MD Sen Democratic primary: Who wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:35:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD Sen Democratic primary: Who wins?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Select one
Angela Alsobrooks

David Trone

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: MD Sen Democratic primary: Who wins?  (Read 4040 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2024, 09:07:25 AM »

Probably Trone. Either one will underperform Biden by a lot... and still very easily win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2024, 03:07:10 PM »

Alsobrooks
kwabbit

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2024, 03:11:43 PM »

I'm thinking Trone at this point. PPP not giving the primary numbers is telling. There's only six days left and Trone has been in the driver's seat the entire time. Alsobrooks just hasn't made a compelling enough case as to why Trone supporters should switch to her. Despite her endorsements, she doesn't have an ideological angle or an electability angle to persuade people. She's relying solely on the endorsements and on making history as a Black woman, but that doesn't make enough of a difference.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2024, 04:09:05 AM »

I'm thinking Trone at this point. PPP not giving the primary numbers is telling. There's only six days left and Trone has been in the driver's seat the entire time. Alsobrooks just hasn't made a compelling enough case as to why Trone supporters should switch to her. Despite her endorsements, she doesn't have an ideological angle or an electability angle to persuade people. She's relying solely on the endorsements and on making history as a Black woman, but that doesn't make enough of a difference.
I honestly think the black argument probably has some value. Aren't black voters the race most likely to vote for their own? I have a hard time seeing Brandon beat Vallas in the Chicago mayoral race if the races were reversed for example.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2024, 04:54:20 PM »

At this point I think Trone.

Alsobrooks waited way too late to energize her campaign and enlist the Maryland Dem establishment to help her.

Not a fan of Trone but it feels the money and his early ground game will be decisive.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2024, 07:42:46 PM »

I voted for Alsobrooks. In this poll and IRL
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2024, 07:47:48 PM »

Alsobrooks likely wins very narrowly.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2024, 02:49:52 AM »

Seems like Alsobrooks might be getting the late deciders vote.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2024, 02:50:27 PM »

I think Alsobrooks narrowly takes it.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2024, 06:58:24 PM »

Emily’s List and such groups have really been pumping money in for her, from what I’ve seen.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2024, 07:07:02 PM »

As was her strategy. Even if it fails, her campaign never could consistently counter Trone's mountain of cash, and would just be buried if her resources her dispersed. So instead they opted to exponentially ramp things up close to the end when opinions matter most. Even though that required sacrifices and unfavorable narratives that have permutated even this board. If those late deciders are primarily African American, then the campaign planned their strategy especially well. 
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2024, 10:56:13 PM »

I predict Trone will win, but my electoral predictions are usually worth as much as an endorsement -- worth a thimble full of s*it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2024, 10:59:45 PM »

I predict Trone. I see about 20 Trone ads for every Alsobrooks ad. Sad.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2024, 05:36:30 AM »

Pretty comfortable Trone win, unfortunately.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2024, 11:22:43 AM »

Exciting that Alsobrooks, will be the next blk Senator
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2024, 11:46:12 AM »

Alsobrooks
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2024, 12:02:05 PM »

Alsobrooks. Same reason Ben Jealous took on 2018 and not Rushern Baker.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2024, 01:34:32 PM »

Trone.
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2024, 06:19:17 PM »

Trone
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2024, 07:39:05 AM »

Fwiw I am a doomer and think Total Wineman takes it. He shouldn’t - he’s certainly not more electable than Alsobrooks - but I think he’s just got too much money.
DK_Mo82
Rookie
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2024, 05:49:09 PM »

It's basically a toss up but I have been unimpressed with Trone so far.. Alsobrooks may have slight edge if forced to choose, Race Polarization could be significant in the Democratic primary.

I never imaged I say this but Alsobrooks is not a shoe-in to beat Hogan if she makes that far.  She probably wins anyway due to it being a pres year but man these are bad candidates when you compare to Gallego or the California field..
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2024, 05:56:36 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2024, 06:01:38 PM by Roll Roons »

It's basically a toss up but I have been unimpressed with Trone so far.. Alsobrooks may have slight edge if forced to choose, Race Polarization could be significant in the Democratic primary.

I never imaged I say this but Alsobrooks is not a shoe-in to beat Hogan if she makes that far.  She probably wins anyway due to it being a pres year but man these are bad candidates when you compare to Gallego or the California field..

Democrats wouldn't have had to bring their A-game in this race against anyone but Hogan, but he didn't announce until the day of the filing deadline and until then, there was zero indication that he was going to run.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2024, 08:48:27 PM »

Democrats wouldn't have had to bring their A-game in this race against anyone but Hogan, but he didn't announce until the day of the filing deadline and until then, there was zero indication that he was going to run.

Yes, the Hogan announcement scrambled the race.

If you told someone a year ago that the Maryland senate race would be more competitive than the Virginia race, they wouldn't have believed you. Now you have Hogan looking competitive for now, and absolutely no one thinks Virginia is competitive.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2024, 02:26:35 AM »

If you told someone a year ago that the Maryland senate race would be more competitive than the Virginia race, they wouldn't have believed you. Now you have Hogan looking competitive for now, and absolutely no one thinks Virginia is competitive.

Relatively competitive. Virginia is just a wee bit darker a shade of safe blue.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2024, 02:02:51 PM »

Relatively competitive. Virginia is just a wee bit darker a shade of safe blue.

That is fair, but it's remarkable how little activity we see in VA compared to MD, given how different they are politically.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies