Is there a "Palin effect" in polling? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:28:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is there a "Palin effect" in polling? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well, is there?
Yes.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Is there a "Palin effect" in polling?  (Read 1638 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: January 18, 2011, 07:34:40 AM »

Yes, I think it's possible that she would lose by a large margin instead of the ridiculous landslide predicted by polls. Katharine Harris was considered a joke candidate and she closed at the end because of Republicans who supported the party and knew she wasn't going to actually win. Palin, should she become the nominee (which seems very unlikely still, if not impossible), will get lots of votes at the end from partisans who know at least that they wouldn't be making her President but would be making a statement about their beliefs.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:59:39 AM »

There are Democrats who I would never want to see in elected office who I would vote for if they were certain to lose and I wanted to register my opposition to the winner's agenda. I'm not sure if Alvin Greene would have qualified, but I could probably think of others. I'm also one of those people who considers "not voting" to not be an option. I expect there are millions of Republicans who would vote that way if Palin were nominated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies