More than 100% of the registered voters voted in WY? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:12:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  More than 100% of the registered voters voted in WY? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More than 100% of the registered voters voted in WY?  (Read 13406 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:17:31 PM »

That would be my guess.

There are six states - Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, and Wyoming - with same-day registration.

Well, then this explains it.  Next.

Yep, because I really can't see a reason to fix Wyoming. That would be way too much insecurity. Even for the GOP.

There is really only one state in the entire country without competitive elections whatsoever, and it isn't Wyoming, although Wyoming is somewhat close.  No good reason not to fix it either, I suppose?  It's better that than disaster the next time there is a competitive gubernatorial race (which may happen after Freudenthal retires).

Which state are you referring to? Idaho?

That would be my pick for the title of least competitive state; it's been a long time since Democrats came anywhere close to winning a Senate seat, House seat, the Governorship, or a Presidential race. The legislature is also overwhelmingly Republican. Idaho is probably overall the closest in the country to being a true one party state (other than the District of Columbia of course).

At least in Wyoming the Democrats won the governorship last time and have been reasonably competitive in the House race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies