For fun, let's try and predict the maps for the next six elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:10:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  For fun, let's try and predict the maps for the next six elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For fun, let's try and predict the maps for the next six elections  (Read 14840 times)
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« on: April 23, 2020, 09:40:02 AM »

2020: Joe Biden defeats President Trump due to a recession that only starts to improve by September 2020.  It's close, but not enough.

2024: President Biden declines to run for a 2nd term as he'd be 82, Vice president Kamala Harris easily wins the nomination and chooses HUD Secretary and former mayor Pete Buttigieg as VP.  As Trump lost, the GOP establishment try to find a safe establishment choice and Pence is dissuaded from running.  Even though Cruz, Paul and Rubio run, Former Ambassador/Governor Nikki Haley is nominated and chooses Rep. Dan Crenshaw as her running mate. 

As GOP enthusiasm is fairly low and the economy is good, Harris/Buttigieg easily win.  Texas is decided by under 0.5%.

2028: A recession hits in 2027 and China has become increasingly aggressive geopolitically over the Biden-Harris administrations, and the Democratic party is split between the neo-Liberals, and the far left, led by Senator Alexandria Occasio-Cortez (who threatens to challenge Harris for the nomination but backs off) .  Anger towards the establishment GOP and China's aggression allows the nationalist-Populist wing to grow strong enough to become the dominant party force, led by Tucker Carlson and Senators Josh Hawley and Tom Cotton.  The GOP also started moving left on economic issues.  Sen. Tom Cotton/Sen. John James easily defeats Harris/Buttigieg.

2032:  Despite intraparty warring in the GOP, President Cotton's first term oversees peace and steady economic growth.  His tough on crime policies and hawkishness are somewhat controversial, however.  The AOC-led wing of the Democratic party becomes the dominant force in the party, and she is an early frontrunner and secures the nomination fairly easily (although former HUD Sec. Buttigieg puts up a strong showing).  Although it's very close, moderate voters are turned off by the GND and give President Cotton a narrow victory.

2036: Cotton's tariff's and threats of nationalization harms the economy, and his approval drops below 40%.  VP John James runs unopposed as most GOPers think the election is a lost cause.  Sec. Buttigieg wins the Dem nomination and selects Senator Occasio-Cortez as VP.  It's a strong ticket and a landslide win.

Bonus: 2040 sees a Hispanic, pro business Rep. shake up the map.

Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 06:53:49 AM »

A few nitpicks.

1. Why would Crenshaw be the VP nominee in 2024? You mentioned Cruz ran for president, so he’d probably have to give up his Senate seat, and Crenshaw seems destined to run in that scenario.
2. How is John James a Senator? If Biden is wining I can’t see him beat Peters, and he probably won’t get a third chance afterwards.
3.  How did AOC become a Senator? I can’t imagine her winning a primary against neither Schumer nor Gillibrand.
4. A Hispanic pro-Business Republican? Sounds like Sen. Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH).

Ted Cruz isn't that popular, and the GOP/Haley would try to hold on to Texas with Crenshaw, who the conservative/Trumpy base likes and is less polarizing than Cruz.  Also, It's tough to envision Cruz winning a third term in 2024.

I assumed James ran and won in 2024, but that doesn't mesh well with the Harris/Buttigieg landslide, so it's an inconsistency on my part.  And true, Biden winning would mean that Peters holds on.  I tried to think of a Trumpy GOP senator from the midwest.

Schumer retires, and the progressive faction grows over 8 years of Biden-Harris.  AOC is the obvious star of the left once Bernie retires in 2024.

As far as 2040, this was too far into the future to consider any current names aside from Buttigieg/AOC,  and I wanted to see a scenario where the GOP snaps back to pro-business classical liberalism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies