Huck Keynoting in Iowa (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:05:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huck Keynoting in Iowa (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huck Keynoting in Iowa  (Read 2059 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 14, 2009, 02:55:56 PM »

He's gonna make a run at it.  He was really only a victory or two away from the conservatives rallying behind him, and Romney split his vote badly in the South as soon as he decided to go with the right-wing, God/Reagan-loving edge. 

You know, he would've won SC in the primary if Romney wasn't around. 
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 02:30:17 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2009, 02:31:49 PM by TakeOurCountryBack »

He's gonna make a run at it.  He was really only a victory or two away from the conservatives rallying behind him, and Romney split his vote badly in the South as soon as he decided to go with the right-wing, God/Reagan-loving edge. 

You know, he would've won SC in the primary if Romney wasn't around. 

It works both ways.
Romney would have won a lot of states if it wasn't for Huckabee, including Iowa, which would have really given Romney momentum going into New Hampshire.
Keep in mind, Romney had a lot more delegates than Huckabee did before Romney dropped out. If anything, Huckabee took votes away from Romney. I don't think you can say Romney took votes away from Huckabee when Romney was beating Huckabee.

Because I don't think Romney was AT ALL sincere in his beliefs, unlike Huckabee.  Sure the conservative split was going to go both ways, but I think Huck would've been able to pull it off in the end, which I do not think about Romney.  Besides, he might have had a delegate lead, but the primary season has a lot to do with momentum, where Romney and Huck were in a similar position of playing catch-up. 

Honestly, my opinion probably has to do with the fact that I actually like Huckabee.  Don't agree with him, but at least he believes what he says.  Romney was about as big a toolbag to come onto the political scene in a long time. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies