Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:38:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 64
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 95516 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2019, 12:03:28 AM »

Also Dance, Dance is the exception. That song is trash.

I guess even when like the same band, we don't like the same songs. What a shame.
You like Fall Out Boy?

I just hope you don't like their post-From Under the Cork Tree work. Now THAT is bad. On the other hand Take This To Your Grave has no real bad tracks, just a few that are good but fillerish near the end.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2019, 12:04:36 AM »

Also the first two Taking Back Sunday albums are better than any Beatles album.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2019, 10:06:14 AM »

Jones would edge out Moore in a rematch again.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #378 on: June 26, 2019, 10:26:28 AM »

I don’t think that qualifies as a hot take - at least against Moore.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #379 on: June 26, 2019, 10:28:02 AM »

I don’t think that qualifies as a hot take - at least against Moore.

Really? I thought the general consensus is a 15-20 point loss against a generic republican, and a 5-10 point loss against Moore?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #380 on: July 03, 2019, 12:31:24 AM »

EMILY's List is a front group for the Democratic establishment posing as a women's advocacy PAC.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2019, 01:00:15 AM »

EMILY's List is a front group for the Democratic establishment posing as a women's advocacy PAC.

This so much.
They of course have the criteria for endorsing candidates that they publicly post as having to help give sway to their endorsements among more people, and they have hidden criteria based on the interests of many of their donors.

Just like Andrew Cuomos "Womens Equality Party" farce.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #382 on: July 03, 2019, 01:50:24 PM »

Democrats completely failed to play their hand to the extent they could done with regards to the Kavanaugh situation in late 2018, very much severely underplaying their hand, as had they focused heavily on pushing the point to the maximum possible extent, instead of just not really talking about the issue very much if at all for the most part, then they could have easily gotten the disapproval ratings of Kavanaugh up to the low-70s, with the following electoral effects:

Bill Nelson, Beto O Rourke, Claire McCaskill, Joe Donnelly, Mike Espy, Phil Bredesen, Heidi Heitkamp win their Senate races; 54-46 Democratic Senate

Andrew Gillum, Stacey Abrams, Fred Hubbell, Billie Sutton, Richard Cordray, Mark Begich, Molly Kelly, James Smith, Ben Jealous, Drew Edmondson win their Gubernatorial races; 33-17 Democratic Distribution

296 to 139 Democratic Control of the House by winning the following Districts:

NC-09, GA-07, NY-27, TX-23, MN-01, IL-13, KS-02, NE-02, PA-01, TX-21, PA-10, TX-31, TX-24, KY-06, IA-04, CA-50, MO-02, NY-01, OH-12, TX-10, PA-16, OH-01, MI-06, MT-01, TX-22, NY-24, WA-03, CA-22, MN-08, NC-02, FL-15, NC-13, IL-12, NY-02, AR-02, VA-05, AK-01, TX-02, MI-07, TX-06, CO-03, CA-04, NY-23, FL-18, TX-25, FL-16, WA-05, IN-02, CA-01, TX-03, AZ-06, VA-01, OH-14, NC-08, AZ-08, WV-02, WI-06, MI-03, WI-01, NJ-04, MI-02
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #383 on: July 03, 2019, 02:54:15 PM »

Democrats completely failed to play their hand to the extent they could done with regards to the Kavanaugh situation in late 2018, very much severely underplaying their hand, as had they focused heavily on pushing the point to the maximum possible extent, instead of just not really talking about the issue very much if at all for the most part, then they could have easily gotten the disapproval ratings of Kavanaugh up to the low-70s, with the following electoral effects:

Bill Nelson, Beto O Rourke, Claire McCaskill, Joe Donnelly, Mike Espy, Phil Bredesen, Heidi Heitkamp win their Senate races; 54-46 Democratic Senate

Andrew Gillum, Stacey Abrams, Fred Hubbell, Billie Sutton, Richard Cordray, Mark Begich, Molly Kelly, James Smith, Ben Jealous, Drew Edmondson win their Gubernatorial races; 33-17 Democratic Distribution

296 to 139 Democratic Control of the House by winning the following Districts:

NC-09, GA-07, NY-27, TX-23, MN-01, IL-13, KS-02, NE-02, PA-01, TX-21, PA-10, TX-31, TX-24, KY-06, IA-04, CA-50, MO-02, NY-01, OH-12, TX-10, PA-16, OH-01, MI-06, MT-01, TX-22, NY-24, WA-03, CA-22, MN-08, NC-02, FL-15, NC-13, IL-12, NY-02, AR-02, VA-05, AK-01, TX-02, MI-07, TX-06, CO-03, CA-04, NY-23, FL-18, TX-25, FL-16, WA-05, IN-02, CA-01, TX-03, AZ-06, VA-01, OH-14, NC-08, AZ-08, WV-02, WI-06, MI-03, WI-01, NJ-04, MI-02
NUT
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #384 on: July 13, 2019, 03:10:02 AM »

Atlas has become 99% unreadable in the recent months due to a large influx of bigots, and calling it a liberal echochamber is hilarious. We have a guy still prancing around after having a Hitler quote in his sig, and several posters who consistently appear to make the most disgusting transphobic and homophobic comments in every thread vaguely related to these issues. If anyone made these types of comments but with racism, they'd be rightfully banned, but by tolerating them this site is quickly becoming toxic fo LGBT+ people and honestly anyone who is a halfway decent person. Sad!
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #385 on: July 13, 2019, 02:31:49 PM »

Atlas has become 99% unreadable in the recent months due to a large influx of bigots, and calling it a liberal echochamber is hilarious. We have a guy still prancing around after having a Hitler quote in his sig, and several posters who consistently appear to make the most disgusting transphobic and homophobic comments in every thread vaguely related to these issues. If anyone made these types of comments but with racism, they'd be rightfully banned, but by tolerating them this site is quickly becoming toxic fo LGBT+ people and honestly anyone who is a halfway decent person. Sad!

This isn't a bad or unpopular take by any means. There's a reason I don't post much anymore outside of mod duties.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2019, 02:58:23 PM »

You called me homophobic yesterday for saying I didn't like drag queen story hour. Simply put, I question your ability to accurately identify bigotry without projecting your own personal vendettas onto others.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #387 on: July 14, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »

People tend to heavily overstate how much of Ohio is rural.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #388 on: July 14, 2019, 02:26:22 PM »

That's not a take. It's a statement of fact.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: July 14, 2019, 02:41:19 PM »

It’s neither. Both of you are angry drama queens, nothing more. One brouhaha about a Stormer and religious/philosophical differences with Fuzzy (who you guys treat absolutely horribly because you’ve basically built an entire narrative about him that you know is untrue, but whatever) does not a Nazi filled forum make. I mean, if you guys are that threatened by us, why don’t you leave?

I mean seriously if Andrew is this bothered by Atlas forum, than I also highly recommend he skip his trip to Florida, because I’m genuinely concerned he’ll have a panic attack the minute he sees a MAGA sticker on a passing car on the Turnpike.

If we’re going to ban anyone, how about we get rid of Partotguy, who regularly defends the Apartheid policies of his country on this forum.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #390 on: July 14, 2019, 02:57:37 PM »

It’s neither. Both of you are angry drama queens, nothing more. One brouhaha about a Stormer and religious/philosophical differences with Fuzzy (who you guys treat absolutely horribly because you’ve basically built an entire narrative about him that you know is untrue, but whatever) does not a Nazi filled forum make. I mean, if you guys are that threatened by us, why don’t you leave?

I mean seriously if Andrew is this bothered by Atlas forum, than I also highly recommend he skip his trip to Florida, because I’m genuinely concerned he’ll have a panic attack the minute he sees a MAGA sticker on a passing car on the Turnpike.

If we’re going to ban anyone, how about we get rid of Partotguy, who regularly defends the Apartheid policies of his country on this forum.

Actually last time it was a good car game; 10 points extra if the driver had a 'Blue Lives Matter' sticker, or wore black out shades. 20 points extra if they wore socks with shorts and had one of those weird skull decals.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #391 on: July 14, 2019, 03:22:01 PM »

>Two gay people complain about homophobia (which btw was not related at all to Matthew or Fuzzy)
> "drama queens!"

>defends mass-murderer Assad who gasses his own people
>defending Israel is evil

Oh boy
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #392 on: July 14, 2019, 03:29:33 PM »

Just Stop
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2019, 03:46:42 PM »

Complaining about people using Friends and/or The Office as "personality traits" (which I'd argue is a strawman, but that's probably another post) is just complaining about normies with extra steps. That's not to say that they deserve the worship of normies, but hey, people like what they like, even if it was completely run into the ground.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »

Complaining about people using Friends and/or The Office as "personality traits" (which I'd argue is a strawman, but that's probably another post) is just complaining about normies with extra steps. That's not to say that they deserve the worship of normies, but hey, people like what they like, even if it was completely run into the ground.

Doesn’t mean you should make it the centerpiece of your dating profile.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #395 on: July 14, 2019, 04:59:31 PM »

Doesn’t mean you should make it the centerpiece of your dating profile.
I disagree--it helps you weed out the less descript.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #396 on: July 14, 2019, 05:00:20 PM »

Thank you Sanchez for proving Parrotguy's point, very cool!
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #397 on: July 14, 2019, 06:06:41 PM »

I find it hilarious and revealing that Sanchez tries to intimidate people he disagrees with by using their first names sometimes in his posts.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #398 on: July 14, 2019, 06:11:13 PM »

To be fair, anyone complaining that this forum has a homophobia problem either hasn't paid attention or is just making things up.

It's literally a meme here that all posters are considered gay until proven straight.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #399 on: July 14, 2019, 06:14:08 PM »

I find it hilarious and revealing that Sanchez tries to intimidate people he disagrees with by using their first names sometimes in his posts.
Reach any deeper and you’ll fall into the barrel.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies