My take on the Kony2012 Movement (Attention Whoring of sorts)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:01:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  My take on the Kony2012 Movement (Attention Whoring of sorts)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My take on the Kony2012 Movement (Attention Whoring of sorts)  (Read 1444 times)
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2012, 05:42:17 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dtPxuOnrfU

Warning: Some strong language in places (just an f bomb or three and the sh*t word once or twice)

Your thoughts?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 06:47:11 PM »

I don't think the role of Youtube kook suits you, to be honest. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:07:18 PM »

I'm too lazy to watch a video, plus my mom's in the room.

My view, however, is that if we intervene at all, it's in terms of assassinating the right people and getting the Hell out. I used to be a super pro-war, pro-international humanitarian guy. I liked the philosophy of the President in "Air Force One". However, I've moderated in that. Our actions in Iraq, no matter what they were founded on, can be at least somewhat justified with the 9/11 attacks and the resulting War on Terror. This has no connection to us (from what I hear. I don't really care enough to do reserach, so this is the pissed off, uninformed, white guy typing--an addition to my usual just pissed off white guy) and if we decided to do a damn thing about it, we do it like ol' H.W. taught us in Panama. A one night operation to take him out. Since he's harder to find than Noriega, that's unlikely to occur.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:08:28 PM »

I don't think the role of Youtube kook suits you, to be honest. Tongue

I don't think so either Tongue But it's fun and way easier than blogging Tongue
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:09:35 PM »

My view, however, is that if we intervene at all, it's in terms of assassinating the right people and getting the Hell out. I used to be a super pro-war, pro-international humanitarian guy. I liked the philosophy of the President in "Air Force One". However, I've moderated in that. Our actions in Iraq, no matter what they were founded on, can be at least somewhat justified with the 9/11 attacks and the resulting War on Terror. This has no connection to us (from what I hear. I don't really care enough to do reserach, so this is the pissed off, uninformed, white guy typing--an addition to my usual just pissed off white guy) and if we decided to do a damn thing about it, we do it like ol' H.W. taught us in Panama. A one night operation to take him out. Since he's harder to find than Noriega, that's unlikely to occur.

This, somewhat.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »

My reaction is it makes me want to run around the streets of California naked while masturbating.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 09:01:53 PM »

My reaction is it makes me want to run around the streets of California naked while masturbating.

It's so hard to hate you when you make me laugh like I just did.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »

I agree with a lot of you said, up until you started talking about military interventionism Tongue

No, but seriously, this "Kony2012" movement is a scam in every sense of the word.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 02:02:22 PM »

Beware what you're saying to a 15-year old. Authorities may not like this.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »

Thread over, you win.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »

Thread over, you win.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 07:14:40 PM »

I'm in the "Kony 2012" movement. So, obviously, I disagree with you...
IMHO, developed countries should occupy Africa in order to fix all the atrocities we (developed countries) have caused. Our moral obligation is to help Africans building a fair future... The only way I see to do that is ending up with dictatorial systems and building real democracies around there (but, obviously, the first thing to do is stopping hunger).

Occupation has became a system used by countries like the USA or even Spain to do whatever's good for them... But occupation can also be used to help underdeveloped countries, to improve people's life. Spain was better with José Bonaparte than with Carlos IV, that for sure (and our "Constitución de Cádiz" would not have been possible if Carlos IV had never been attacked by Napoleon troops) Wink
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »

The U.S. has committed no atrocities in Africa...sooooooooooooooo...

Look, I support humanitarian missions, but the Invisible Children are lying to us in so many ways.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 08:28:36 PM »

developed countries should occupy Africa in order to fix all the atrocities we (developed countries) have caused. Our moral obligation is to help Africans building a fair future...

This is the exact reason why the US invaded Iraq and look what happened. The place is a mess and the Government is corrupt.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 06:52:27 AM »

The U.S. has committed no atrocities in Africa...sooooooooooooooo...

Look, I support humanitarian missions, but the Invisible Children are lying to us in so many ways.

Anything is good to bring an attention to monsters such as Kony.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »

developed countries should occupy Africa in order to fix all the atrocities we (developed countries) have caused. Our moral obligation is to help Africans building a fair future...

This is the exact reason why the US invaded Iraq and look what happened. The place is a mess and the Government is corrupt.

That's not true. The real reason to invade Irak was the oil. GW, Tony and Aznar didn't want to fix the problems of Irak.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 08:02:47 AM »

That's not true. The real reason to invade Irak was the oil. GW, Tony and Aznar didn't want to fix the problems of Irak.
There's oil in Uganda too nowadays: http://www.economist.com/node/14177583?story_id=14177583&source=hptextfeature

Just wanted to point that out Smiley
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 08:10:36 AM »

It's not a secret that this whole Kony2012 thing is just a rouse to get the public to support our intervening in Uganda for oil.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »

Ah yes, developed countries caused all the problems of undeveloped countries. ANd yes, the old oil claim. I used to have this human rights foreign policy type view, but it's entirely impractical. Foreign policy should be based on US interests, and while Iraq was at least in the Middle East, this place is completely unconnected to us. Developed countries didn't creat evil and it's not our job to correct every ill across the globe.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies