WV PrimD: Other Source: Clinton Leads WV by 40% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:52:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  WV PrimD: Other Source: Clinton Leads WV by 40% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV PrimD: Other Source: Clinton Leads WV by 40%  (Read 30402 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« on: May 09, 2008, 11:28:06 AM »

she isnt going to win by 40.

but 35 isnt unreasonable.

i dont think the events of the past week have gotten obama more than a few extra points in wv.  of course, ive been wrong before...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »

of course, ive been wrong before...

Understatement of the century.

Alcon's right this is trash, plus it disagrees with Rasmussen. I honestly don't care though, Obama would be the nominee without a single delegate from WV.

goddammit.  this isnt about delegates.

look, barring some miracle (or disaster...depending on your perspective) obama is going to be the nominee.

you want your party's nominee losing by 30 points in a *may* primary?

that doesnt scream 'im a strong candidate'.

obama has serious problems with white workers.  serious problems.  obviously the democrats have neglected those people starting in 1972.  but the way it looks now obama will do worse than kerry (remember him?) among the white working class...and that is really saying something.

newsflash:  young voters + black voters + hand wringing whites who drive volvos and have npr totebags doesnt equal an electoral college victory.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 02:31:29 PM »

obama hillar has serious problems with white workers blacks.  serious problems.

Works both ways, doesn't it?

And after becoming the presumptive nominee McCain lost Utah by 84 points. What a disaster! Maybe we can get over this retarded idea that primary performance = strength in the general election.

no it doesnt work both ways.  not at all, zach.

blacks are loyal democrat voters.  and would be loyal to the democrat nominee in the fall even if it were clinton.  now you can make an argument that some would stay home.  that is certainly possible.  but those that vote would go 90-10 at least for the democrat.

secondly, in what states do black voters tip the balance.  sure, obama would do a few percentage points better among mississippi blacks than hillary would against mccain.  so what?  the state is a loss no matter what.

if obama doesnt begin to attract white working class voters, you can definitely kiss ohio goodbye.  pennsylvania is in doubt.  and someone tell me how obama can win without pa?

ooo.  let me guess.  obama can win without pa...because he is going to win virginia, colorado,  nevada, iowa and kansas!

pie in the sky stuff.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »

secondly, in what states do black voters tip the balance.  sure, obama would do a few percentage points better among mississippi blacks than hillary would against mccain.  so what?  the state is a loss no matter what.
Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania?

blacks tip the balance in those states?

let's take pennsylvania for example...if obama doesnt win in places where democrats have to win to carry the state: erie, scranton/wilkes-barre, and working class areas around pittsburgh like beaver county....how in the hell does he win the state?

there arent enough blacks in philly or hand-wringers in delaware county to make up the lost votes.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 02:31:17 PM »

Anyone who actually believes Obama will lose Lackawanna in the general election is quite delusional.

he needs to win it by a good margin.

i will say this, i think he will lose beaver county in western pa.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies