Scott Walker recall goes live (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:49:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Scott Walker recall goes live (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Walker recall goes live  (Read 105606 times)
Wiz in Wis

« on: June 05, 2012, 11:10:19 AM »

What would you do without me? 

Indeed.

Pardon the twitter lingo, but here are some turnout anecdotes I'm reading about on twitter. These are just anecdotes, and VERY early ones at that (it's still just 10 AM in Wisconsin).

RT @MacIverWisc: Oak Creek - wards 10-12 - line snakes through gym and out the door. Unprecedented. Went 65% walker in 2010

RT @Brand_Allen: That's Waukesha Co (went 71-28% for Walker in '10) RT @MenomoneePatch: In mini poll outside Falls library, Walker got 13/15 voters #WIrecall

RT @Brand_Allen This is in Milwaukee Co, voted 62-38% for Barrett in '10. RT @tosasoccerdad Huge lines at Underwood in #Tosa this morning. #WIrecall

RT @Brand_Allen Again, in Milwaukee Co (62-38% Barrett in '10) RT @ShorewoodPatch: At 8:24 a.m. in Shorewood. And they just keep coming. #wirecall

RT @Brand_Allen That's Dane Co(68-31% for Barrett in '10). RT @lgoldrick25: 23 min wait for me to vote in Stoughton #wirecall

RT @Brand_Allen This is in Ozaukee Co(69-31% for Walker in '10) MT @aterkel Pt Washington poll worker on #wirecall lines today:"never seen anything like it"

RT @Brand_Allen That's Winnebago Co (voted 54-44% for Walker in '10). #WIgov MT @PGDougSchneider #Appleton guy reported 25-min wait at poll #wirecall

RT @Brand_Allen: Dane Co., a Barrett stronghold. MT @jrburns I was voter #492 at 9:30 in one of 2 polling places in Mt Horeb. In a town of 7,000 #wirecall

RT @Brand_Allen: Green Co, voted 50-48% Barrett in '10. MT @sgm_glen: I was voter #148 at 7:30 AM at the Town of New Glarus. Big turnout! #wirecall #WIgov

...and a personal favorite
RT @CynicusPrime: Don't worry. All the Walker voters are still at work. ;-) MT @jason_manc Slightly concerned by Dem turnout anecdotes

Edited:
RT @Brand_Allen: Racine County, voted 56-43% Walker in '10. RT @kylemaichle52 153 voter count for Racine District 1-Ward 1 -#wiright #wivote #wirecall

RT @Brand_Allen: Eau Claire Co. voted 50-49% Barrett in '10. RT @aliciayager Im #183 in Eau Claire at 10:30. Seems kinda slow #wirecall http://pic.twitter.com/j19a5PUd

RT @biggovt: Long Lines as Recall Voting Begins in Heavily Democratic Milwaukee: As polls opened this morning for #WIrecall http://t.co/zsG6fr6E

Jesus... I used to live in Tweet 1... If that's true, that is farking huge... and really bad news for Barrett. Of course, it sounds like everyone over 18 in the state plans on voting today.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 03:44:02 PM »

No I idea on the number of students that decided to stay back. Hopefully the number goes up as the day goes on.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/elections/turnout-just-wild-at-polling-stations-around-state/article_9eeda132-af21-11e1-8fdf-001a4bcf887a.html

Dane County could get to 80% to 88%! Add this with the huge turn out in Milwaukee and the Milwaukee suburbs and we could be approaching 2008 levels. 

Wouldn't students not be registered in WI but their home state?

More likely their home town... most UW-System (even UW-Madison) students are Wisconsinites.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »

According to EARLY exits, 13% of the electorate is made up of 18-29 yr olds. It was 15% in 2010.

That's actually a little better than I would have thought. Obviously, Democrats can't depend on young people for a win in this one though.

Don't trust early exit polls overall... really don't trust internals of early exit polls. They're pretty much worthless.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies