IN-SEN: Brains or Braun? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 10:43:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Brains or Braun? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?  (Read 69477 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: July 13, 2017, 10:07:46 AM »

Rough story from AP on Sen. Donnelly: "AP Exclusive: Senator profits from outsourcing he slams"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://apnews.com/6d7d48ba7ae3420982c313192549805f

Given the Trump family's success with "America First" while hawking cheap ties and dresses made in China with their names literally on them I wonder if these charges stick.
Probably not to be honest.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 09:40:26 AM »

Honestly Messer definitely seems to be a better candidate than Rokita. Rokita seems to be the kind of evangelical moron saying cringeworthy things killing his campaign.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 05:04:17 PM »

As someone who doesn't know much about Indiana politics, is this good news or bad news for Donnelly?
Messer seems to be an establishment type, no idea about his skills.
Probably better than Rokita.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 01:17:05 PM »

Howey's take on the race, he thinks it's Lean Democrat

I agree with some of his points, honestly. Donnelly will probably be up by a lot in the first public polls.
Yeah honestly even if it is toss up, it's more tilt dem than tilt rep for now. Donnelly is underrated and Rokita/Messer don't seem to be great candidates like Todd Young.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 03:59:16 PM »

Howey's take on the race, he thinks it's Lean Democrat

I agree with some of his points, honestly. Donnelly will probably be up by a lot in the first public polls.
Yeah honestly even if it is toss up, it's more tilt dem than tilt rep for now. Donnelly is underrated and Rokita/Messer don't seem to be great candidates like Todd Young.

Yeah, though I still think it's the most likely Democratic-held seat to flip after MO. Sure, they have a very good chance in MT, but Tester's floor is too high for MT to be more likely to flip than IN IMO. And Heitkamp and Manchin are way too popular and better known than Donnelly.
Oh I definitely agree with this sentiment.

Regarding MT, I think it's a bit too early to have any feelings about the outcome of the race.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 09:20:22 AM »

Well it’s kind of a poll but Politico has an article on the race and both sides internals have that race “essentially tied”. So nothing seems to have changed from Brain +1 https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/13/joe-donnelly-indiana-senate-midterms-2018-772506

So it’s gone from Tossup to Tossup!
I mean,
The idea that Donnelly is a generic dem politician is a myth. And he has been underestimated many times.

It's a toss up but he's definitely not an underdog.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 02:25:20 PM »

Finally we will have some polls, it's not from a garbage company right?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 08:32:08 AM »

I mean, Donnelly is a good candidate. He was tied in the polls before the mourdock gaffe after all. He was lucky when he made this rape comment but Donnelly is definitely a good candidate, he fits well this state. A state where Trump isn't particularly popular.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies