Fremont legislature discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:42:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fremont legislature discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fremont legislature discussion thread  (Read 388 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: February 06, 2017, 06:01:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not seeking a confrontation or to be disrespectful, but I feel I should address that:

Quite frankly, I don't think it's fear-mongering or hostility to note that a bill is deeply flawed and even irresponsible, and to point out those flaws and why they would actually do more harm than good. There was a broad agreement on those flaws being a reality, and that particular bill in the version that went for a final vote was not accounting for that.

In that sense, I would note that we all have our beliefs on how healthcare should be, but that is not so say one vision of it is automatically the right one and therefore criticism of, say, single player constitutes fear-mongering. Passing a flawed and unworkable solution is not necessarily better than passing nothing, and so I feel pointing out the problems in a bill to be a positive rather than a negative excerise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies