Pontius Pilate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:55:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Pontius Pilate (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pontius Pilate  (Read 4670 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »

Ernest,

How does it feel to be mostly in agreement with the dumbest poster in the history of the Atlas Forum?

What are your views on the Bible True Federalist?
The Old Testament is a work of man dealing with God from the viewpoint of the Jews.  I don't think that the text we have today has been received without error in transmission, but it does convey accurately the principles of the covenant God made with the Jews. Trying to interpret the Torah as history in the modern sense is a profound mistake as that was not why it was written.  (There are elements of history embedded within the Torah, but taking the Torah as literal history is a mistake.)

The New Testament suffers from having been codified by Gentilizers who were in a love-hate relationship with the Jewish roots of their religion.  They loved the antiquity of it, but they hated not sharing the status of the Jews as God's chosen people.  My views are in between those of the Gentilizers who I feel are in error in denying the Jews any difference in status within the church, and those of the Judaizers who erred in thinking that one must be a Jew to worship God correctly.

I agree mostly...
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 12:43:47 AM »

How does it feel to be mostly in agreement with the dumbest poster in the history of the Atlas Forum?
You think he's dumber than Derek?  I guess you have a new yardstick to use for dumbness.

No, Derek (aka Tidewater...aka Jackass) has always been my yardstick for dumbness...unless, of course, you care to take his place.  Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies