dem be favored in a runoff?

50/50.. don't forget that some voters are going to die... 2 months it's long...

Factoring in voters dying is not exactly an optimistic strategy.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 09:35:36 PM »

Looks like my instinct to be skeptical of that RRH poll was right, because they low balled Ossoff big time.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »

To be fair, the Fulton County elections office is in Downtown Atlanta, which is quite a ways from the northern county portions of the district. It can take time to get the results down to the office.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 10:07:35 PM »

I have a small request for my fellow Dems  - PLEASE STOP BLOWING UP THE EARLY VOTE. It makes for a disappointing election night every time.

Early voting and voting by mail are preferred by Democratic campaigns. In areas where those options are available, the campaigns will push for people to bank their votes early.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 10:23:53 PM »

Bob Gray's twitter endorsement of Karen Handel included the words "we wish her godspeed". That doesn't sound confidence inspiring.

Translation: I hate her and only God can help her.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 11:00:47 PM »

Given the amount of butthurtness of the Dem base, they won't believe the Fulton result which will put Ossoff way under 50... These computer problems will again led to Russia nonsense. But ok, more to joke for us.

All in all, the Dems and their media can spin  as long as they want, losing a Trump +1  District with approximately 6 to 8 points means loses in the House. No way to be afraid of.

Sit down.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2017, 11:08:47 PM »

Gray people don't seem to like Handel if reading Twitter is any indication. Of course, that's not the best sampling of voters, but Trump fans are the types that will refuse to show up for someone who doesn't support Trump and Handel doesn't seem like a Trump supporter.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2017, 11:10:42 PM »

Given the amount of butthurtness of the Dem base, they won't believe the Fulton result which will put Ossoff way under 50... These computer problems will again led to Russia nonsense. But ok, more to joke for us.
Who said that

Go to twitter, the amount of sh**t coming from their accounts is frightening...

I find it interesting that almost none of them actually live in GA06 either.

Why? Is this your first time on the internet?

No, just pointing out the facts. Hollyweirdos and Kalifornia fruitcakes desperately poured millions into this seat because they can't get over Hillary! losing.

Conservatives did the same with Scott Brown because they could get over John McCain losing. If I recall they were playing Sweet Home Alabama at his rallies, which made no sense in a northeastern state.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2017, 11:19:30 PM »

It's also interesting to note that 2016 was Price's worst performance in the district and he was running against a candidate that no one even knows. There are some interesting trends in the district and that is why Ossoff has a chance.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 12:04:46 AM »

A loss is a loss. More proof that the Democrats need to move to the center. This isn't Kenosha. A DLC Democrat like Zell Miller might've had a chance here.

For one thing, Kenosha is in a district that sends super conservative Paul Ryan to Congress and second, someone like Zell Miller would have never had a chance in GA-6. Those types used to win in rural areas, but never played well in suburbs. Why don't you just say you are rooting for Karen Handel and be honest? You switched to Republican after all.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »

Gabriel Debenedetti @gdebenedetti
•'16 margin in KS4: R+31. '17: +7 (-24 swing)
•'16 margin in GA-06: R+24. '17: ~even (-24ish)
•'16 in MT-AL: R+15
•'16 in SC-5: R+20
You guys dropped $10 million on this race and matched Clinton's performance
It would be more productive to worry about your side's prospects. Republicans barely forced a runoff in a traditionally Republican district.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 12:24:25 AM »

It's like some here do not know that there is a run-off.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 12:50:47 AM »

The attack ad on selling his documentaries to al jazeera was just propaganda bullbleep, but I will have to give credit to the republicans on the fact that Mr. Ossoff does not even live in the district he is running for, not to mention getting most all his money from outside the state, it is clear to me that his loyalties do not lie with the 6th district. He is just trying to ride a blue wave into office. Honestly he still has my support, since he was better than the 17 others, (well I did not look at the other dems that much since they were not viable) but compared with other practical options, he was the best one. And between Handel and him, I still support him. He is the lesser of all buffoons, but none the less, I am not a big fan of his.

I think you are trying way too hard.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 02:54:45 PM »

Why does Sanders' opinion even matter? He needs to retire, because his holy roller act is old.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2017, 07:15:38 PM by Invisible Obama »

Why does Sanders' opinion even matter? He needs to retire, because his holy roller act is old.

...because he's undeniably the most popular and influential political figure in the United States right now?

My point is that his opinion in this race isn't exactly that relevant, because the district isn't the sort of area where he would play well. Ossoff hardly needs his blessing or approval and the same can be said of other candidates.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »

The only reason those laws are even proposed is to suppress non-Republican votes. It serves to create the same outcome as gerrymandering does and that is to create built in electoral advantages.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 10:27:09 PM »

It's not a tie, it's a 1% lead. Considering who his opponent is and the fact that he well over performed every single poll in the primary, I have no doubt that he can win the seat.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 10:50:24 PM »

It's not a tie, it's a 1% lead. Considering who his opponent is and the fact that he well over performed every single poll in the primary, I have no doubt that he can win the seat.
Just like you said it was impossible for Trump to win?

Lots of people said that. Miss "I Like To Get Barked At, I'm a celebrity fake grinning at the camera" should be running away with this by double digits. If anything, Ossoff is in Trump's position, because he is an outsider and Handel is an office shopper.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2017, 10:57:05 PM »

Lots of people said that. Miss "I Like To Get Barked At, I'm a celebrity fake grinning at the camera" should be running away with this by double digits. If anything, Ossoff is in Trump's position, because he is an outsider and Handel is an office shopper.
A career party hack is not an "outsider" despite what dnc fundraising emails are telling you

He's never been elected to office and has only run once, so that sounds like an outsider.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 11:07:09 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2017, 11:34:46 PM by Invisible Obama »

A career party hack is not an "outsider" despite what dnc fundraising emails are telling you

He's never been elected to office and has only run once, so that sounds like an outsider.
By that logic Reince Preibus could be considered an outsider. He may not have won an office but he is a political operative and party hack otherwise the democrats would not have rallied around him so quickly or have pumped millions into his campaign

Instead of pointless arguing, you should go volunteer for Karen Handel.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2017, 09:19:45 AM »

I wouldn't say that this stupid "outsider" thing is very important in a district like GA-06 of all places.

Internal polls are often quite accurate and I wouldn't dismiss this poll, but it definitely looks like this race is not "Lean Ossoff" but rather a Tossup, regardless of what Invisible Obama wants you to believe. 53-47 or 52-48 Handel would be my prediction for now. Ossoff seems to have a very high floor, but getting him to 50%+1 will be extremely difficult.

When does early voting begin, btw?

Someone is triggered. All I go by is what the public eats up and being a first time candidate up against a office shopping, scripted politician is a plus.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2017, 01:27:09 PM »

Campaigns always release internal polls for a reason. Ossoff+1 sends the perfect message to potential activists/donors: "WOW GUYS WE ARE IN THE LEAD THIS IS SO AWESOME BUT JESUS LOOK HOW CLOSE IT IS SO Y'ALL BETTER SEND US SOME CASH MONEY RIGHT THE HELL NOW"

It hits the perfect spot, building optimism without anyone getting complacent

He's received enough money. In fact a little too much, any more would just be ridiculous... We cannot empty our coffers on one special congressional election in a red district. It's time to fund Montana at large, and save up for 2018.

Thanks for the concern.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2017, 04:33:41 PM »

Apparently, Handel's going to free the black slaves from the Democrats

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/kfile-karen-handel-husband-tweet/index.html

The husband of Republican congressional candidate Karen Handel shared an image on his Twitter timeline Tuesday that urged voters to support his wife in order to "free the black slaves from the Democratic plantation."

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »

Apparently, Handel's going to free the black slaves from the Democrats

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/kfile-karen-handel-husband-tweet/index.html

The husband of Republican congressional candidate Karen Handel shared an image on his Twitter timeline Tuesday that urged voters to support his wife in order to "free the black slaves from the Democratic plantation."

What the hell was he thinking?

Did he really want his wife to lose? Did he want to discourage Black people from voting R? I assume so.

There is radio bit similar to this on Kiss 104.1 but doesn't specify a candidate. 

Ok, this is absolutely egregious. Is everyone sure this is real, or did snopes pull a prank on us? This is low even for the GOP...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is real. And Snopes doesn't pull pranks, they never have and that site has nothing to do with this.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2017, 11:40:17 AM »

It's probably safe to say that he already won a number of Republicans in the primary. He can't win the race without some Republican votes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies