2016 Election Game - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:19:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 74012 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule:

Brian Sandoval will spend the week hitting hard in the Pontiac States while also making a strong bid to win the Maine caucus. Governor Bob McDonnell will be spending the entire week campaigning in Virginia on behalf of Governor Sandoval. Senator Heller and Governor Martinez will also be accompanying him. Sandoval is running ads in all February states, including Democrats Abroad.

February 6th:
Meet and Greet in Rustburg, Virginia
Campaign Rally in Concord, Virginia
Campaign Rally in Appomattox, Virginia
Townhall in Farmville, Virginia

February 7th:
Campaign Rally in Richmond, Virginia
Campaign Rally in Dale City, Virginia
Campaign Rally/Fundraiser in Alexandria, Virginia
Townhall in McClean, Virginia

February 8th:
Townhall in Rockville, Maryland
Meet and Greet in Columbia, Maryland
Campaign Rally in Baltimore, Maryland
Meet and Greet in Edgewood, Maryland
Meet and Greet in Elton, Maryland

February 9th:
Campaign Rally in Albany, New York
Townhall in Queensbury, New York
Townhall in Bethel, Maine
Campaign Rally in Portland, Maine

February 10th:
Attend Caucus Sites in Falmouth, Cape Elizabeth, Raymond, and Augusta
Campaign Rally in Arlington, Virginia

February 11th:
Meet and Greet in Arlington, Virginia
Meet and Greet in Manassas, Virginia
Campaign Rally in Washington, D.C.
Speaking to Volunteers in Washington, D.C.
Campaign Rally in Bowie, Maryland

February 12th:
Speak to Reporters in Alexandria, Virginia
Attend Primary Polling Locations in Fredericksburg, Tuckahoe, and Petersburg, Virginia
Campaign Rally/Victory Rally in Richmond, Virginia
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2012, 01:05:57 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Event: Campaign Rally in Portland, Maine - February 9th

Tomorrow, Maine will have it's say in the political process, with thousands of Republicans caucusing around the state. Tomorrow can be our day, and I believe we will be successful in our efforts. Our ground game is terrific - I couldn't ask for better volunteers. I look forward to celebrating a victory in Maine tomorrow night!

America needs a new direction, and new leadership. We cannot continue the failed policies of Barack Obama. We won't if I'm President.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »

Brian Sandoval Townhall in Scarborough, Maine - February 9th

Question: Governor Sandoval, my name is Chris, and I'm an undecided voter. I've been extremely impressed with your record as Governor, but feel the same about your opponents as well. What separates you from the pack?

Thank you for your question.

In 2008, America elected a President with little experience, his biggest accomplishment probably was being a "community organizer." I think America learned that it takes a steady, experienced hand to move this nation forward, and that's why I feel optimistic about Republican's chances this fall - both Governor Christie, Governor Bush, and myself all have executive experience; Senator Gillibrand does not.

What separates me, though, is the quality of the experience I've had, and the amount. I've devoted my life to improving the state of Nevada, and have vast experience in all three branches. Most importantly, though, is my experience as Governor of Nevada. Throughout my time in Nevada, Nevada went from being one of the worst economic climates to one of the best. Our unemployment has been cut in half, and we're still improving! We've been committed to balancing our budget, and it's been done for the past three years.

The principles we used, in Nevada, were principles of smaller, conservative government. We put deregulation into effect, cut taxes, and cut down the size of government. The results were great. As President, I'll implement the "Nevada Plan" on a national level - a plan that will cut taxes, cut government, and grow individual liberty. Many Americans have believed in our campaign in the past few weeks, and to them, I say thanks. To you, I ask for your support - America's greatness is being threatened by the terrible policies of Barack Obama - it is imperative that we reverse the trends with our next President, and I will do just that. Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2012, 11:12:58 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Events:

February 11th - Campaign Rally in Washington D.C.

Friends, at this point, I believe this race is largely down to a race for delegates, and there is a strong chance, due to few states being winner take all, we could have a split convention. I'm doing everything I can to win as many delegates, and that is why I am visiting as many places as possible.

D.C. is a place generally not visited by candidates - none of my opponents are going to visit here, and it's usually not a place people stop in a General Election. However, I believe your voices deserve to be heard, and you certainly should have a say in who our next GOP nominee is. That's why I'm out here today, working hard for your vote. I urge you all to vote Brian Sandoval tomorrow for the GOP nomination!

February 11th - Campaign Rally in Bowie, Maryland

Well, friends, we're now just hours away until Maryland casts it's vote for the GOP nomination!

I feel good about our chances here - we have great organization, and I firmly believe the momentum is on our side - we're still riding a big wave from a strong Super Tuesday and endorsements from Congressman West and Rubio, and I'm confident it will bring us a great victory tomorrow.

Americans believe in our message - they're ready for change. They're ready for smart, fiscal policy. Americans don't want more of the same, liberal policies that President Obama has implemented, the same policies supported by the Senator from New York, Ms. Gillibrand. "Obamanomics" has failed America - it's time we start implementing policies that will promote economic growth. Cut taxes, cut spending, give businesses more power. That's the capitalist idea's that we will implement if I am elected President.

February 12th - Speaking to Reporters in Alexandria, Virginia

Former Governor McDonnell has worked tirelessly for us here, and I thank him for all of his work. Virginia is a battleground state, both in the primaries and general election, and 2016 is no different. I am cautiously optimistic about our chances here - we'll be having a rally tonight down in Richmond. We found a large venue, and the public is welcome to attend. Hopefully we'll have reasons to celebrate.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2012, 11:42:37 PM »

Brian Sandoval Victory Rally - Richmond, Virginia

My friends, tonight, we claim victory!!!

I simply couldn't have asked for a better night - thank you to my supporters in all states and all of the hard work you did!

Maine was a state that we were counted out on early - many expected Governor Christie to take it, as it was in the Northeast. Our hard work though paid off, as we got a huge victory in the Maine caucus!

Maryland was another state expected to go strongly for Christie, yet we closed the gap late, and, like New Hampshire, practically tied with Governor Christie, and received a healthy share of delegates. We also claimed victory in D.C., where we were awarded delegates simply for caring about it.

And here...here was our biggest win of the evening, folks! Thank you to Governor McDonnell for your hard work. We visited Virginia early on in the primary, and tonight it paid off! Thank you Virginia!

Tonight, we claim victory, and we move forward. Americans from all over have spoken, and I believe it's time that we unite as a party and look towards the ultimate picture - defeating Senator Gillibrand and bringing conservative back to the White House! Thank you, and God Bless
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »

Statement from the Sandoval Campaign:

Governor Brian Sandoval will be holding a campaign rally later today in Scranton, Pennsylvania. It is here where Brian Sandoval will be announcing his Vice Presidential nominee.

Presumed Shortlist:
Rick Santorum
Bob Portman
Allen West
Pat Toomey
Chris Christie
Mark Kirk
Kim Reynolds
Marco Rubio
Bob McDonnell
Kelly Ayotte
Marsha Blackburn
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »

Governor Brian Sandoval Campaign Rally
Scranton, Pennyslvania

Good afternoon!

I'm very pleased to be here today with you all and make such an historic announcement. Scranton, the "electric city", built and ran by honest, good people. Like all of the Rust Belt, Scranton has contributed so much to the progress and prosperity of America!

Friends, for the past few months, I've been looking for a running mate. In that running mate, I was looking for someone who could help me shake-up Washington and someone who had the experience needed to serve as our nation's Vice President. We had so many great possibilities, and it's a shame I couldn't choose all of them! Our party is full of so many people who are dedicated to this country and are ready at a moment's notice to step up and help lead this country.

I found someone in this process with a reputation for standing up to special interests and bureaucrats - someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind, and will always put the people, not politics, first when making decisions. This person has fought hard against corruption and the failed policies we've been dealt recently, and this person is someone that wants to stop wasting tax dollars and give back to the people. This is someone who has a proven record of not only getting the job done, but also reaching out across the aisle in order to achieve their goals. The last 8 years, America has been dealt with high unemployment and increased government spending. We don't need any more of the failed policies of Barack Obama and Kirsten Gillibrand, and my pick for Vice President will help us return to a road of economic prosperity.

My Vice Presidential choice is someone of great principles and integrity who has compassion for America and is ready to fight for her as second in command. They came up in a hard-working middle-class family, and have always been proud to be an American.

This person has done an excellent job as serving as Governor of New Jersey, and will do an excellent job as our nation's Vice President. He is exactly who I need, who our country needs, to help fight against the "me-first, country second" politics that dominate Washington D.C.

Friends, let me be the first to introduce you to the next Vice President of the United States of America - Governor Chris Christie from the great state of New Jersey!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: July 3rd-9th
Monday - Campaign Rally in Scranton, Pennsylvania; Campaign Rally in Norristown, Pennsylvania
Tuesday - Breakfast Meet and Greet in Newark, New Jersey; Campaign Rally in Middletown, New Jersey; Independence Celebration in Washington D.C.
Wednesday - Townhall in Richmond, Virginia; Campaign Rally in Norfolk, Virginia; GOP Dinner in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thursday - Campaign Rally in Greensboro, North Carolina; Campaign Rally in Asheville, Norht Carolina; Townhall in Greenville, South Carolina; Townhall in Anderson, South Carolina
Friday - Breakfast Meet and Greet in Rome, Georgia; Campaign Rally in Alpharetta, Georgia; Fundraiser in Atlanta, Georgia; Campaign Rally in Tallahassee, Florida
Saturday - Townhall in Panama City, Florida; Campaign Rally in Pensacola, Florida; Campaign Rally in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Sunday - Meet and Greet in El Dorado, Arkansas; Campaign Rally in Pine Bluff, Arkansas; Campaign Rally in Little Rock, Arkansas; Townhall in Searcy, Arkansas

The South has been a key component to the GOP winning Presidential elections in recent years, and 2016 will be no different. Some may suggest we're at a disadvantage - we have no Southerner on the ticket. However, what we do have is the values and ideological beliefs that the South loves - we believe in social conservatism, we believe in small, limited government and lower taxes. That's what the South loves, that's what we love. In the meantime, we have on the other side a big government liberal who has supported all of President Obama's failed initiative.

We may not have a Southerner on the ballot, but I still remain very confident that we will win the South!

- Brian Sandoval in Little Rock, Arkansas

Chris Christie Campaign Schedule: July 3rd-9th
Monday - Campaign Rally in Scranton, Pennsylvania; Campaign Rally in Norristown, Pennsylvania
Tuesday - Breakfast Meet and Greet in Newark, New Jersey; Campaign Rally in Middletown, New Jersey; Independence Celebration in Washington D.C.
Wednesday - Townhall in Richmond, Virginia; Campaign Rally in Norfolk, Virginia; GOP Dinner in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thursday - Campaign Rally in Morgantown, West Virginia; Townhall in Wheeling, West Virginia; Campaign Rally in Akron, Ohio; Townhall in Warren, Ohio
Friday - Meet and Greet in Youngstown, Ohio; Meet and Greet in Butler, Pennsylvania; Campaign Rally in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania; Townhall in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
Saturday - Meet and Greet in Concord, New Hampshire; Campaign Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire; Townhall in Dover, New Hampshire; Campaign Rally in Portland, Maine
Sunday - Townhall in Westbrook, Maine; Townhall in Gray, Maine; Townhall in Lewistown, Maine; Townhall in Augusta, Maine

Senator Gillibrand is in for a rude awakening if she thinks she's going to have a "firewall" on the Northeast. We're going to contest it, and we're going to contest it hard - everything is on the table. Maine hasn't voted Republican since 1988, but we're going to reverse that trend this year.

Anyone who looks at my campaign schedule has noticed this, so I'll bring it out in the open - I like townhalls. It gives me, the candidate, an opportunity to really connect and speak to the voters, and like it was for McCain, it's just something I'm comfortable at. Except many more of these in the future.

- Chris Christie at a townhall in Gray, Maine
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »

July 11th-17th Schedule (Second Week in July)Sad

Brian Sandoval (Named bolded=surrogates)

Monday
Meet and Greet in Joplin, Missouri
Meeting with Small Business Owners in Joplin, Missouri
Campaign Rally in Springfield, Missouri
Townhall in Lebanon, Missouri
Campaign Rally in Jefferson City, Missouri
Senator Roy Blunt

Tuesday
Campaign Rally in Des Moine, Iowa
Townhall in Independence, Iowa
Townhall in Waterloo, Iowa
Townhall in Davenport, Iowa
Governor Kim Reynolds

Wednesday
Meet and Greet in Windom, Minnesota
Meet and Greet in Mankato, Minnesota
Campaign Rally in Rochester, Minnesota
Townhall in Lancaster, Wisconsin
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann

Thursday
Campaign Rally in Madison, Wisconsin
Luncheon in Madison, Wisconsin
Townhall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Townhall in Kenosha, Wisconsin
Governor Scott Walker

Friday
Campaign Rally in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Townhall in Lansing, Michigan
Townhall in Farmington Hills, Michigan
Campaign Rally in Oakland, Michigan
Governor Rick Snyder

Saturday
 Campaign Rally in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Campaign Rally in Toledo, Ohio
Townhall in Fremont, Ohio
Congressman Marlin Stutzman

Sunday
Attend Mass in Sandusky, Ohio
Townhall in Bath, Ohio
Townhall in Canton, Ohio
Townhall in Dover, Ohio
Senator Rob Portman

Chris Christie

Monday
Meet and Greet in Derry, New Hampshire
Luncheon in Hampstead, New Hampshire
Townhall in Exeter, New Hampshire
Townhall in Kingston, New Hampshire
Senator Kelly Ayotte

Tuesday
Meet and Greet in Winchester, Connecticut
Meet and Greet in Torrington, Connecticut
Townhall in Newington, Connecticut
Townhall in Meriden, Connecticut

Wednesday
Campaign Rally in Trenton, New Jersey
Townhall in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Norristown, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Fundraiser in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Thursday
Meet and Greet in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Campaign Rally in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Hagerstown, Maryland
Townhall in Frederick, Maryland
Senator Pat Toomey

Friday
Campaign Rally in Centreville, Virginia
Luncheon in Dale City, Virginia
Townhall in Richmond, Virginia
Townhall in Bon Air, Virginia
Governor Bob McDonnell

Saturday
Meet and Greet in Petersburg, Virginia
Townhall in Emporia, Virginia
Townhall in Rocky Mountain, North Carolina
Campaign Rally in Raleigh North Carolina
Senator Richard Burr

Sunday
Meet and Greet in Callahan, Florida
Meet and Greet in Lake City, Florida
Campaign Rally in Ocaila, Florida
Campaign Rally in Gainesville, Florida
Senator Marco Rubio
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 10:34:06 PM »

Brian Sandoval: Campaign Rally in Jefferson City, Missouri

Look, Senator Gillibrand can say what she wants - we're not trying to divide America by promising to hold the South. The fact that she even made that statement is truly puzzling. This campaign isn't playing on the defensive, either. We're leading in the polls. In fact, just about all of the states we're campaigning in are states that haven't voted Republican in many cycles. I had no clue that campaigning in Maryland, a state that gave Obama over 60% in 2008, was "defensive".

During the primary, I promised to be competitive in every single state; never ignore a state simply because I thought I had an uphill climb there. I fulfilled that promise. Here we are in the General Election, and we're going to keep that strategy. I have a regional jealousy all right, and that region I want to take is the entire United States of America! That's why our campaign will have a presence everywhere - just this week Governor Christie will be making stops in Connecticut and Maryland, two states considered to be "Strong Democratic".

What has divided this country, though, is the failed policies and leadership of President Barack Obama. Back in 2010, we saw "Obamacare" passed. Despite the fact that polls consistently showed Americans opposing Obamacare, and we saw just how much it was opposed in the 2010 midterms, President Obama, with the help of Senator Gillibrand, rammed through a bill the people didn't want. These are difficult times in America, and instead of working together to achieve greatness, we have an administration that continues to play politics and work in a partisan way.

Friends, America needs...let me correct that: America deserves a President that is honest and ready to work for the people. Over the past few administrations, our nation has lost trust and hope in the government - we despise government. It's the norm now. That's not what I want - if I could guarantee one thing in my first term, it would be that American's can once again have faith in our government. That, unfortunately, isn't something I can guarantee, but it's something I'll do everything in my power to achieve.

In order to achieve that, we have to put in leadership, not just at the executive level, that is trustworthy - no more greedy politicians. We also have to implement solid principles - the belief that government should not spend more than it intakes. We need smart policy implemented in Washington, policy that includes lowering our tax rates, reducing the size of government, and creating creating a social policy that is both tolerant and respectful.

America, Missouri, I firmly believe that our best days our ahead of us - I'm running in this race because I passionately believe in the American dream - I've lived it! I believe in the American dream, and I want to America to have a future that our forefathers would be proud of and that future generations will appreciate. We can achieve this, and we will achieve this! Thank you, God Bless Missouri! God Bless America!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »

Republican Campaign Schedule: July 18th-24th

Governor Brian Sandoval:

July 18th:
Townhall in Odessa, Texas
Meet and Greet in Pacos, Texas
Meet and Greet in Haskell, Texas
Campaign Rally in El Paso, Texas

July 19th:
Townhall in Roswell, New Mexico
Luncheon in Alamogordo, New Mexico
Townhall in Las Cruces, New Mexico
Townhall in Silver City, New Mexico

July 20th:
Breakfast in Cliffton, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Tombstone, Arizona
Campaign Rally in Tucson, Arizona
Campaign Rally in Mesa, Arizona

July 21st:
Meet and Greet in Overton, Nevada
Townhall in Beatty, Nevada
Townhall in Bishop, California
Campaign Rally in Fresno, California

July 22nd:
Meet and Greet in Modesto, California
Campaign Rally in Stockton, California
Campaign Rally/Fundraiser in Sacramento, California
Townhall in Yuba City, California

July 23rd:
Breakfast Fundraiser in Medford, Oregon
Campaign Rally in Eugene, Oregon
Campaign Rally in Gresham, Oregon
Townhall in Kelso, Washington

July 24th:
Appearence on FOX News Sunday
Campaign Rally in Olympia, Washington
Townhall in Tacoma, Washington
Townhall in Wenatchee, Washingotn
Townhall in Chelan, Washington

History will be made in 2016 - America will elect either the first female President or the first Latino President. We also could see a massive reallignment happening in this election - just this week, both Governor Christie and I are spending much of our time in states that usually vote Democratic, but we beleive we can win.
- Governor Brian Sandoval

Governor Chris Christie:

July 18th:
Campaign Rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Touring of "Hershey's Chocolate World Attraction" in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Appearence via satellite on Sean Hannity

July 19th:
Townhall in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Reading, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Norristown, Pennsylvania
Appearence on ABC's WPVI out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

July 20th:
Townhall in Trenton, New Jersey
Townhall in Freehold, New Jersey
Townhall in Red Bank, New Jersey
Campaign Rally in Camden, New Jersey

July 21st:
Campaign Rally in Dover, Delaware
Townhall in Bridgeville, Delaware
Townhall in Ocean City, Maryland
Townhall in Snow Hill, Maryland

July 22nd:
Meet and Greet in Wheeling, West Virginia
Townhall in Morgantown, West Virginia
Townhall in Parkersburg, West Virginia
Townhall in Marietta, Ohio
Townhall in Cambridge, Ohio

July 23rd:
Meet and Greet in Newark, Ohio
Campaign Rally in Columbus, Ohio
Townhall in Circleville, Ohio
Fundraiser in Cincinatti, Ohio

July 24th:
Appearence on Meet The Press
Campaign Rally in Arlington Virginia
Townhall in Winchester, Virginia

It doesn't matter if you live in Dover, Delaware, or Tulsa, Oklahoma - American's across this nation are struggling with high tax burdens and living paycheck to paycheck. The policies of smart, fiscal policy Governor Sandoval and I will get implemented aren't just going to help a select few - they're going to be beneficial to the entire nation...except the lobbyists in D.C. we'll be kicking out!
- Governor Chris Christie
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Rally in Tucson, Arizona: July 20th (Accompanied by Jan Brewer and John McCain)

Good afternoon!

I have spent this election campaigning for smart, conservative principles. Principles that I firmly believe will put America back on the right direction. The policies applied by President Bush, policies that were backed by Senator Gillibrand and Governor Beebe, are not policies that encourage growth - they gave government more control and slowed down a recovery.

When announcing his first stimulus plan back in 2009, President Obama promised that it would speed up the recovery, when it actually slowed it down. My friends, I believe in America, and I believe in promoting economic prosperity in America, and that's what I'll do as President. We'll lower taxes so middle and lower class families can live with more peace. We'll cut the corporate tax so businesses can become more competitive and create new jobs. Even my opponents Vice Presidential candidate agress with that! It is not just the government's responsibility to create jobs - it is also the government's responsibility to create a business-friendly environment so the private sector can create jobs. President Obama and Senator Gillibrand seemed to have missed the boat on that point.

Under a Sandoval administration, America will once again be open for business. Our smart, fiscally conservative policies worked in Nevada, and I firmly believe they will work on a national level as well.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2012, 11:45:11 PM »

We should resurrect this!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »

What stage were we in? Is there still interest? I may still have the data files.
Near the conventions - Mondale84 would need to be replaced, but everyone else is still around.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies