The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:04:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Author Topic: The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself  (Read 54080 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2013, 02:35:47 PM »

I rather enjoy being lectured about sex by people who have zero experience with it. I feel like I'm at the Vatican.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »

That seems entirely reasonable, drj.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »

That seems entirely reasonable, drj.

Just googled... yeah, it is.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2013, 03:08:09 PM »

I rather enjoy being lectured about sex by people who have zero experience with it. I feel like I'm at the Vatican.

I think it's safe to say that most of the people lecturing you have more experience than your average Atlas poster.

But, anyway, that's entirely besides the point.  You shouldn't actually need experience to be able to understand why and how sexual harassment against women is pervasive, and damaging, and very very wrong.  You just need to not be a clueless, privileged blockhead.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2013, 03:15:26 PM »

I think it's safe to say that most of the people lecturing you have more experience than your average Atlas poster.

But, anyway, that's entirely besides the point.  You shouldn't actually need experience to be able to understand why and how sexual harassment against women is pervasive, and damaging, and very very wrong.  You just need to not be a clueless, privileged blockhead.
1. You may want to re-read the first few pages of this thread.
2. If you define any invitation for sex ever as harassment, you're going to die a virgin. Somebody has to initiate somewhere.
3. Enjoy your self-imposed loneliness. Glad it makes you feel superior.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2013, 03:26:25 PM »

1. You may want to re-read the first few pages of this thread.
2. If you define any invitation for sex ever as harassment, you're going to die a virgin. Somebody has to initiate somewhere.

2. Nobody's defining any invitation for sex ever as harassment, memphis. The fact that you can't seem to figure out how to finesse that distinction isn't our fault.
3. Sexlessness and loneliness are not the same thing, unless your emotional and spiritual faculties are entirely disengaged.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2013, 03:33:50 PM »

I rather enjoy my current relationship status, thank you very much.

Said relationship status, by the way, is "living with the woman I've been dating for over three years now".  Again, not that that means anything- except that you're making wild assumptions, and you know what they say about assumptions.

Perhaps you should go and re-read this post, for it speaks the truth:

Ordinarily I couldn't say this, but as most of the posters arguing with Memphis are among the more socially aware (and least sexually frustrated) members of this community, I'm confident that most of us have had plenty of positive sexual experiences, none of which began with harassment.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2013, 03:59:15 PM »

Perhaps memphis is referring to instances that come off as comical, like I have had older women approach me at bars before and make bizarre comments which at the time were both incredibly creepy and kind of funny, but yeah, I really cannot agree that it is ever "okay" because others may not be as welcoming, especially girls, who tend to be far more cautious about those kind of comments. Sexual advances are far different if it's between two mutually interested people and two strangers. One is a risk, but often okay, while the unwelcome advance is far different. You can't argue that all sexual advances are the same. If my current girl makes an advance towards me, that's okay because I know her well and I trust her. But if a random person made an advance, well, that's not okay at all.

If you have ever had any close interactions with a girl, you know that men can be animals, literally, and do disgusting things in attempts to get sex. I dealt with that in past relationships and do in my current one, which I suppose explains why I am so touchy and protective of people I care about.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2013, 04:59:51 PM »

Memphis is being a misogynist bastard again? Surprise, surprise...

Apparently one needs to have proven oneself to be sexually successful to have a right to make moral judgments on sex in Memphis' world. Luckily, normal men who aren't sexist assholes can get laid with perfect ease, without being creepy and engaging in sexual harassment. See, women aren't those evil bitches who hate sex and whom you might have to eventually rape or abuse. You can treat them as normal human beings and have a great time with them, shocking as it may sound to Memphis.

The general correlation is of course that the misogynists get laid a lot less than those of us who treat women with some respect.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2013, 08:12:03 PM »

This is turning a bit sour and we should probably move on. I'll just make a few points so our friend Memphis has a better idea of things:

1.) This man had no idea who I was. He did not know what I looked like, enjoyed, my age, hell, he didn't really even know my sex or sexuality. I knew just as little of him. He did not invite me to a public area, and promised an intoxicating drug. And all because I may be female. Nothing about this strikes you as worrisome? You know, some people engage in anonymous, random sex. That's fine. But just try please to grasp that women have to live with unsolicited requests like this often and that it must get old and frightening, not to mention demeaning.

2.) You have zero basis to judge my sex life and history. Suffice it to say that I am a far cry from prudish. I will leave it there.

3.) Just because you are sexually open doesn't mean everyone else should be. This is so obvious.

Look, I'm not saying what happened was the most awful thing ever. It was just.. really strange to get a taste like that of the other perspective. And the point was that several people expressed interest, but only one was creepy about it. Point being, maybe more ladies would stick around if we left them alone about such things. Just a suggestion.

Also, Memphis. I have homework for you. Tonight, dress up in a trenchcoat and balaclava, then walk the streets. Every time you see a female (don't discriminate), ask them if they'd like to go to your hotel room. Mention you will provide alcohol. Then record how many agreeable women you find and how long out took for someone to call the cops.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2013, 08:18:43 PM »

Tik, why don't you just out the motherf[inks]er and get it over with?  Unless he'd like to out himself, of course.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2013, 08:32:03 PM »

What good could possibly come from that? Besides, this was about five years ago.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2013, 08:46:51 PM »

What good could possibly come from that? Besides, this was about five years ago.

Do you think this person had an epiphany and has stopped doing it?  We don't need posters who harass others.   Hey, just tossing in my two cents....it's your decision.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2013, 09:25:13 PM »

I'm with Grumps here. I'd like to know it if the poster I'm communicating with is such a creep.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2013, 09:34:52 PM »

I'm with Grumps here. I'd like to know it if the poster I'm communicating with is such a creep.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2013, 09:35:14 PM »

Do you really think the people in Vatican have no idea about sex? Lulz.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »

I'm afraid without solid evidences it would be just a hearsay.

If TiK decided to outs said creep, he should back it up with PMs in question.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2013, 11:08:11 PM »

Nothing is gained from knowing who. My message was to be careful with your own conduct. What I will say to try and put this to rest is that the poster in question hasn't been active for a while.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:58 PM »

Nothing is gained from knowing who. My message was to be careful with your own conduct. What I will say to try and put this to rest is that the poster in question hasn't been active for a while.

How long is a while? A year? Two? Four?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »

Do you think this person had an epiphany and has stopped doing it?  We don't need posters who harass others.   Hey, just tossing in my two cents....it's your decision.

How do you explain your conduct, old man? Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2013, 12:45:37 AM »

That actually confirms that it was who I suspect it was.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2013, 08:10:19 AM »

How do you explain your conduct, old man? Tongue

Oh I'm a total piece of sh**t, but I never bothered Tik or anyone else on a personal level, greek boy Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2013, 08:13:10 AM »

1.) This man had no idea who I was. He did not know what I looked like, enjoyed, my age, hell, he didn't really even know my sex or sexuality. I knew just as little of him.
Indeed, what makes you so sure said poster is as male as she apparently claimed?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2013, 08:22:03 AM »

1.) This man had no idea who I was. He did not know what I looked like, enjoyed, my age, hell, he didn't really even know my sex or sexuality. I knew just as little of him.
Indeed, what makes you so sure said poster is as male as she apparently claimed?

I suppose I just sensed an angry boner.

How often do I get the chance to say that? Thank you.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2013, 12:00:03 PM »

Do you really think the people in Vatican have no idea about sex? Lulz.
Not with adults anyhow. Taking advantage of children is a different issue completely. Adult women have their own agency and sexual awareness, despite what all the asexual trans victimologists want so badly to believe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies