Congress of the Confederation - Sign up thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:56:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Congress of the Confederation - Sign up thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congress of the Confederation - Sign up thread  (Read 6192 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: July 25, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »
« edited: July 25, 2010, 04:59:05 PM by Alternate George Wallace »

I'm taking The First State of Delaware

It's going to be very funny to play a small, annoying tiny state with an ego of a aircraft career size
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:49:23 AM »

Good, we just need 4 more states.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »

You see, that's one of the possibilities of the game. With these thirteen separate states acting almost as independent countries, tensions are likely to boil over quite a lot. All of this can be expressed in Congress. Grin

Delaware says you can all kiss our butts,
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:42:41 PM »

Awesome, we'll still have one reserve state after Dr. Cynic again lose an interest and will dissapear.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 06:24:36 PM »

Awesome, we'll still have one reserve state after Dr. Cynic again lose an interest and will dissapear.

Career stuff and burnout sometimes takes me away for awhile.

That wasn't suppoused to be mean comment, just a concern.

FTR, Hashemite killed Americana continuation by first taking a prominent role and them usual "I lost interest".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 02:17:12 AM »

Would be awesome if we come up with a weird, yet fascinating, assumption that U.S. survived in the form until modern times Smiley

Just imagine, the Congress of the Confederation now, with U.S. never exceeding 13 original colonies!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 09:32:49 PM »

Not possible.  Vermont and Maine were created IIRC under the Articles, so at a minimum it'd be 15.  Also, the US would own most of the territory east of the Mississippi (minus Florida) and Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, etc. would likely be formed eventually.  Still, a Confederation with 23 states would be possible.  And cool: maybe this time, Wisconsin gets the Upper Peninsula.

Mikado, that's a valid, hard to ignore point but, see, we have a little problem: I doubt we could have 23 players.

Since it's not suppoused to be uber-realistic, why not to assume Maine's still a part of Massachusetts, Vermont is still Independent Republic or was annexed by Canada and Western Territory is still a territory. Yes, I know that would led to a massive problems but hell, why shouldn't our mock Congress face such problems?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 11:35:25 PM »

Mikado, that's a valid, hard to ignore point but, see, we have a little problem: I doubt we could have 23 players.

Since it's not suppoused to be uber-realistic, why not to assume Maine's still a part of Massachusetts, Vermont is still Independent Republic or was annexed by Canada and Western Territory is still a territory. Yes, I know that would led to a massive problems but hell, why shouldn't our mock Congress face such problems?

Why not start with what we have and leave room for future annexation?

I guess you give us a good solution Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 11:47:20 PM »

By the way, I'd propose that we may start even now and assume, until we find additional players, that some states are, for some reasons, "boycotting" Congress for now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 12:35:28 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2010, 12:38:33 AM by Kalwejt »

Starting as early is not a fun at all and I will resign if so.

The whole charm of such project is an unconventional scenario. I joined in first place, because I assumed without date set it's going to be done in such mood. Ok, you don't like creativity? Fine. Play without me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 03:27:03 AM »

Starting as early is not a fun at all and I will resign if so.

The whole charm of such project is an unconventional scenario. I joined in first place, because I assumed without date set it's going to be done in such mood. Ok, you don't like creativity? Fine. Play without me.

What would you prefer? It honestly doesn't matter to me.

Unconventional scenario with Confederation working in modern world. That would be fun.

And just imagine the possibilities... keeping Northweastern Territory for about 200 years in the same form. Maine still part of Massachusetts, Vermont outside the U.S.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »

I know that's Barnes' game but I'd like to suggest this finally:

1. We may start now. Until we find a players for remaining states, we can assume those states are, for some reason and for a moment, boycotting Congress works
2. We'll face a massive problem what to do with Northwestern territory, which was keept for a decades in the same form and people there are certainly more and more angry over their status
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 05:52:50 PM »

Alright, now please don't think I'm unhappy about starting in the present day, I just wanted to make sure that everyone was happy with it. Wink

I'm prepared to start now, however, I think we need some history of the past 200 or so years to know what kind of situation we're dealing with. Anyone want to write something up? Wink

I'll write something up and get it to you. You can edit however you like Smiley

I'll submitt some of my ideas as well, Mr. President of the United States, In Congress Assembled  Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »

Sewer already took Granite State

Hm, what left for you...

Rhode Island? Connecticut?   
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 03:20:28 PM »

Oh yes, I missed Sewer's switch.