Next election predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:53:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Next election predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Next election predictions  (Read 7288 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 01, 2011, 11:55:23 AM »

There will be another economic crash tied to the debt likely when China cuts us off with loans.
This makes no sense.  The United States and China's economies are too deeply intertwined.  More likely the US economy  will continue sluggish growth until 2012.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »

A women or a non-white person wins the Republican nomination. Republicans net gain about 2-4 seats in the Senate and the House stay about the same.

translate: Palin or Cain wins the GOP nomination haha

There are other women then Palin in the Republican Party. Also, who is Cain? I was thinking more like Jindal or Rubio...
Herman Cain, former CEO of Godfather's Pizza and talk show host out of Atlanta, Georgia.  He either already has or is just about to form an exploratory committee.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:50:05 AM »

Well there's your calls, we'll see who's right.

And I don't recall massive strikes when the Bush tax cuts were inacted to avoid a further economic meltdown...

If the tax cuts are entirely for upper-income people and they are financed with new taxes that hit the non-rich hard or are in a package that eviscerates the minimum wage, then things can get ugly.

When was the platform taxes solely for the richest? It has been for everyone as low as possible in every area. That's what I'm talking about. And only rich tax cuts would never make it through Congress

Situation possible but not certain. I start with the assumption that our super-rich are selfish abusers of whatever power they get over us. I also assume that the GOP will go further to the economic Right until such is stopped by the reality of electoral losses.
That's a bit much.  Warren Buffet seems like a nice guy.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »

Palin doesn't run but is kingmaker in the nomination process and endorses Herman Cain.  Cain chooses Rubio as his running mate.  Cain wins the election by through a combination of being a strong conservative, a bad Obama economy and brunting the impact of Obama's black support bringing Cain slightly higher levels of black support than traditionally obtained by republican candidates.  Reps gain 10-11 senate seats including MO, MT, FL, NJ, MI (due to retirement), NE, ND, OH, NM (also due to retirement), VA, and WV.
That's a new one.  Not implausible but, IMO, a bit unlikely.  Are you willing to stand bye it until January 1st 2012?  Because we have a thread for that Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »

We take back all the Bush 2004 states plus Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, One of Maine's districts, New Hampshire, Nevada and Colorado
Now how do you think that will happen?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies