RISK Mission II: Finished!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:05:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK Mission II: Finished!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: RISK Mission II: Finished!  (Read 25087 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2007, 07:09:07 AM »

I think I'm missing a card-could you please PM me the cards I have?

Ernest is correct that you should only have two cards, but I'll re-send them to you anyway. Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2007, 12:43:59 PM »

Ehm...why isn't anyone dealing with Ernest, given how he he controls half the map and is going to win with tremendous ease unless someone stops him? Tongue

My guess is that they hope to win by accomplishing their mission before I can win.  It is something I have to guard against.  Indeed that's why last turn I didn't just concentrate my forces in the west, last turn as it would have mission of conquering another player easier to accomplish if everyone was lumped together in the east. I suspect Bullmoose's attack into Minnesota was either an indication that his mission is to eliminate Gabu or a diversion to make others think that was the case.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2007, 01:47:20 PM »

Since I've gathered that the missions are of the normal type (take control of region(s), destroy players, etc) I don't think anyone seems to be anywhere near accomplishing a mission.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2007, 01:52:46 PM »

Ehm...why isn't anyone dealing with Ernest, given how he he controls half the map and is going to win with tremendous ease unless someone stops him? Tongue

My guess is that they hope to win by accomplishing their mission before I can win.  It is something I have to guard against.  Indeed that's why last turn I didn't just concentrate my forces in the west, last turn as it would have mission of conquering another player easier to accomplish if everyone was lumped together in the east. I suspect Bullmoose's attack into Minnesota was either an indication that his mission is to eliminate Gabu or a diversion to make others think that was the case.

Muwhahahaha...or it was made to make you think that...but maybe I think that you'd think that....but maybe you thought that I'd thought that you'd thought....so on and so on....

or maybe I just wanted another risk card for the turn...and my sick sense of humor wanted to put BRTD's state under my control.

Or Maybe Gabu's targeted for termination...

or am I crazier than a fox...and planning a diversion?

Be afraid...or not Ernest...

because I sure am.

YEEHAW YEEHAW.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2007, 02:08:28 PM »

No, not afraid, just convinced that if a RISK card was your only goal that it made more sense to go after Minnesota instead of North Dakota.  Maybe if you and Hugh made a deal about who'd get North Dakota, but that would be really paranoid of me to think, wouldn't it.  Of course, as I keep telling those nice young men in their clean white coats, just because one is paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »

No, not afraid, just convinced that if a RISK card was your only goal that it made more sense to go after Minnesota instead of North Dakota.  Maybe if you and Hugh made a deal about who'd get North Dakota, but that would be really paranoid of me to think, wouldn't it.  Of course, as I keep telling those nice young men in their clean white coats, just because one is paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you.

Ernest...Nurse Ratchet on line one.

Meh. I had a couple options that turn in terms of who I wanted to attack for the card...Minnesota has several humorous implications, plus...I don't know if I wanted to attack the regional powerhouse (cough you) right away. ;-)

But I feel that I'm going to have to deal with you sooner or later...and i hope to God that you're not even close to accomplishing your mission. (Cue Jeremy Irons and the musicial instrument /obscure).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »

I cleaned your house, I cooked your food and THIS is how you pay me back for all my kind unselfish loving deeds, HUH???
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2007, 06:23:18 AM »

All three in Idaho. Idaho-Oregon-California-Hawaii-Alaska. Wish me luck.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »

A very fair point.
I presume, simply because they each feel it may result in a serious backdraft of blue battalions. It seems Ernest's forces are now the elephant in the room - everyone is playing as if he's not really there. Only Gabu has prodded a bit at the engorging masses, but is clearly liable to be completely overrun.

Some of the players seem to lack any coherent strategy, the game remains interesting if for no other reason than to wait and see what tactical brilliance Josh will produce with each passing round.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2007, 03:32:14 PM »

A very fair point.
I presume, simply because they each feel it may result in a serious backdraft of blue battalions. It seems Ernest's forces are now the elephant in the room - everyone is playing as if he's not really there. Only Gabu has prodded a bit at the engorging masses, but is clearly liable to be completely overrun.

Some of the players seem to lack any coherent strategy, the game remains interesting if for no other reason than to wait and see what tactical brilliance Josh will produce with each passing round.

I kind of like Josh's strategy...he's actually in better shape than some of the others. Cheesy
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2007, 05:06:04 PM »

Reinforcements

All 3 battalions have been deployed in Idaho, where there are now 5 in total.

Attacks

Idaho invades Oregon (MAS117) with 4 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Oregon.

Hughento [4] rolls 3 dice: 4 3 3
MAS117 [1] rolls 1 die: 6
Hughento loses 1 battalion

Hughento [3] rolls 3 dice: 6 2 1
MAS117 [1] rolls 1 die: 1
MAS117 loses 1 battalion

Hughento conquers Oregon and places 3 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Idaho.

----------

* General MAS117 has lost control of the Pacific region *

----------

Oregon invades California (MAS117) with 2 battalions available to attack, while 3 battalions will defend California.

Hughento [2] rolls 2 dice: 5 1
MAS117 [3] rolls 2 dice: 4 2
Both armies lose 1 battalion each

Hughento [1] rolls 1 die: 4
MAS117 [2] rolls 2 dice: 6 4

Hughento has been defeated, and MAS117 now controls California with 2 battalions.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2007, 08:56:41 PM »

Ahem?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2007, 09:40:26 PM »

Hugh hasn't been online since Joe posted.  Don't be so impatient.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2007, 09:43:25 PM »

My armies of darkness are getting impatient...
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2007, 11:16:27 PM »

Patience! You must learn patience if you are to complete your mission.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2007, 11:31:39 PM »

Patience! You must learn patience if you are to complete your mission.
I'm well aware that my mission requires a ton of patience. Doesn't mean I can't get pumped for my next turn.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2007, 11:16:29 PM »

end turn.

Sorry guys, there was a massive storm in Canberra-one and a half feet of HAIL, plus obviously huge amounts of wind damage-fallen trees and stuff. The servers at the uni are obviously down, and the computer lab in my college was destroyed. I'm in Melbourne now-uni was cancelled until sometime next week, probably Tuesday. Coincidentally, almost the whole city was untouched, besides the University and a bit of the inner city next to it-the suburbs more or less had nothing.

I will also not have internet access until at least next week.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2007, 09:51:59 AM »

Well I guess that's a good enough reason.  Glad to see you weren't too badly affected.

New map:

General Ernest, it is your turn.  You have 12 reinforcements.

+ [17 states ÷ 3 = 6 reinforcements]
+ [South region = 3 reinforcements]
+ [Southwest region = 3 reinforcements]
= 12 reinforcements
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2007, 02:22:18 PM »

Time for some orders that I expect will give people a good idea of what my mission is.

Place 1 reinforcement in Nevada and 11 in West Virginia.

Attack, do-or-die.
NV -> OR -> ID -> MT

WV -> PA -> NY -> NJ  -> DE
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2007, 02:41:44 PM »

Time for some orders that I expect will give people a good idea of what my mission is.

Place 1 reinforcement in Nevada and 11 in West Virginia.

Attack, do-or-die.
NV -> OR -> ID -> MT

WV -> PA -> NY -> NJ  -> DE

I'll venture a wild, wild guess.

Kill Hughento. And you'll do it easily enough.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2007, 03:04:11 PM »

I thought I was going to win last round until my armies ran into an unexpected buzzsaw in Virgina, so I won't start countig chickens just yet.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »

Reinforcements

Of the 12 available battalions, 1 has been deployed in Nevada, where there are now 5 in total; and 11 have been deployed in West Virginia, where there are now 13 in total.

Attacks

Nevada invades Oregon (Hughento) with 4 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Oregon.

Ernest [4] rolls 3 dice: 2 1 1
Hughento [1] rolls 1 die: 1

Ernest conquers Oregon and places 4 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Nevada.

----------

Oregon invades Idaho (Hughento) with 3 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Idaho.

Ernest [3] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 1

Ernest conquers Idaho and places 3 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Oregon.

----------

Idaho invades Montana (Hughento) with 2 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Montana.

Ernest [2] rolls 2 dice: 5 2
Hughento [1] rolls 1 die: 1

Ernest conquers Montana and places 2 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Idaho.

----------

West Virginia invades Pennsylvania (Hughento) with 12 battalions available to attack, while 2 battalions will defend Pennsylvania.

Ernest [12] rolls 3 dice: 1 1 1
Hughento [2] rolls 2 dice: 5 1
Ernest loses 2 battalions

Ernest [10] rolls 3 dice: 5 3 3
Hughento [2] rolls 2 dice: 6 2
Both armies lose 1 battalion each

Ernest [9] rolls 3 dice: 6 6 5

Ernest conquers Pennsylvania and places 9 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in West Virginia.

----------

Pennsylvania invades New York (Hughento) with 8 battalions available to attack, while 3 battalions will defend Pennsylvania.

Ernest [8] rolls 3 dice: 4 3 3
Hughento [3] rolls 2 dice: 2 1
Hughento loses 2 battalions

Ernest [8] rolls 3 dice: 5 2 1
Hughento [1] rolls 1 die: 2

Ernest conquers New York and places 8 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Pennsylvania.

----------

New York invades New Jersey (Hughento) with 7 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend New Jersey.

Ernest [7] rolls 3 dice: 6 3 2
Hughento [1] rolls 1 die: 6
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Ernest [6] rolls 3 dice: 5 5 5
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Ernest [5] rolls 3 dice: 6 4 4

Ernest conquers New Jersey and places 5 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in New York.

----------

New Jersey invades Delaware (Hughento) with 4 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Delaware.

Ernest [4] rolls 3 dice: 6 6 1
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Ernest [3] rolls 3 dice: 6 6 4
Hughento [1] rolls 1 die: 2

Ernest conquers Delaware and places 3 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in New Jersey.

----------

* The armies of General Hughento have been destroyed *
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2007, 04:04:26 PM »

The final map:

General Ernest, your mission was to destroy
the Green Army, led by General Hughento.
You have successfully completed the objective and won!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #173 on: March 03, 2007, 04:12:07 PM »

Damn. I was positioned to make a run at Gabu too.

My packet of risk cards was ready. Gah

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #174 on: March 03, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »

Damn. I was positioned to make a run at Gabu too.

My packet of risk cards was ready. Gah

If I had thought I wasn't going to be able to take Hugh out, I would have gone after WY, SD, and MN instead, which would have forced you to go through MY and PA to accomplish your mission and denied you the reserves in Minnesota with which to attack, so even with a RISK card set, it would have tough for you to have done so.  If either you or MAS had taken a state from me in the Southwest last round, I would not have had enough armies with which to launch a a successful attack on Hugo as that would have cost me 4 reinforcements.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies