Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:55:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 37347 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: February 05, 2010, 12:45:47 AM »

Endorsed
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 12:57:49 AM »

It doesn't surprise me that Vane would, but you SPC? Really?
I am WAYY CLOSER TO YOU THAN NORTH CAROLINA YANKEE WILL EVER BE.

I was under the impression that you were running a joke campaign.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 10:28:13 PM »

Ladies and Gentleman if you have any questions, my door is open. Smiley

VK Reporter: Sir, are you worried about Mr. SPC, making a noinses about his mysterious internal poll, where he claims to have a lead?

I never claimed to have lead in this race. Yankee's own poll is evidence that the race is closer than one would expect, and to claim that my support has "collapsed" is disingenuous since the poll showing Yankee with a larger lead was taken first.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 09:45:24 PM »

Could you provide citation for said bill to abolish regional senate seats? Additionally, the idea that my election would put regional senate seats in jeopardy is ludicrous; Such a proposal would require support from 7 senators, when we both know that one would be hard-pressed to find 7 senators to favor abolition of regional senate seats. Given that you are the Dean of the Senate and supposedly have so much sway among your fellow Senators, why not propose legislation to grant the regions more power, rather than simply trying to maintain the status quo?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 10:30:33 PM »

I did not say your election would put them in danger. I said I am a more effective advocate of Regional rights and used that as evidence to support it.

I don't have the link available. But it was last November. And yes it was very close to passing. The final results just don't show how close we came. With Rowan facing potential prosecution and expulsion from the Senate, Franzl having shifted against regions and Afleitch on the fence. It looked like we were going to lose. Especially before Hans succeeded Jas.

You don't remember this? At all? 
I think I figured out why you didn't cite the legislation in question (which I managed to find here, after searching through ten pages of Senate debates). Anyway, I combed through all fifteen pages of the bill's debate, and you only posted once to vote against it, while DWTL and PiT were actively arguing against it. I would hardly call that "effective" at persuading a supposedly hostile Senate to reject it, and I would say that you are giving yourself way too much credit for its defeat if at all. The legislation in question was not calling for the direct abolition of regional senate seats, but merely the devolving of authority on running Senate elections to the regions. While I don't favor electing senators on an at-large basis, its not as horrific as a federal mandata to do so. The fact the the anti-regionalist Franzl is now a member of the Regional Protection Party proves my point about how the Regional Protection Party has strayed from its original purpose.

Additionally, while I was doing your work for you in searching for the legislation in question, I also managed to find this bill in which you voted against competing currencies, which was a contested matter of debate for the original RPP.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 10:42:53 PM »

I did not say your election would put them in danger. I said I am a more effective advocate of Regional rights and used that as evidence to support it.

I don't have the link available. But it was last November. And yes it was very close to passing. The final results just don't show how close we came. With Rowan facing potential prosecution and expulsion from the Senate, Franzl having shifted against regions and Afleitch on the fence. It looked like we were going to lose. Especially before Hans succeeded Jas.

You don't remember this? At all? 
I think I figured out why you didn't cite the legislation in question (which I managed to find here, after searching through ten pages of Senate debates). Anyway, I combed through all fifteen pages of the bill's debate, and you only posted once to vote against it, while DWTL and PiT were actively arguing against it. I would hardly call that "effective" at persuading a supposedly hostile Senate to reject it, and I would say that you are giving yourself way too much credit for its defeat if at all. The legislation in question was not calling for the direct abolition of regional senate seats, but merely the devolving of authority on running Senate elections to the regions. While I don't favor electing senators on an at-large basis, its not as horrific as a federal mandata to do so. The fact the the anti-regionalist Franzl is now a member of the Regional Protection Party proves my point about how the Regional Protection Party has strayed from its original purpose.

Additionally, while I was doing your work for you in searching for the legislation in question, I also managed to find this bill in which you voted against competing currencies, which was a contested matter of debate for the original RPP.

You have the wrong bill.

That was the only bill I could find in Novemberish that was related to regional senate seats. Do you mean to tell me that the Senate tried twice within a month to accomplish the same goal?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »

That was a 2009 bill, and you even voted Nay, which was your only post in the thread.

Anyway, now that you've helped me locate the bill in question, I can see that you only made one comment during the whole debate, which was to make a sarcastic joke about Fritz's referring to regional senate races as uncompetitive. I didn't realize that your sarcasm was so effective at defeating legislation.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »

I do admit that I bear fault for going inactive for periods of time when the riggedness of the game irritates me. Anyway, looking at the vote over the Amendment Amendment, it seems like the only reason it failed was because RowanBrandon wasn't thrown out of the Senate. As far as your supposed influence on getting the Senate to reject bad legislation, you even admit that:
Its not like you ever paid attention to what I had to say anyway.

Sounds like you were victim to the same disrespect that you claim other Senators would give to me if I were elected.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 11:17:23 PM »

The sarcastic remark I thought was quite effective at destroying the assertion that At-Large seats are more competative by showing the special election history. That was one of the most prominent arguements for Abolition combined with the arguement that it would prevent strategic registration, something which was caused by elements within the RPP that I stood firmyl against some of whom left and formed the party you currently retain membership in.  Fortunately most of the Populares are now firmly Pro-Regional Senate seats and most were all along.

Since my rise to leadership the RPP has been returned to its pro-Regioanlist roots that certain folks seemed to no longer care about. This is established fact. There has not been a single organized effort to abandon regionalism within the party since.
I hardly condone the actions of Hamilton. I joined Populares since it seemed that libertarians had gained control of that party, not due to any support of an anti-regionalist plot by Hamilton. If you are going to use guilt-by-association against me, then you would also have to apply that against our Presidential candidate. Also, if you are going to use your record of effectiveness against me, it ought to be remembered that if not for my efforts in my days (before you were even a member of Atlasia), the Regional Protection Party wouldn't even exist and regional senate seats would have been abolished a long time ago. Alas, I was unsuccessful in stopping the amendment to abolish district seats led by Jas and President Colin "I don't give a sh**t about the regions" Wixted.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 11:25:13 PM »

I think I made it clear earlier that I would have voted against the amendment to allow regions to form partnerships. And don't take anything I say personally, I respect you for the work you did within the RPP and stopping Hamilton. I am running based on policy, and your voting record shows a willingness to increase the size of the federal government. In the spirit of the game, I hope to give the IDS a competitive senate election for once.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 11:39:44 PM »

I dont' deny the work you have done in the past. This race is not about the past however, it is about the future. And whether you have the relationships and ability to build the relationships with the current players who are very different from way back then.

In my last stint in the Senate, I changed HappyWarrior from one of my most vehement critics to lamenting my loss. I don't see why I couldn't do so again with current Senators. By the way, if the race isn't about the past, then isn't mentioning your victory over the anti-regionalist hydra irrelevent?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 11:50:32 PM »

Anyway, I don't believe you ever answered my question about introducing legislation to expand the powers of the regions rather than simply leaving them as is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies