As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:52:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 317102 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2475 on: September 13, 2012, 07:15:53 PM »

I look forward to going back in just 6 months!

You'll be fired.  Another job down the drain.

Naturally, I will only go if I am able to take the leave.  If not, then I will not be going.  I am not going to jeopardize this job!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2476 on: September 13, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »

Naturally, I will only go if I am able to take the leave.  If not, then I will not be going.  I am not going to jeopardize this job!

Bushie, I honestly don't think you are in a position to take any unpaid leave. It is not exactly like you would need a couple days off either.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2477 on: September 13, 2012, 07:40:39 PM »

Bushie, I honestly don't think you are in a position to take any unpaid leave. It is not exactly like you would need a couple days off either.

The trip isn't until March, so I should have some vacation by then, but I'm not going to take any unpaid leave, and yes, you are right, I've had too much time off already, I'm good for a while!  And, if I can't go in 2013, I can probably go in 2014.  The money will still be there.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2478 on: September 13, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »

What are your tasks at work?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2479 on: September 13, 2012, 09:56:50 PM »

I, along with a team, are responsible for maintaining and debugging the Aetna website and give our input for additions to the website or for a new website.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2480 on: September 13, 2012, 11:17:03 PM »

I'm going to be heading to bed at 11:00 pm tonight (45 minutes from now) to get ready for Day 3 of my Utah Career. Tomorrow, I'm actually going to be heading down to my new office in Salt Lake City that I will move into on December 1. It's all a part of the initial training. I will be down there from 9:00-12:00. After lunch, I will head back to the Layton office to finish out the day and be back home by 6:00 after the shift ends. I will begin full time at the Layton office and officially start learning the job on Monday. I'll find out for sure tomorrow, but there is a chance my shift could change on September 24, but I don't know what it will change to.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2481 on: September 14, 2012, 12:16:24 AM »

They might give you the leave, but when it comes time to downsize or fire someone, you might be the first to go... that's the only concern I would have about the Kenya trip. Jobs might give you the leave but they won't forget it when they think about their most dedicated employees. I am glad to hear things are going well though!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2482 on: September 14, 2012, 12:55:10 AM »

Whatever happnened to the thread of mod review if Bushie fails to lose x pounds? Has the time elapsed yet? I would love an update on this particular subplot.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2483 on: September 14, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »

^^ I agree. It's the same as if you say you're going to leave the company, but stay when they offer you a raise.. it doesn't show company loyalty.

^ I think there is still a few more days on that, but Mikado would know better.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2484 on: September 14, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »

I have to say it is completely crazy that jobs don't allow people a couple of weeks off to go somewhere on holiday - such as Kenya.  Such holidays should be required to be paid, by law.

My sympathies to all of you, not just BushOK, facing this oppressive environment.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2485 on: September 14, 2012, 12:24:11 PM »

I have to say it is completely crazy that jobs don't allow people a couple of weeks off to go somewhere on holiday - such as Kenya.  Such holidays should be required to be paid, by law.

My sympathies to all of you, not just BushOK, facing this oppressive environment.

Agree entirely, actually.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2486 on: September 14, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »

Agree entirely, actually.

Another reason why the idea that large numbers of Europeans would vote Republican if they just lived in this country is ridiculous.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2487 on: September 14, 2012, 03:06:16 PM »

My paychecks, no.

Other people's checks, yes.

I think Andrew was hinting at On Company, and that's what I was mindful of when I responded.

What was this problem?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2488 on: September 14, 2012, 07:39:34 PM »

My paychecks, no.

I think Andrew was hinting at On Company, and that's what I was mindful of when I responded.

What was this problem?

If you remember, ON Company which occurred in between Oklahoma Natural Gas and Ameriscam was stretching into money laundering territory which included depositing other people's checks into my account and then take the checks out less a small "handling fee".  Bad news.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2489 on: September 14, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »

My paychecks, no.

What was this problem?

If you remember, ON Company which occurred in between Oklahoma Natural Gas and Ameriscam was stretching into money laundering territory which included depositing other people's checks into my account and then take the checks out less a small "handling fee".  Bad news.

Ameriscam?  So did you finally concede that Ameriplan was a scam?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2490 on: September 14, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »

My paychecks, no.

What was this problem?

Ameriscam?  So did you finally concede that Ameriplan was a scam?

I conceded that a long time ago.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2491 on: September 15, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »

It's been a pretty good Saturday watching college football.  Tomorrow, I will probably attend my first Worship Service in Utah.  I plan to go to the First Southern Baptist Church of Salt Lake City.  Sunday School is at 9:45 and Morning Worship is at 11:00.  I'll leave the hotel about 8:30 and I should be home by 1:00.  The rest of the day tomorrow will be spent watching NFL Football.  Monday, I begin training for my actual job.  I started work last Wednesday, but have only spent a day and a half at the Layton office.  I went to Idaho on Thursday and to Sandy, Utah on Friday morning.

I'm liking this job so far and I believe it will be a keeper.  I may have just found me a new city to live in!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2492 on: September 16, 2012, 10:37:21 AM »

Opebo, you said that teachers get $30,000 a year and that the starting salary is well below $30,000.  In some areas, it may be below $30,000, but that's not what you said.

That table was also for minimum training.

As the other chart showed, the lowest average starting salary was $32,180 and that was for South Dakota.

Also, Jeff, they make a lot more than "burger flippers at McDonald's".  If we assume the burger flipper gets paid $8/hour and works 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, he'd make $16,640, less than half of what the average starting teacher makes in Oklahoma (which is $35,880).

Inks, you know perfectly well that a median average means that 50% of new teachers make below said figure.

Whatever happnened to the thread of mod review if Bushie fails to lose x pounds? Has the time elapsed yet? I would love an update on this particular subplot.

Deadline is two weeks from now.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2493 on: September 16, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »

I may have just found me a new city to live in!

Did you just intentionally but subtly reference the 1980s band 'the Talking Heads'?  Personally I find that rather cool.

BushOK, best of luck to you.  It appears I may be unemployed soon, and I fear I'm far less employable than your good self.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2494 on: September 16, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »

Deadline is two weeks away and I'm just 3 pounds away!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2495 on: September 16, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »

Opebo, you said that teachers get $30,000 a year and that the starting salary is well below $30,000.  In some areas, it may be below $30,000, but that's not what you said.

That table was also for minimum training.

As the other chart showed, the lowest average starting salary was $32,180 and that was for South Dakota.

Also, Jeff, they make a lot more than "burger flippers at McDonald's".  If we assume the burger flipper gets paid $8/hour and works 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, he'd make $16,640, less than half of what the average starting teacher makes in Oklahoma (which is $35,880).

Inks, you know perfectly well that a median average means that 50% of new teachers make below said figure.

Yes, but it also means 50% (roughly) make above that.  My claim isn't that all teachers make above $30,000, but there's no state in the country where most teachers are making below $30,000.  There probably isn't even a state where close to 50% is making less than $30,000, considering that the lowest average is more than $2,000 above that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2496 on: September 16, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »

My paychecks, no.

What was this problem?

Oh, I missed when you worked there.  I thought you were referring to ONG and left off the "G" on accident.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2497 on: September 16, 2012, 08:50:10 PM »

My paychecks, no.

What was this problem?

If you remember, ON Company which occurred in between Oklahoma Natural Gas and Ameriscam was stretching into money laundering territory which included depositing other people's checks into my account and then take the checks out less a small "handling fee".  Bad news.

Oh, I missed when you worked there.  I thought you were referring to ONG and left off the "G" on accident.

I never officially worked there.  I discovered their borderline-criminal activites before I started.  It caused me to leave ONG, but I never actually made any moves with them except to quit before I was to officially start.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2498 on: September 16, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »

Did you just intentionally but subtly reference the 1980s band 'the Talking Heads'?  Personally I find that rather cool.

BushOK, best of luck to you.  It appears I may be unemployed soon, and I fear I'm far less employable than your good self.

I don't even know who that band is, but I'm sorry to hear that you may be unemployed.  I don't know what the Thai economy is like, but I hope you find employment very soon.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2499 on: September 17, 2012, 07:22:19 AM »

I don't even know who that band is, but I'm sorry to hear that you may be unemployed.  I don't know what the Thai economy is like, but I hope you find employment very soon.

Talking Heads:

The song you accidentally quoted is 'Cities'.  I love it - my favorite line is "I smell home cooking... its only the river".

As for Thai economic - it is fantastic as always.  There are huge numbers of jobs, I just can't bear to get up in the morning-time.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies