AFRNC Debate/Questions Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:35:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AFRNC Debate/Questions Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AFRNC Debate/Questions Thread  (Read 13598 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: January 08, 2004, 11:11:47 PM »

Thank You.  My first question is to Demrepdan.  What exactly is your stance on abortion?

Where do I stand on abortion? Well, I do believe I have made my stance on abortion quite clear. The person who SHOULD be asked where he TRULY stands on abortion is PD.

Here is my stance, as stated before. I support abortion in these cases.

The mother of the child is raped. The child is a product of incest. The mother's life is in danger, and she will die if she has the child, thus risking the child's life as well. So why let TWO people die, the mother and the child, when you can save the mother? I will LISTEN to those people who think that abortion is ok if the doctor determines through genetics that the baby will have major birth defects. I will LISTEN to them, but as I feel right now, it is wrong. You should give the baby a chance at life no matter what disabilities it may have when it is born. You never know what may happen, what cures may be discovered tomorrow, that can better the baby’s life.  I am also willing to LISTEN to other reasons as to why a woman should have an abortion.
   ABOVE ALL, I do not support partial birth abortion, even if ANY of these aforementioned scenarios apply. Abortions should only take place in the early part of the pregnancy, perhaps the first trimester.

I am DISGUSTED in women who get an abortion simply because she got pregnant, and she uses it as a "birth control" method. If you had SEX with some "cute boy" you just met last night, and now you regret your mistake. TOO BAD! LIVE WITH IT! We learn from our mistakes! The GIRL who had unprotected sex should learn from her mistakes, and NOT the baby in her belly! She should take responsibility for her actions! Those are my feelings on abortion. And if elected, I will attempt to pass an "Abortion Reform" bill through congress. It would not get RID of abortion, but it would make the rules on getting an abortion more strict. Many of my rules stated above, would be integrated into the bill.

You are so inconsistent?
Why are you so adamantly against abortion, but not so if the mother was raped?
You're SO about the babies, but those babies are no different.
You seem to support the baby over the mother anyway, so why is that baby any different?  Why does that baby have any less right to live?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 11:37:14 AM »

I am a strong supporter of space exploration. I feel that the quest for discovery and learning new things is one of the most important things that we can do as a people, and thus I am strongly supportive of scientific endeavors. Learning about other worlds also can help us to better understand our own. Nothing that we learn is ever wasted. It has been very well established that intelligent life of any sort cannot be in existence anywhere in our solar system, but it certainly is possible that some sort of simple single-celled organisms, such as resembling amoebas, may live on other planets. This would be a tremendous discovery if it were to be found, and thus I would support efforts to continue to find life on other planets. The $1 contribution towards public funds for presidential candidates does not affect the total amount of money that the taxpayer pays; if the taxpayer does not choose that option, then the $1 of taxes goes into the general fund instead. I would not support having this option available for space travel as I feel that legislators and appropriations committees can best make the decision about how our tax dollars can be spent, and if the people are upset with these decisions they can vote their members of Congress out of office.
I agree with everything he said.  If I were responding to the question, I would have said almost the same thing.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 12:26:13 PM »

I am a strong supporter of space exploration. I feel that the quest for discovery and learning new things is one of the most important things that we can do as a people, and thus I am strongly supportive of scientific endeavors. Learning about other worlds also can help us to better understand our own. Nothing that we learn is ever wasted. It has been very well established that intelligent life of any sort cannot be in existence anywhere in our solar system, but it certainly is possible that some sort of simple single-celled organisms, such as resembling amoebas, may live on other planets. This would be a tremendous discovery if it were to be found, and thus I would support efforts to continue to find life on other planets. The $1 contribution towards public funds for presidential candidates does not affect the total amount of money that the taxpayer pays; if the taxpayer does not choose that option, then the $1 of taxes goes into the general fund instead. I would not support having this option available for space travel as I feel that legislators and appropriations committees can best make the decision about how our tax dollars can be spent, and if the people are upset with these decisions they can vote their members of Congress out of office.
I agree with everything he said.  If I were responding to the question, I would have said almost the same thing.

You're on the GOP thread, just in case you don't know... Smiley

CM did ask Nym90 on this thread.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 12:49:52 PM »

Unfortunately, there is no similar Democratic forum.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies