Who will have a better showing? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:16:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who will have a better showing? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will have a better showing?
Pawlenty

Huntsman

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Who will have a better showing?  (Read 1656 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« on: August 02, 2011, 02:03:56 PM »

Huntsman.  Pawlenty has already peaked.  Huntsman is TBD but it'd be hard to perform worse than Pawlenty relative to expectations (or just about any other measure).
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »

Well since I think Huntsman has some chance of becoming POTUS with odds a bit more than fanciful, and T-Paw does not ...

How would he win the nomination, Torie?

Mittens needs to stumble, and Huntsman needs to impress in the debates, and probably show substantially better than Mittens against Obama in the polls. I don't think the rest of the field is in the hunt. They are all losers - all of them. Give it time. T-Paw will be out in the near future. That leaves two candidates with some credibility. Yes, Perry will start out with some, but will fade in a hurry if he is foolish enough to get into this fray. With the klieg lights on him, it won't take long.

This is, roughly, my view of Huntsman and my basis for support.  Huntsman does have a path if he can present himself as the authentic statesman the GOP primary currently lacks, but someone is going to have to really stick it to Romney for that to happen.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »

I seem to recall that Huntsman was a willing part of the Obama administration.  If so, why do I need to see any debates?

What a strange thing to say.

All Huntsman needs to say in response to this Obama administration stuff is "I wanted to serve my country".  It's like questioning an Army general for serving under a Democratic president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies